(for those wondering WTF is going on Nadia's taking a dump but due to her vegetarianism it's not the most pleasant task in the world)
This has been mentioned & posted before on this forum too (though I can't remember where) so this isn't exactly new find. But I don't remember people wondering where did this one shot come from. Neither did I untill I accidentally happened to stumble upon this piece of information some days ago:
It was published in Doujin magazine Chosen Ame, run by Anno's long time friend and famous mangaka on his own right, Kenichi Sonoda (Gunsmith Cats)
So I did a little googling for the magazine:
Chosen Ame is an H dōjinshi series published by famed mangaka Kenichi Sonoda and his dōjinshi circle Ganso Sonoda Ya. Chosen Ame takes its name from the family business in Kumamoto prefecture, making "Korean candy". The series has recently been renamed Megaton Punch. The Chosen Ame series typically follows a theme for each anthology, such as sports, kid shows, fairy tales, uniforms, '60s Gerry Anderson sci-fi shows, etc. What sets Chosen Ame apart from many dōjinshi titles is the level of talent it attracts to each dōjinshi, both in Japan and in the United States. Contributors to Chosen Ame have been Hideaki Anno, Adam Warren, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Tony Takezaki, Rick Mays, Robert DeJesus, Kenji Tsuruta and Fumio Iida, to name just a few.
This same info comes up in many places:
Carl Horn has mentioned the same fact on this forum
Further information on Chosen Ame:
The following is the themes for each book in the Chosen Ame/Megaton Punch series.
* Chosen Ame: Robots and mecha girls
* Chosen Ame version 2.0: Magical girls
* Chosen Ame version 4.0: Japanese housewives
* Chosen Ame version 5.0: Uniforms
* Chosen Ame version 6.0: Fairy tales
* Chosen Ame version 7.0: High school
* Chosen Ame version 8.0: Sports manga
* Chosen Ame version 9.0: Japanese TV Commercials
* Chosen Ame version 10.0: Drinking and partying
* Chosen Ame version 11.0: Transformation
* Chosen Ame version 12.0: Villains
* Chosen Ame version 13.0: Go Nagai
* Chosen Ame version 14: Japanese kid shows
* Chosen Ame version 15: Creamy Lemon and other hentai OAVs.
* Chosen Ame version 16: Sunrise shows
* Chosen Ame version 17: Female schoolteachers
* Chosen Ame version 18: Princesses from anime and computer games
* Chosen Ame version 19: Female soldiers
* Chosen Ame version 20: Sports
* Megaton Punch No. 1: Female crew of the Space Battleship Yamato
* Megaton Punch No. 2: Resident Evil
* Megaton Punch No. 3: Kenichi Sonoda's characters
* Megaton Punch No. 4: Maids
* Megaton Punch No. 5: Emma
* Sonoken Doujin: Works that Kenichi Sonoda was involved in
* Koutekishu Shoujoka Megaton Punch: Videogame consoles
* Megaton Punch No. 7: Yawaraka Tank
* Megaton Punch No. 8: Shirley from the manga by Kaoru Mori
* Megaton Punch No. 9: Lucky Star
So, there you have it. Apparently Anno has been contributor to Hentai Dōjinshi back in the day.
So, thoughts? Feelings? Ideas?
Personally speaking I'd be VERY interested in getting my hands on whatever he has done, whether it is pure porn or some humorous troll like above contribution by Sadamoto. (I also doubt that's the only contribution by him). Carl might know more...?
Knowing Anno I'd put my money on him contributing to Vol. 1 about robots and mecha girls and vol. 13 about Go Nagai (for obvious reasons)
I think this is very telling (and perhaps shocking) example of how close the ties between "mainstream industry" and the Doujin scene are in Japan. It isn't that much of a taboo over there.
Erm, let the feast commence! ;)