Who's your favorite angel?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

M0arDakka
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby M0arDakka » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:25 pm

My favorite is probably Arael, due to the manner in which it engages the EVA's (read: MIND ATTACK!). I have a soft spot for Shamshel, since me and my sister were greatly entertained by making swipes at its suspiciously phallic resemblance.
Radical Neo-Facist Pro-Bioengineering Existentialist Liberal Realist... sort of.

" We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."

"...the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts..."

- both George Orwell

Gus Hanson
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am

I would say Arael as well, not for the mindrape but for the overall distance it maintained making space combat almost impossible. The design was good also.

MassiveInvader
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MassiveInvader » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm

My favorite is Sandalphon, because of what happened in the episode, and his appearance.
I will respect your opinion if you respect mine.

TheFlyingBeagle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheFlyingBeagle » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Considering both the series and Rebuild (up to 2.0), my personal favorites are -

1) Arael ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Arael[/url]) - its mind-reading abilities lead to one of my favorite episodes, when Asuka was revealed.

2) Sahaquiel ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Sahaquiel[/url]) - THE Mother of MOAB, if we could say so! The "plan" Misato has put together to defeat it was a miracle, in fact.

3) Ramiel ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Ramiel[/url]) - extremely powerful long-range attack, coupled to efficient medium-range defense. Unbeatable, if there wasn't the Positron Rifle.

4) Sachiel ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Sachiel[/url]) - this one catches me for it's almost naive wandering. He looks like he hadn't a clear purpose other than scouting and roaming... and yes, his eye-blink is funny! :sachi_blink:

5) Clockiel ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Seventh_Angel[/url]) - its shocking design and "clocklike" heads caught my attention.

Ah, and in the LAST position... (sorry!) - Tabris ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Kaworu_Nagisa[/url]). I just don't like him, no matter what powers or abilities he has (I am the 10%!).
Insert your spiffy signature here (when you make one!).

Vegeta 20XX
XX0ᄅ ɐʇǝƃǝΛ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Everyone and their dog loves fucking Sachiel, but you can't really BLAME them - the guy is surprisingly adorable for a skyscraper-sized monster hellbent on exterminating the human race. Ramiel is extremely powerful, having a fuck-all beam and a earth-shattering drill, which is presumed to be capable of clearing a space large enough for the Angel itself to just float on down there, and had to be killed using an experimental, untested weapon that required the entirety of the area's power grid to fire, at great risk to both of the pilots fighting it.

Israfel was pretty damn cool, I can't imagine why Rebuild replaced him with a creature universally referred to as "Clockiel".

I can't remember if I posted in this topic before...
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
The Legion is silent, dormant until December comes again.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
"Try kicking me." "I'm wearing fucking Crocs, why the fuck would I kick you?!?" - John Clayton Wilson-Freeman, the Debugman
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:04 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:...that required the entirety of the area's power grid to fire, at great risk to both of the pilots fighting it.

It required the entirety of Japan's power grid to fire. Which makes it even more impressive. There was actually a small discussion about this going on here, if you're interested.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Hyper Shinchan
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 am

View Original PostTheFlyingBeagle wrote:3) Ramiel ([url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Ramiel[/url]) - extremely powerful long-range attack, coupled to efficient medium-range defense. Unbeatable, if there wasn't the Positron Rifle

Well, there's also another option, you know.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Well, there's also another option, you know.

Do Kaworu hax really count? XD Either way, that video is pretty badass. It's from the Eva Pachinko game, right?
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Hyper Shinchan
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Do Kaworu hax really count? XD Either way, that video is pretty badass. It's from the Eva Pachinko game, right?

Right, it comes from one of the pachinko games. I wasn't referring to Kaworu 's hax though, I wanted to say that they could have used the Spear in place of the positron rifle if the latter wouldn't have been available.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I wanted to say that they could have used the Spear in place of the positron rifle if the latter wouldn't have been available.

I don't think Nerv actually had the Spear in Japan during episodes 5-6. Gendou and Fuyutsuki picked it up from Antarctica during episode 12, while Nerv HQ was getting attack-hugged by Sahaquiel.
:glomp:
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Hyper Shinchan
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:41 am

They already had it in NME, that video effectively uses NME's version of Ramiel.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:They already had it in NME, that video effectively uses NME's version of Ramiel.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And this, folks, is how you can tell that I've been up way past my bed time.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

TheFlyingBeagle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheFlyingBeagle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:52 am

Well, there's also another option, you know.

In one word - BADASS! :shoot1:
Never have seen that footage, amazing!!
Insert your spiffy signature here (when you make one!).

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Ramiel, because he asspulled an Arc-en-Ciel and Eva 01 survived it, proving Evas are badass.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

milpa84
Embryo

Re: Who's your favorite angel?

•      
  •      

Postby milpa84 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:42 am

I cannot stop watching Rebuild Ramiel.

But: Zeruel
I need a friend that watches Evangelion.

Retro Chocolate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Retro Chocolate » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Zeruel is my pick. Not only is he extremely powerful, the battle between Unit 01 and Zeruel (in NGE, not the one in NTE) is probably my favorite in the series.
"That's not it at all. Trying to go on living is different than trying to escape fear. Those who acted in order to live until the end, without losing themselves to fear and what was happening around them, are the ones who survived properly. We don't know what "God" is thinking, but both fortune and misfortune are thrust upon people. Even so, people exist within a domain that is theirs in which to act."
-Luca, Berserk

"Surely, a true Buster Machine pilot, the real Nono-Riri, would have a Buster Machine in the heart!!" BUSTER BEAM SLASH!!!
-Nono, Diebuster

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:14 pm

While Ramiel is best girl, I have to give it to Zeruel. My reasoning for this is simply because that was the first Angel battle watched, which was before I was even aware of anything else in the show. The terrifying, raw, animalistic form of Unit 01 going berserk is imprinted on my mind. I didn't understand anything about the series, but that made its mark well enough.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Matarael should get a mulligan, poor guy.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Fyrstorm
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:24 am

While Zeruel is amazing, and Sachiel is adorable, I also have a bit of a soft spot for Tunniel. It just has a really cool design, and the ability to slice things with its halo is pretty neat as well.
Mari cannot die. Mari is the secret engine that drives the universe. All praises be to chaos, the loins of creation.

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki

My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Edgar Allen Poe wrote:
And they say (the starry choir
And the other listening things)
That Israfeli's fire
Is owing to that lyre
By which he sits and sings—
The trembling living wire
Of those unusual strings.

But the skies that angel trod,
Where deep thoughts are a duty—
Where Love's a grown up God—
Where the Houri glances are
Imbued with all the beauty
Which we worship in a star.

Israfel - Because he danced like he wanted to win.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”