From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Ask any random fan; they'd go "nope, Evas are organic so EMP wouldn't affect them" because they don't know how EMP actually works.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Well the Evas do have to have some sort of cybernetic enhancements in it, they have a hole going from their neck down into their womb so there has to be something keeping the hole open.

and the pilots do have a targeting system in it, as well as the dummy plug. Plus the self-destruct button.

Like what would happen if somebody were to hack into the Eva's computers or the thing that controls self-destruct button and kill the pilots like that?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

silvermoonlight
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Ask any random fan; they'd go "nope, Evas are organic so EMP wouldn't affect them" because they don't know how EMP actually works.

I agree with and it wager that they have internal guts as well as 01 is shown eating angels, hence I see biological weapons being an issue for them as well as old fashioned nuclear if it hits the skin under the armour. EMP's don't hurt them as they have the power of nuclear from what I've heard but none of the radiation effects. Though if your writing an AU story you could get around this by saying that your Eva's are weaker or not as well built at the start of the story hence EMP's can toss them around harder until they get fitted with upgraded and better armour.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm

They are weaker, actually. I explicitly stated on the story's thread over at SV that these Evas are just cheap knockoffs compared to the canon ones due to humanity's complete and utter lack of knowledge involving metaphysical biology (as in this AU, Angels spontaneously dissolve into carbon dust a few hours after death, keeping NERV from learning anything about them they can't learn via camera footage). When the Unit-01-gets-an-S2-engine subplot occurs, they're going to be at a complete loss at what that extra organ is, what's it doing and how did it get there.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Return to “Fanfiction”