Share your Dreams (Part 2)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Share your Dreams (Part 2)

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri May 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Last night i dreamed that i had a brand new yacht and that i was hanging out with voice actress Stephanie Sheh who somehow managed to be one of the many people invited to the voyage. Also, i found that the boat was loaded with money in hidden areas and i was trying to gather it all up but one of the kids that was invited kept interrupting me and possibly tried to take the money while i fell asleep trying to hide it.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu May 31, 2018 9:28 am

I keep dreaming about EPCOT Centre. It makes sense seeing as how that's my ultimate destination for my upcoming Daytona vacation, but my false nostalgia (see: obsessing over the retro EPCOT Centre I never knew and being legit upset over the remains of Future World being used as a mishmash of ideas that never really panned out and smashing previously established IPs over old attractions) causes me to keep dreaming of it as a shitty California Adventure-esque place. Of course, I'm ultra hyped to finally go there after decades of wanting to, but subconsciously, I'm very clearly afraid that it will just suck major assage.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:49 am

Dreamt about the final diner scene in Pulp Fiction where it more or less goes like it does in the movie where Jules confronts Pumpkin and Honey Bunny over the suitcase but then it cuts to a made up scene with Marsellus killing off a fellow gangster played by a blonde haired Pierce Brosnan.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 am

I made a dream where I was doing a wildlife documentary on Xenomorphs and Beast Mode Evas (this show doesn't even leave me alone when I sleep :bigeyes: ), then it cutted to a circus where the clown was Thanos from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and at the end it cutted to a rain of Revoltech Eva figures falling into water while I was incapable to move (which was painful), and then I awoke. I have absolutely no fucking idea of what that means, but apparently my recent Amazon shopping marked my brain durably.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:57 pm

I keep having this recurring dream where I am witnessing the clips of the documentary crew from a certain exploitation film called Cannibal Holocaust getting hunted down by the tribe they kept antagonizing and eventually eaten alive. From what I remember of behind the scenes, cast members have openly declared the director was difficult to work with and forced them to do things normal humans wouldn't do such as the infamous turtle scene which I won't go into details about. TBH, the film was so criticized for it's realistic looking violence and was even thought to be a snuff film until the four actors who signed contracts to keep out of sight for at least a year to feed the legend (think of it as the predecessor to the Blair Witch Project promotion method) had to show up in court to clear the director of the snuff charges. I don't really want to dream about such a vile film again but I don't want to give up my love for scary movies so I basically should cut the root of the problem which is my DVD copy of that particular nasty and throw it away.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Dreams are fucking weird. Just last night I had a sequel dream, of sorts, to one I had years ago; my second encounter with a made-up fellow by the name of Peter Žižek, recounting his obtuse and Odyssean story of an antique quilt, and all the proverbial shit and trouble that came with it, e.g. something about ties to the European criminal underworld. I remember thinking, in moments of self-awareness, just how weird it is seeing this guy again, some jerk-off from some minor past dream.

It was so vivid that when I awoke, I couldn't tell if the previous dream I remembered was real or if it had just been a creation of this one. Apparently, Žižek was joining my team at work, which was causing me all sorts of grief and anxiety, knowing he's a compulsive liar and needlessly, wildly erratic. This all took place in a fictive town called Merkoye, which looked like urban Japan, but with heaps of winding roads, lots of Western churches and cathedrals, all built around a deep river that ran into the sea.

Oh, there was also an interlude at a cocktail party: A woman dropped an earring, which I picked up, but was hesitant in following her to give it back.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Hello World
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hello World » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 am

Had a dream involving me walking around in a rural area and somehow stumbling across an African silkmoth (Pseudimbrasia sp.) on a mango tree, after that I caught it with a giant stick and then I went into some random dude's house. And then I started wandering around a city I've never seen before (likely an amalgamation of places I've been to or some other weird thing my brain conjured up).

