Your favourite phallus

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Your favourite phallus

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Because someone has to create it.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Shinji's, because Gendo loves to suck dat sh*t all night long!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Shamshel not the very first mention? EGF, I am disappoint.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Crystal Wolf
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crystal Wolf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm

My favorite phallus is the one that gives this thread a good slap across the face.
<esselfortium> tsundercats, ho
EGF's Herald of Khorne

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:16 pm

The one that's supposed to be there (you know, the back of the chair and stuff) in Episode 23.

Okay, and Shamshel. That was for you, Mr. Tines.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 pm

1) At about the 11 min mark in episode 2 (when Misato is showing Shinji the city at dusk), I ALWAYS laugh at the penis.

It's on the right side of the screen with the two globes.

Shinji even says something like, "Amazing! The buildings are growing!!" I bet that's not the only thing growing : )

2) Episode 15, at about the 10:27 mark, while Gendo and Shinji are at Yui's tombstone.

The first one I posted is understandable. I'd get hard over Tokyo-3 as well (also, Misato is hot). The question HERE is WHY DOES GENDO HAVE A BONER? Is it a boner for Shinji? Or Yui? Or graveyards?

[Edit] Whoops, you are right. Blame my dyslexia. Question still stands though, except for Shinji. Perhaps Anno is referencing the oedipus complex.[Edit]
Last edited by Jessemon on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 pm

uhh, the shadow with "boner" is Shinji

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Shamshel not the very first mention? EGF, I am disappoint.

Since his Rebuild reimagining as a dick with a horrifying flailing-armed vagina in it, I find he is no longer my favorite
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Jessemon has more Freudian issues to work out than any member of the NGE cast.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Since his Rebuild reimagining as a dick with a horrifying flailing-armed vagina in it, I find he is no longer my favorite

That strange, he's my favorite for those exact same reasons.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Since his Rebuild reimagining as a dick with a horrifying flailing-armed vagina in it, I find he is no longer my favorite

New Shamshel is still a dick? If disembodied vaginae (albeit ones with heads and bony bug legs) are inevitably to be compared to the male genitals, then does this mean that guys who buy vaginal sleeves are being conned into using phalluses as masturbatory aids?

Oh, you males who insist that the world revolves around your groins...

My favorite phallus is Yui's horn. (I think there's a picture somewhere of Gendo getting sodomized by it.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby COACH » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm

View Original PostJessemon wrote:1) At about the 11 min mark in episode 2 (when Misato is showing Shinji the city at dusk), I ALWAYS laugh at the penis.

It's on the right side of the screen with the two globes.

Shinji even says something like, "Amazing! The buildings are growing!!" I bet that's not the only thing growing : )

That's what I was gonna say! I just noticed it last night. Didn't think anybody else had noticed it.
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm

:shinchair:

Oh yeah reminds me, why don't we have a Freud smiley yet?

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 am

I think this NGE EVA pride is going a bit too extreme... yet again, the films went one step more.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Reichu wrote:My favorite phallus is Yui's horn. (I think there's a picture somewhere of Gendo getting sodomized by it.)

:gasp: ...and how would you know this?

Reichu wrote:If disembodied vaginae (albeit ones with heads and bony bug legs) are inevitably to be compared to the male genitals, then does this mean that guys who buy vaginal sleeves are being conned into using phalluses as masturbatory aids?

I think that Reichu has solved the deep mysteries of fake genitalia and masturbation. Or [s]therapy[/s] watching EoE several times is necessary here.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:27 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Anno has more Freudian issues to work out than any member of the NGE cast.

Fixed.

While I certainly have my own issues, I don't think they pertain to this thread, hehe.

I mean, it's not like I invented these phallus', or are drawing vague conclusions from obscure images. These are pretty clear IMO, and they HAVE to be intentional. An anime isn't like a live action film. There is no "accidentally" catching an object (or group of objects) that seem to form a phallus. Every detail of each scene is thought out and DRAWN. And considering the themes of the series as a whole, Shamshel, and Anno's penchant for not having extraneous detail/animation/scenes, I find it hard to believe that he and his fellow animators just "happened" to draw very obvious phallic images into various scenes.

I merely find it interesting (especially having seen the series several times now), to look for such things and perhaps consider what they mean.
"Your truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it. That's how fragile the truth for a human is." Hideaki Anno

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 pm

I still don't see a single fucking penis in either image. Especially not in tokio-3 one.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:10 pm

View Original PostJessemon wrote:1) At about the 11 min mark in episode 2 (when Misato is showing Shinji the city at dusk), I ALWAYS laugh at the penis

2) Episode 15, at about the 10:27 mark, while Gendo and Shinji are at Yui's tombstone.
:freud: <- was made for posts like these.

View Original PostXard wrote:I still don't see a single fucking penis in either image. Especially not in tokio-3 one.
Well, the balls are hanging a bit to the left of the penis-building.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Jessemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jessemon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I still don't see a single fucking penis in either image. Especially not in tokio-3 one.

Uh, really? I think they're pretty clear. In the tokyo-3 one, it's the building on the right side with the two globes from a building in the foreground at its base. It's easier to notice when you watch the episode because it's actually growing, but it's there.

As for the shadow at the graveyard. Really? You can't see that one? I'm 90% sure that even the English Dub cast noticed it when they were doing the commentary for Death. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what led me to start taking note of the symbols during subsequent viewings in the first place >_>

Also, I find some of these responses pretty amusing (especially the ones about me having issues). During most of my English and Art classes in college (which were most of them b/c I'm an English Major), everything was skewed in the opposite direction. As in, people seemed to find a thousand phallic symbols (as well as others) in every movie, piece of art, or writing. I think it was because most of the students didn't understand what the teacher meant when they encouraged us to analyze works, and though it just meant they had to make everything a penis >_> It was usually up to about 25% of the class (and usually the teacher) to take more skeptical attitudes towards the rest of the classes findings. If lots of you are having trouble seeing the symbols in NGE, you would probably find some of my former classmates theories to be hilarious and/or disturbing compared to my posts here, rofl.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 pm

:lol: I'm reminded of the part in Notenki Memoirs, where Takeda mentioned about playing with the Ideon startup sequence -- and the emblem -- to form a symbolic vagina.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”