Article Transcripts (translations) and interviews

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Article Transcripts (translations) and interviews

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

I know it's been brought up before that we could put up articles, perhaps in a different namespace, for interviews and transcripts of various articles related to Evangelion.

We've got a lot of translated material and interviews with the staff on the forums over the last year or so, so it might be worth some time to revisit the possibility of hosting it in the wiki.

One major bonus for hosting these in the wiki is that we'd be able to use them as source directly from other articles in the wiki, especially from the Theory and Analysis pages.

The first issue is the CC-SA license of the wiki can't apply to these. They're not licensed under something similarly compatible and Fair Use is iffy with some of them (or all of them). We may have to setup a namespace and/or a template that we can add to these articles that states it's not CC-SA and the translator/original publisher holds the rights to the material.

The second issue is organizing it all. Should there be categories for publications (like New Type, CRC, etc) or should there be large pages for written statements, interviews, and then articles for transcripts? As for the namespace, I can set that up and provide a user group to edit/modify pages in that namespace. What should it be called?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:08 pm

The inconsistently-utilized "Resources" name space probably has this covered; that was always my intention for it, anyway. When I'm doing citations, I link to the Resource page if it happens to exist (which it tends not to). There's already stuff there that doesn't fall under the license and isn't appropriately marked.

I don't think separate namespaces are needed for each source; that can be covered in the article name, right?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The inconsistently-utilized "Resources" name space probably has this covered; that was always my intention for it, anyway. When I'm doing citations, I link to the Resource page if it happens to exist (which it tends not to). There's already stuff there that doesn't fall under the license and isn't appropriately marked.

I don't think separate namespaces are needed for each source; that can be covered in the article name, right?

Resources is fine, probably more appropriate. I didn't mean a separate namespace for each article, just one that's protected for all of this stuff, but Resources is fine.

Can we make a template that denotes a non-CC-SA license and a place to enter info on the rights holder/translator?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:01 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Can we make a template that denotes a non-CC-SA license and a place to enter info on the rights holder/translator?

That sounds like a good idea. I still haven't done my reading on how the licenses work (...whoops), so I hope you don't mind if I defer this to you or one of the other smrt peple.

Speaking of templates, we could probably use a similar thing for image pages...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 am

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Template:Copyrighted

example of it here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/User:Ornette

We can mess around with the layout and the styles. All of the fields are optional, so if you don't know where something came from, you can at least mark it copyrighted.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”