From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:30 pm

You haven't been looking at my notes, have you? Because I'm going to (eventually) do something similar to that in SCE, just with the Eva-requisite shit-hits-the-fan.

SPOILER: Show
The Geofront is part of an even bigger spacecraft not just older than humanity, but older than the dinosaurs. When it takes off, it demolishes not just the city, but everything in a hundred kilometer radius and due to the depth its bottom had to be in in order to completely fit underground, suddenly removing it from the Earth's crust triggers a supervolcanic eruption that renders Japan uninhabitable, floods China with refugees and triggers a full ice age.

All because NERV got a hold of SEELE's full laundry list of misdeeds and the radical faction within SEELE went nuke-happy behind Keel's back to cover it up, kickstarting a chain of events that ultimately ends in 99% of humanity being perma-killed beyond resurrection via Instrumentality. On the other hand, when the reformist Angels try exploiting the situation to offer NERV a deal to team up against the loyalist Angels, Kaworu, friendly and benevolent Kaworu... loses it a tiny bit. Not much, just enough to smack the the Archangel who came to deliver the deal in the face.

With the Moon.

But hey, NERV now has a spiffy, although slightly decayed, space fortress that can house over a million people, craps out multiple Wunders and Evas per year and has enough dakka to potentially take on the entire rest of humanity's collective military power and stand a fair chance at winning. Mind you, they don't actually try that last part because they understandably don't have the manpower to fight a full-scale war even with exclusive access to Evas. Especially since despite being nigh-unstoppable engines of destruction on the ground, Evas are flying bricks in zero-g against anything smaller than an Angel due to their mass and bulk.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm

how about an AU where Shinji was raised by his SEELE-aligned maternal grandparents, and indoctrinated into the conspiracy? Perhaps they’d influence him to be more sciency and strategic like his parents (while ironically turning him against them), he tends to want to please people who are nice to him even if he were to suspect their ulterior motives/ that he's just impact button #2. Maybe he'd have been childhood friends with Kaworu.
Maybe in this world Rei would be the one to inspire Shinji to go against the conspiracy instead of the other way around, not necessarily intentionally.
For further shits and giggles, make either Mari or Asuka the new draftee who had a fairly ordinary life thus far. Or swap them (ie. Mari trained all her life but knows little, Asuka is fairly new at the start but knows about the conspiracy and is out to save the world... this wouldn't necessarily make her more mature or well-adjusted but it would surely change how she acts. Then again a version of either of the 3 girl pilots who had an ordinary, no-clues-of-any-EVA-stuff life would also be intriguing simply because all three seem to have been so entangled in it. Then again I'm not sure how different recruited-as-a-teen Asuka would really be. )

I’d write it if I didn’t already have way too much unfinished or yet-to-be-posted stuff going on...
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:50 pm

...okay, I had a weird-ass mental image today that's so obvious in hindsight that I'm astonished nobody ever wrote it (to my knowledge).

Kaworu as Superman.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Kaworu as Superman.

Oh my god, I love it! It's so simple, yet brilliant and it fits well too since he's already space Jesus ha ha ha
Last edited by SawItAtAge10 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:52 pm

It just makes some twisted sense, you know? Instead of trying to half-ass an explanation about why Shinji isn't his parents' children, why not give that to Kaworu who has no family to begin with, has an outworldly atmosphere around him and is seemingly incapable of feeling malice towards anyone?

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:34 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:It just makes some twisted sense, you know? Instead of trying to half-ass an explanation about why Shinji isn't his parents' children, why not give that to Kaworu who has no family to begin with, has an outworldly atmosphere around him and is seemingly incapable of feeling malice towards anyone?

But also imagine the sexy cuteness of him dressed like superman...We'll call him The Masked Angel and him swooping in to fight crime around Tokyo 3 including catching a vulnerable Shinji and flying off with him in his arms ha ha ha ha ha

Naturally, his arch nemesis is the mysterious Blue Demon (Rei) lol
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:51 pm

>Masked Angel
>catching a vulnerable Shinji

Would Shinji be wearing a sailor suit?

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm

If it's femShinji, I don't mind.

I already had a "magical girl Eva" concept for several years now, it just wouldn't be Kawoshin (or any pairing, really, as not many love interests tend to survive a civilization-destroying and literally planet-cracking temper tantrum by a teenage goddess who got pushed to her breaking point; you know, the usual Evangelion ending).

Return to “Fanfiction”