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Dreamed that I was in a X Japan tribute band and my stage name was Takumi. I was playing to a packed crowd and eventually, Toshi and Yoshiki from the real X Japan band joined in when we all did the "We Are" shout to which the crowd replies "X". Weirdest thing about it is that I was in between having the dream during an interlocked nightmare about falling asleep during a math final and like always the female teacher at the time who was a bitch calling me out for it. :irked:

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 am

I have really surreal and odd dreams on a regular basis. I've had numerous recurring dreams of my old nursery, where there are spindly-legged versions of my old teachers trying to hide behind the tiny play equipment outside. It was freaky at first, but over time it became kinda funny. The idea of these weird mutated versions of my teachers thinking they've completely hidden themselves behind cover but their limbs being so long that they just stick out from the sides is actually a little bit dopey.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:19 am

Last night I was treated to a dream where I was watching a large number of cats (all silver/gray tiger pattern) in a zoo-like enclosure. While watching I noticed something was off about some of them, but couldn't put my finger on quite what. Then a mother and its kitten walked to the barrier separating the viewers and the cats. The kitten had some antics, and everyone focused on it.
Then it slowly dawned upon me: Instead of being kitten-like, its behaviour was more that of a baby ape or human, often walking around on its rear legs only (slightly hunched over tho...) and grabbing stuff with its front paws. Then I looked back at the whole enclosure and saw.
Cats. Walking upright.
Dozens of them.
And they communicated among each other in a strange, human-like fashion.
And so I said "They...they are walking upright.", and the other spectators were as shocked as I was. And I ominously thought "Soon, they will replace us as the dominant species...when humans disappear."
And then I woke up.

I think I just dreamed up the plot of a SF Horror B-movie that would leave viewers who are also cat owners worldwide eying their pets suspiciously and in absolute fear. :w00t:

...perhaps the dream was caused by an ethereal cat napping on my face while I slept? We haven't had cats since years...
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:04 am

Tonight I dreamed about finding an English translation of a shojo manga called "Spree Squee" (or "Squee Spree", the editor had been a bit inconsistent) in a shop, featuring a girl heckling (read: outright stalking) potential love interests and coming up with zany schemes to get them into her room and onto/into her bed, including getting multiple boys into her room at once to stack them up...literally. Basically behaving like the typical nosebleed-prone male harem protagonist, but gender-flipped. All drawn in a Natsuki Takaya-esque Fruits Basket-like style and despite having an outrageous plot with outrageous dialogue (the girl being innocently (very) explicit and the boys being shocked) all drawn with nothing naughty showing up...ever, yet advertised with "This girl does XXX on her bed".

Somehow I feel disappointed it likely doesn't exist. ^_^

BTW, for those that don't know "Squee": https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Squee
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 pm

I had a nightmare last night in which a terrorist group whose followers were dressed like zombies, the leader was a Joseph Kony type figure who shot me after scaring the living essence out of me.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon May 27, 2019 11:53 am

Signs you've been spending too much time on anime image boards looking at Touhou pictures: Characters invite themselves into your dreams while citing their sexiness. :facepalm:

Signs you've been spending too much time with computers: Awesome vintage computers that don't exist invite themselves into your dreams. :w00t:

Somehow both occurred at once last night. :freud:

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Here's a bit of an unrelated Eva dream, but a strange dream nonetheless. This happened last night as of writing this. I'm honestly afraid of my mental condition for thinking of something like this (at least at the end.):

I started off walking out of some sort of school/college building I didn't recognize, I grabbed my coat off a chair and left and then I was walking down a sidewalk out front from the building. The next thing I remember is while I was walking, I got done checking my phone, 5:12 P.M., don't remember the date exactly. Anyways, I looked up from my phone to see some girls (who sounded very normal where I'm from talking in slang and all) dressed in Halloween cat costumes (I'm assuming this was sometime in October) talking to some dude parked on the side of the road as I'm walking past them. I don't remember what happened in between but then I was in the back seat of my Dad's car, 6:12 p.m. was on his clock. I talked to him, asking him what happened and why I was feeling so tired, he told me that I tried to get into someone's random car and I was making weird "fortnite jokes" (something I legitimately NEVER DO IN MY LIFE) and acting weird. I talked to him for a bit and suddenly everything went black again, I guess I fell asleep or something.

