[CYOA] Evastuck: A Crossover Text Adventure

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Posts: 186
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: deserting the sinking ship

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Doctor Memory » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm

> Be the penguin. WARK angrily at IMBIBING lady.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 pm

It hasn't come up until now, so I'll reveal a bit of useful information now: Since two forums are contributing to this adventure, obviously only a dedicated viewer will be able to see every command inputed and it is a matter of faith that unrecognized commands are from the other forum. To help emphasize this, commands I enter for myself, for whatever reason (usually exposition or to do something a reader clearly wanted but didn't say how to do correctly), will be bolded.

>Shinji: Be the penguin.
You cannot be the penguin because it isn't a teenaged human!

>Shinji: Politely ask the woman to move.
She completely ignores you! She is too drunk to see you!

>Shinji: Captchalogue CHIPS
You have no idea what that means, but you do so anyway, putting the CHIPS in one of your four CAPTCHA CARDS. Because you have the SHUFFLE Modus, attempting to retrieve them has a random chance of succeeding- any other item in your inventory might pop out instead!

It's a gift from your father. He really sucks sometimes, especially after he gave your friend a really nifty COLOR WHEEL Modus. Luckily, you have nothing else in your SYLLADEX at this time, so you have a 100% chance of getting the CHIPS.

>Shinji: Offer her some CHIPS in exchange for the PACKAGE.
She doesn't have the PACKAGE, it is merely behind her, and she isn't likely to move until she's finished. Which, judging by the indeterminate number of beer cans, might be forever.

This will probably end in STRIFE, so to be safe...

>Shinji: Check STRIFEDEX
You look in your STRIFEDEX to remember what kind of weapon you use. To your horror, you find you don't really have anything in here at all! Anything that could be used as a weapon will do.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Eh, why not. Using something from the practice run of this:

EQUIP toothbrush as your weapon. :smirk:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:29 pm

>EQUIP toothbrush as your weapon.
You don't see any TOOTHBRUSHES here!

>Woman: Cease imbibing. Dance drunkenly.
Though she isn't a teenager and thus can't be controlled normally, I'll totally let this slide. She does this awesome, funky dance without actually getting out of your way at any point.

>Shinji: Panic and accidentally allocate your strife specibus to CHIPKIND. Great. Just great.
Argh! Dammit, why'd you have to panic like that?! The odds of finding another STRIFE CARD are like, zero. (On the plus side, your inventory is empty now.)

>Shinji: Drink her under the table. The Ikari family is famous for their alcohol tolerance.
This is definitely true. A drinking contest will have to commence! You reach for a bottle of alcohol, and she reacts... poorly.

STRIFE begins.

>Aggress
>Abjure
>Abscond

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 pm

:lol:

This will not end will.

Aggress, aggress!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Posts: 186
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: deserting the sinking ship

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Doctor Memory » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 pm

->AGGRESS->(PASSIVE)
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 am

>AGGRESS->(PASSIVE)
You cannot passively aggress with CHIPKIND weaponry!

>ABJURE
She throws a beer can at you, and you point out that such actions are almost never necessary. She looks MOLLIFIED.

>AGGRESS
You whack her with the chips while she is MOLLIFIED. She looks shocked for a moment, and then begins to drunkenly laugh. Only an idiot would enter STRIFE with CHIPKIND. Or someone who was very nervous, you remind yourself. She continues to laugh, and actually runs out laughing. You hear the FRONT DOOR slam.

Well, at least you can get your PACKAGE now.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 am

Heh.

Inspect/open package.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Posts: 186
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: deserting the sinking ship

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Doctor Memory » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:15 am

We need to upgrade to CRISPKIND, ASAP. That shit was so not Pringles.

>Shinji: Be the mayor of Beertown.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:41 pm

>Shinji: Level up. You'll need to climb the echeladder fast with that weapon....
You check your echeladder for the inevitable spoil- HEY! She ran away so fast she didn't drop any experience or anything!

This day sucks so far.

>Shinji: Be the mayor of Beertown.
You spend two minutes attempting to make a beautiful beer can construction before accidentally knocking it all over. You silently blame those giant monsters that always attack Tokyo in the movies and move on.

>Shinji: Open package.
You CAPTCHALOGUE the package and then open it. It spreads to three different cards in your inventory: two of them taken up by discs with spinograph designs on them, one by a letter.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Read letter, then examine the discs. (Though yeah, you might not get the letter on the first try but it's worth a shot.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 pm

>Shinji: Eat the chips, thus freeing up a strife card for a new weapon.
Can you do that? You reach in an awkward, four-dimensional angle for the CHIPKIND strife card and somehow retrieve the CHIPS. They cycle into your SYLLADEX, filling it. You accidentally pull out your LETTER, though, when you try to eat the CHIPS.

