Shinji is lukewarm!

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Shinji is lukewarm!

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:28 pm

I mean, just look at him:
*shrug*
Check out my AMVs: Kaji/Misato in "18 Apostolos" & Kaworu and the Harpies in "The Beast That Shouted 'I' at the Heart of the World" w/ music by Esselfortium!!
Shinji embraces the otaku empowerment fantasy and dives headfirst into his mother's basement. -Chrad
Acts of man are better than acts of god. -Misato

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Which is why he is spitten out of the mouths of everyone who comes into contact with him. He is "good for nothing."

Actually makes a lot of sense. Lukewarm water isn't that useful. Cold water is good for drinking and hot water is good for bathing. Lukewarm on the other hand is very mehish.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Lukewarm water just feels sort of wrong. Like it wants to be cold or hot. It's indecisive, or lacks needed input from something around it to make it cold or hot. Shinji acts as the great equalizer of humanity in EoE, being the one to make the call for everyone to get into the pool. A pool that balances out to one, awkward, lukewarm temperature.

Room temp Tang, people.
Room temp Tang.

"Just like Chaz's EGF webcomic..."
"So 'meh' that it's unbelievable."

"I'm the protagonist. :)"
"I wonder if she thinks I'm cute?"

"My name is Shinji Ikari, and I'd like to be your friend."
"I brought booze."
Check out my AMVs: Kaji/Misato in "18 Apostolos" & Kaworu and the Harpies in "The Beast That Shouted 'I' at the Heart of the World" w/ music by Esselfortium!!
Shinji embraces the otaku empowerment fantasy and dives headfirst into his mother's basement. -Chrad

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 am

Oh dear, what have I done.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 am

You've brought life to this forum.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:02 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:
"I brought booze."

[URL=http://img641.imageshack.us/i/remiqnet10710.jpg/]Image[/URL]

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Oh dear, what have I done.

something I'm very jealous of, my friend
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Room temp Tang, people.
Room temp Tang.

"Just like Chaz's EGF webcomic..."
"So 'meh' that it's unbelievable."

"I'm the protagonist. :)"
"I wonder if she thinks I'm cute?"

"I brought booze."

Alright, I laughed a little at these.

View Original PostXard wrote:[URL=http://img641.imageshack.us/i/remiqnet10710.jpg/]Image[/URL]

That, on the other hand, made me LOL. Good one, Xard.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't judge me too harshly, I have some fond memories of this (admittedly mediocre) game.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 pm

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:Lukewarm on the other hand is very mehish.
It's good for near-comatose fevers... just like Shinji...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Well, long before now I've used the scriptural reference about spitting out lukewarm water in association with Shinji's alleged confession:

Shinji:
I want to help you in some way... and to be with you forever.

so it's good to see I'm (not) alone here :D
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Strangely, this thread describes Shinji's personality very well.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Allemann
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Shinji is like a cold miso soup left in the fridge.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 pm

O hai, what’s this thread about again?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:48 pm

It's not about that, so cut it out. :gavel:

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Seele00TextOnly wrote:I mean, just look at him:

I don't see how it's any diffrent than the other pics you're using in your assessment. Or why it's irelevant to what we're looking at here.

Adjust the assesed traits to something that isn't in keeping with generic male characters and you have the most moeblob character in EVA. If you can't move past typical guy roles, then he's going to seem worthless.
Last edited by Synapsid on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Well, I made the thread so I get dibs on arbitrary rules. Rule 1: this is not the Shinko/Shinyui/crossdressing thread, so keep that where it belongs.

It helps instead to use a generic stock pic of him with abysmally tepid attempts at humor or commentary, such as

"Well, I'm here with my backpack."
"When I'm leaving after I quit the first time, I'll have a duffel bag too. I guess I bought some stuff over the couple weeks. Pretty neat, huh?"

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Well, I made the thread so I get dibs on arbitrary rules.
That’s perfectly fine with me, he didn’t need dress magic to be moe or anything of the sort; it’s an innate part of his character.

But I thought we were talking about his character and use to others ("good for nothing.") here along with his insincere confession to Asuka.
Maybe everyone is just looking at the wrong things, lukewarm watter can be very useful.
[URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=12751832627271.jpg]Image[/URL] See, moe

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:26 pm

At the risk of sounding gay, can I say that Shinji does look cute (moe) in Rebuild.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

tomrule123
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:At the risk of sounding gay, can I say that Shinji does look cute (moe) in Rebuild.

:headdesk: OH, GOD, GET THAT CUTE IMAGE OUT OF MY HEAD! (Great, now I sense a strange disturbance in this emo.)

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:At the risk of sounding gay, can I say that Shinji does look cute (moe) in Rebuild.

Not in Rebuild surely, he's too irritatingly manlyfied. EoE Shinji is however moé as fuck
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Well, I made the thread so I get dibs on arbitrary rules. Rule 1: this is not the Shinko/Shinyui/crossdressing thread, so keep that where it belongs.
And all my dreams, burned to ash. . . :dejected:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”