This is what I've been kinda nervous about for the whole day:

The next time I woke up (in the dream) in a stranger's car, it was in the middle of gas station parking lot, I don't know exactly what gas station it was at some point, but I'm just assuming a 7-Eleven or Bucky's (a gas station not far at all from my house, I could literally walk to it.) Some anime dude was dressed in a white shirt and dark pants, had brightish brown hair and bright yellow eyes was smoking a cigarette was standing outside the car looking out towards the pumps (the car I was in was parked facing towards the place.) I feel just as exhausted as I did when I was in my dad's car. I didn't have my phone and the car I was in didn't appear to have a timer. I remember opening the unlocked car door and trying to ask the guy where I was, it all went by fast and I don't remember his response. I noticed there were...prickly things in man's mouth, no clue what they were. Finally, this guy grins at me and starts walking towards the open car door, I try to kick him away from the door and me but he holds me down and I feel something sharp (a needle) entering my leg and my body goes completely tingly and I'm for some reasons making weird groans and moans I've never heard myself make before, and I blacked out.

That's when I woke up at 3:36 A.M. last night, completely confused out of my mind and scared. Nothing was wrong of course. I looked over the left and right sides of my bed for anything and there was still nothing. I keep my Eva plushies on a pillow to the left of my head on the bed. I think I was so spooked that I touched held my Rei to make sure I could still feel and everything. My leg was fine too, honestly not sure what the needle stuff was about. I woke up again at 4:40 A.M. (roughly 40 minutes before my alarm at 5:20 is supposed to go off so I can get ready for school) for a different unknown reason, I guess I heard something, but my sister also said she woke up at the exact same time.

I'm gonna sleep tonight, same time probably and all and see if that dream happens again, I hope I don't find something even worse, maybe I'll just get some good shut-eye instead. Freaky stuff though... :bigeyes:
Yeah, I change the things I'm interested in on a dime. Seriously, one day I'll be playing SMT, the next day it's VRChat, then it's just whatever I'm feeling like playing at that point. "Oh wow, you're uhhh...something that's for sure." -Anyone who meets me for the first time basically.

Youtube: Nyo, the one with the Tatsuya Suou (main character from Persona 2: Innocent Sin) Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: Nyo-kun#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using it for anyone who wants to contact me outside of the forums, don't harass me either.)

~Nyo :3

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Since the title of the topic was really catching my eye, by reading some of you'r dreams (from like 2007, wow how old! I was a still a children...) I decided to bring mine on the table, because I already wanted to share it here for you all to freudian/psycho-analysis it, and how TO ME AT LEAST, it had some interesting parallels with Eva (Even though I only knew it since two months ago, in september 2020, and I was like 6 when I did this dream.)

BUT!
First off, I must preface that's for a long time until 2019, thank to a psychologue -by whom I had tackled the subject with her over the phone,- I did have a awful and irrational phobia of dust, called amatophobia, (not to be confused with EMEtophobia) according to most of google results when searching about it. The dust I am talking about is actually the one you found under the bed, or by sweeping the floor. For those who don't see what kind of dust I'm talking about, go search "dust" in google image and click the pic with the caption under it "what is dust made of?" or the "dust bunny" (lol) page on wikipedia.

And please don't mock me, because for a long time it's a phobia that's got me some little but intense panic attack where I screamed and litteraly runed away of the room.

So now the dream. I was all alone sitting on a seat in the train, the one near the window. The train did not start yet, it was still at the underground railway platform waiting for whatever weird reason?..
I think it's also important to note that's the setting -the train, the underground railway platform and the people standing on it, minding their own business- everything was clouded in a really dark gray-ish light (not litteraly like old movies but you get me.) So, it really got this oppressing, and depressing vibe to it hanging in the air all around the place.