>Shinji: It might be from your psychologist.
You are very certain that you do not have a psychologist.

You are reasonably certain that you are perfectly sane.

>Shinji: Read the LETTER.
“SHINJI-

YOUR MOTHER APOLOGIZES FOR THE SHORT NOTICE IN OUR BRINGING YOU BACK TO HAKONE. RECENT EVENTS IN OUR RESEARCH HAVE MADE IT OBVIOUS THAT SHE WILL BE ABLE TO SPEND MUCH MORE TIME WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. TOMORROW, OR PERHAPS THE NEXT DAY, SHE WILL ARRANGE FOR YOU TO SETTLE IN.

FOR TODAY, PLEASE USE THE COMPUTER IN THE LIVING ROOM TO INSTALL THESE TWO GAME DISCS. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME (IT IS TWO PLAYER), JUST HAVE IT READY. YOUR MOTHER AND AN OLD FRIEND WILL BE DROPPING BY AT DINNER TIME.”

Your father didn't even bother to sign it. He has been strangely impersonal all these years. Your mother has tried to reassure you (she at least calls on occasion) that it is just his way, and that he just doesn't understand kids. You don't believe a word of it; it is obvious he just doesn't like you. He didn't even bother to stay in the city, if that airplane ticket was for today.

As for their "research", your parents are not famous scientists nor have they ever appeared in a magazine. They claim to be investigating some underground caverns that were discovered when the Hakone Impact-Proof Geofront was constructed, but you don't see what could be so time-consuming about natural formations, or what is so interesting about them.

But this blue-haired girl that you are now knows quite a bit. Perhaps we should give her a name?
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Rei Ayanami. :rei_meh:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Bulma Briefs, of course!

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2767
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Canberra
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Stocking.
Voluntary Illusion.
Avatar: Wakaba Shinohara

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

>HorseStench mcPsychopants
>Bulma Briefs
>Stocking!
We're a little clothing-obsessed today, aren't we? But all those names are either insulting or rather odd.

>Rei Ayanami
Yes, this is your name.

You are standing in a place that's... sort of like your room, you guess. When you fall asleep in the Geofront (where you spend all of your time), you wake up here. When you sleep here, you wake up there. As this golden room (more accurately, golden WORLD) does not have a physical relationship expressible in dimensional units with any store you know of, this room does not adequately represent your interests, but you found some chalk one day and drew them up on the wall anyway.

You love GENETICS; you understood Mendel by the time you were five and have been working your way through more difficult concepts ever since. Part of this is because you are a GENETIC MUTANT- you carry an unknown, unique gene that makes your hair NATURALLY BLUE. You love things about mutants, and you adore shades of blue that resemble your hair. These are the only things you really get EMOTIONAL about (except HORSES) because you just don't see the point otherwise.

There is nothing in this room besides a bed, a horse plushie, and a window. You are currently hovering above the ground because gravity means very little for your dreaming self.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2767
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Canberra
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 am

So... you're dreaming?
Snuggle your horse plushie and dream that you're wearing a horse head.
Voluntary Illusion.
Avatar: Wakaba Shinohara

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:58 pm

>Rei: Hug horse plushie.
He is not "Horse Plushie". His name is Commander Horse, for reasons you don't remember at this time. You hug him all the same, though.

>Rei: Dream that you're wearing a horse head.
You are afraid you can't do that. This isn't a lucid dream, it's something else entirely.

>Rei: Look out window.
You go to the window and stare out, still hovering and ignoring gravity. You are at the top of a tower capped by an orb. On either side of you are identical towers, each one holding your slumbering friends. They haven't woken up like you yet. Above you, a great blue planet shines. Clouds occasionally cross in front of your path. When you stare into them, you see things that have happened, or are going to happen.

In the one above you now, you can see Shinji! He is crying, but you can't see why.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 576
Joined: Jun 07, 2009
Location: Pleasure town, Japan

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Combs » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:His name is Commander Horse

This seems so oddly familiar... :chinscratch:

See if this is a dream, and take a little flight test.
AVATAR: If bones did Eva
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Posts: 186
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: deserting the sinking ship

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Doctor Memory » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 am

>FLY ME TO THE MOON
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.


Return to “Role-Playing Related”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests