Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

[LIGHT NOVEL] GoSick

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I probably didn't need to make a new thread for this but I don't think I've created a thread ever... Anyways...

I am currently reading the first GoSick novel and I have the second in my possession. I would like to point out some differences and observations between the novels and the series. Once the series has ended and we've gotten into future novels I could post reviews/summaries. Of course to notice these differences, one must be/have watched the series.

EDIT: I can see everyone is real excited about this. Haha, just handy for reference if anyone really likes the show as I do.

==============================
Chapter 1 Observations

- Avril Bradley is there right at the beginning, according to the writing and illustration, it is the "fake" one, unless the novels diverge from the show plot later.

- Both Grevil and Victorique smoke pipes. They actually smoke them casually instead of just the occasional time we see Victorique smoking while solving the mysteries.

- We get a better description of what the books always in front Victorique are. They are many different books in many different languages. Apparently she can read all of them at the same time (about 5 or 6). She is trying to read every book in the library and, so far, has completed one wall.

- The mirror that the maid shot in episode 1 was a mirror used by Roxanne for telling the future. Victorique makes reference to Da Vinci's Witch Using a Magic Mirror.

- The motorbike murder that happened in episode 4 takes place before the events of the first novel. These events led Victorique and Kujo to become friends.

- Kujo has to dance alone to entertain Victorique (haha).

- Grevil's office at the police station is full of dolls. In episode 4, he is briefly shown holding a doll when Kujo busts in. It is implied that Grevil refers to the doll he is holding as Victorique.

- Victorique needs permission from someone in order to leave. Whether this be from the school campus or just her room and library (she doesn't live in the library). Both Grevil and Victorique say she needs permission.

- The last page ends with a little section from the original Queen Berry story that Avril was telling Kujo at the beginning.

- The chapter ends the same way episode 1 does.

Chapter 2 Observations

- A dark skinned man leads Kujo and Victorique to the dining hall, Kujo asks for another chair but doesn't see him. Kujo looks down the hall and sees the man's lantern. Chases him to the deck, and the man is nowhere to be found. Kujo sees the lantern light out at sea, he was rowing a boat away.

- In the dining room, Ned Baxter asked Kujo to sit on his knee. Victorique told him to as well, and so he did. Ned Baxter was a famous British actor. Avril had a picture of him in chapter 1. He gives Kujo some rabbit which leads him to be knocked out with the rest of the guests.

- The novel describes the 12th guest coming in and checking over everyone. The guest was intrigued by Victorique's beauty and was surprised when (s)he stepped on Kujo.

- An arrow almost hits Kujo after he tries to touch a vase, not a model of the ship like in the anime.

- In the middle of episode 2, everyone was on the deck when most of the old guys got killed by trying to escape on a raft. Well using common sense, they already checked the control room and they couldn't steer the ship, the rudder was broken. Well, they're next plan was to get to the wireless room, but that was on the other side of the ship. The smoke stack for the Queen Berry was purely decorative and obnoxiously large. It took up the entire top and you couldn't get around it, hence going back into the ship.

- The novel expands upon and tells the story of the first Queen Berry incident with the kids through the eyes of...

Chapter 3 Observations

- Maurice, the surviving old guy, can tell Victorique's of noble birth just by being around her. He also recognized her name (probably her last) during the previous chapter.

- In the anime, Maurice was held back from getting on the lifeboat. In the novel he didn't go simply because he was told it was dangerous. This adds to the question of whether Maurice was the one behind everything or not.

- The rest of the chapter was mostly the experience of "Alex", one of the children during the original Queen Berry. It details everything that happens as well as a 'bonding' between this girl Ree and the narrator for the flashback. Mostly how Ree's pendant was special, during the chaos she lost it, and the narrator went back to find it. Also the narrator saves her life.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Return to “Anime and Manga”