As for myself, I was freaked out to my mind that's my mom and dad seemed to want to get rid of me to the point of letting me travel alone on a train, as much as I was a awful and terrible child with a lot of issues... I was really a awful personne as a kid, believe me.

So at the though of them not supporting my shit anymore and getting ride of me, I was tetanised in intense fear and sadness, not believing that's it did happen, but I could'nt do nothing, my ass to my seat.

Then, very so slowly, the train started to advance. And I still could'nt do nohing, but just to look at the window, still in a state of sideration, and sadness. Soon, at some point, and here where it go interesting, a huge being entirely made of the dust I was talking about early, was there, looking down at me, in what I interpreted of anger.

The appearance of this monster whom to me must be a female, it was gigantic. The upper body (chest, torso, abdomen, belly.) was thick, kinda just like Lilth of Evangelion, but at least, it didn't look like pregnant :D . Her head was large but thick, and oh my eva, the eyes!! :facepalm: :cringe: it did have eyes bones, but without eyeballs ! Just imagine the horror :hide: the hair was on the top of the head, composed of three alignated hair buns , near the forehead.

It was looking down AT ME, in a mix of sadness and intense anger :chair: I'm not sure if it said something to me, but if it did, it was totally inaudible, and more like of some grumbling monster cliche you can ear in horror movies :irked: .

So, what d'ya think? At the age of six, or four, damnit :shakehead:
Ban me forever.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:29 pm

When we are young, often is the case our parents are our whole world, so it could be the case you imagined a perceived threat such as the giant embodiment of your phobia as a way of drawing the attention of your absent parents. Often is the case our deepest fears are the abandonment of our loved ones at our most precarious and vulnerable of moments and if you have ever had that in waking life then it would be reimagined in the context of a surreal dream. Anyway, wouldn't take this too seriously as I believe dreams to be mostly random memories or a method of wish fulfilment.

I would like to bring up a personal experience of mine that happened a few days ago that isn't about dreaming but more of an ethereal sleep condition. Sleep paralysis is often associated with people who enter a state where the brain becomes awake but the body is paralyzed. The dreamer is not quite sleeping and is fully aware of his surroundings but cannot open their eyes or call for help, which can be quite distressing. I have experienced this every now and then since I was a teenager and it usually lasts a minute before I force my brain to 'wake up'. Recently, I experienced another sleep phenomenon that is quite similar called exploding head syndrome. It happened when I was about to fall asleep but I was not quite sleeping at that point. I dreamt I was at a party but everyone was discoloured blobs of purple sitting in chairs. I was thinking to myself how I felt rather confident and I was starting to enjoy the company of these blobs when suddenly I heard an intense ringing in my ears and a bright flash of light blinded my vision. I felt panicked and tried to wake up but, like sleep paralysis, my body couldn't move. I started feeling strange sensations all over my body as my right arm became numb and I felt a strange sensation at my left temple. It was not like Asuka's psychological mind violation but with all the ringing in my ears and throbbing head feeling I thought I was having a seizure. I forced my self to open, and after a couple of tries I managed to wake up.
Last edited by dzzthink on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Thank for you'r insight! Oh, I see what you'r talking about, like the sensation of failling when you'r about to fall asleep, and so you wake up? This one? I regulary did have them as a child and as a pre-teenager but not anymore in last years :shrug: If I do remember well, of course.
Ban me forever.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:32 pm

No but I've had those before as well. It only happened once and its not serious
Last edited by dzzthink on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm

I know it's not serious, but it's really scary :shrug:
Ban me forever.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:13 pm

Not going to try to enumerate specifics, but I would like the "at work, with some unspecified task to get done, and things conspiring to frustrate me" dreams to go away. It's coming up three years since I retired, and I don't remember similar exam dreams happening so long after the last one of those I did.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”