Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:25 am

Ore no Imouto ep 12: My GOOD END Can't Be This Much A Bait

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 am

Ore no Imouto - I didn't expect them to have the balls to do something really memorable, but it was a good ending to a good series. I'll give it 8 imoutos out of 10.

Also this series doesn't have many opportunities to show it, but it has some damn good animation imo(uto). Like, when there's a close up of a character and their whole face moves in a very expressive (and fluid) way. For example, at the beginning of the Meruru song or a few instances in episode 12.

I'm eagerly awaiting the new 4 episodes.

Also I refuse to believe we're watching the same Star Driver. Anyway, the version I'm watching is reminding me of Occult Academy (just not as boring), with the addition of cheesy fightan shounen style battles lol he dident now wat too do and she was PWNing him so he sed PILE DRIVER and then fkin ownd her OMGHLOLOLO awesome!!1!11! XDDDDD.

Bah, I'm not sure if to watch Shoushitsu on my computer screen or wait till I get the Xtreamer I want and watch it on the new TV. The visuals are amazing and probably deserve the best.. Could always just watch it again I suppose, heh. I've barely touched /a/ for the past month or so, and will avoid it like the plague until seeing the movie.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:22 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:
Also I refuse to believe we're watching the same Star Driver. Anyway, the version I'm watching is reminding me of Occult Academy (just not as boring), with the addition of cheesy fightan shounen style battles lol he dident now wat too do and she was PWNing him so he sed PILE DRIVER and then fkin ownd her OMGHLOLOLO awesome!!1!11! XDDDDD.

toe-tan didn't like Paranoia Agent either so it's not like I have any expectations or hopes for you or something. :D

After all there are two members on this forum whose opinions I actually care about and you're not one of them :P

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 am

View Original PostXard wrote: After all there are two members on this forum whose opinions I actually care about and you're not one of them :P
I'm sure you could have worded that rather more emolliently.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Delicious Tsundad.
Best dad this season, Fukoudad is second.

Nyoro~n

I was kind of scpetic towards Ore no Imouto at the beginning, but it kind of grew on me.
8.5/10

SPOILER: Show

The america drama bomb was kind of unexpected and the resolve was pretty weak, IMHO
Kyou looked stupid in the last few seconds, too.

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:

I can't comment on Star Driver, I dropped it after three episodes.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 am

View Original PostXard wrote: You know, "LiLi's imouto" would be pretty good custom title, wouldn't it? :smirk:

Call me Oniichan. :emogendo:

BTW, finally managed to watch Oreimo 12.

SPOILER: Show

I guess now I will be waiting with some trepidation for the "True Ending"... I can kinda imagine where the storylines might diverge...

Overall, I'm thinking of buying this series on DVD...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am

heeeeeeeeeeey a Star Driver fight scene that was actually well done. Rapidly developing a huge crush on Kanako while I'm at it...although I can't help but feel that she's heading for bad end in a big way. I'm actually interested to see this beginning of differentiation between Takuto and Utena: Takuto is rapidly becoming a megaslut whereas it took the goddamn devil to distract Utena from her husbando.

just wait until episode 16 and we find out that Takuto's mark comes from 1000 swords of hate
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:59 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:it took the goddamn devil to distract Utena from her husbando.
But Princes don't have husbands!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:45 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:But Princes don't have husbands!

how about GINGABISHOUNEN?
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 am

With Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, I feel that Kyoto Animation has more than redeemed themselves. Without revealing anything, I feel that I understand why they did Endless Eight, and why they chose the other episodes that made up the second series.

It felt like coming home, and reminded me why I watch this stuff in the first place. I have quibbles with a few things, but they're unimportant.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 am

Oh no you just din´t.

I didn´t even liked AB! that much, but why am I feeling almost a little nostalgic watching this episode?

Fucking KEY.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Oz wrote: @Merri: No love for Kanbaru ;_;
No. She was dumb.

Senjougahara’s ‘silliness’ involved psychotic binges of threats and sadism. She was crazy. Kanbaru was just some jealous bi-curious girl. They were both dumb, but when there's a choice between crazy and jealous, I'm always gonna find the crazy one more interesting. :lol:

child of Lilith wrote: Heck, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll go so far as to have him finally choose a girl.
the LNs haven’t completed yet, so I don’t think that will happen. I thought the four OVA eps were “true end” in that it further adapts what’s already been published, so it’s more like S2 bait than an End. not that the ending we just got wasn’t bait anyway

drinian wrote: It felt like coming home, and reminded me why I watch this stuff in the first place. I have quibbles with a few things, but they're unimportant.
:w00t: man Disappearance was awesome, and this here is a good way of phrasing exactly how I felt when I watched it. What were your quibbles, btw?

----------
Finished three of the airing shows I followed this season, and I've tried to collect my thoughts on them. My favorite picks from the last few months haven't finished yet, but these weren't bad (well, one was).

Ore Imo – what started as a great surprise ended on a somewhat lackluster note. I really liked the first six episodes as it introduced the world & characters, but once it tried to actually use these characters it relapsed into typical mundane comedy with a meta slant. The only ep from the second half that I really liked was the ninth episode, in which nothing actually happens—it’s probably the most ‘slice of life’ episode in the whole show, but despite this it was also one of the best paced in the last batch of 6.

For making me care about a character I initially found annoying (Kuroneko), I figured that was worth the bump up from a 6. Overall 7/10. Started promising, but after awhile it got fairly predictable.

I have hopes for the continuation OVAs, and I know I’ll watch any subsequent seasons if they decide to continue adapting the LNs.

Yosuga no Sora - this show sucked. It was nothing but predictable overdramatic poorly paced garbage that couldn’t even redeem itself with bare breasts and a few minutes of moans. Watched it for the wincest and was still disappointed. 4/10

Ika Musume – enjoyable nonsense with a heart of gold, as expected. geso/10

Overall: This was a good Fall run.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Ore Imo

Yeah, after the painfully stupid episode 8 the show lost some of its poignancy. I still think it was good (8/10), but it felt like it was trying to say something (regarding the anime otaku culture) or go somewhere with its plot (relationship between Kyousuke/Kirino), but most episodes after that were just typical (albeit funny) otaku style comedy.

Yosuga no Sora

Hmm... I'm not really sure what to think of this show, because it could be thrown aside as complete trash or thought about as an average drama/romance, just with sex scenes (although that is the natural ending for an eroge adaptation, isn't it?). Some/most of YNS was shit, but to be honest I thought that the Sora arc wasn't bad, and I think it was a good idea to have the class rep suddenly butt in just to represent the voice of the general public regarding their taboo relationship.
Also YNS should get an honorable mention for having the most embarrassing moment for a character ever having your girlfriend (they didn't break up yet by that point!) and a classmate walk in someone doggy'ing their own sister, ouch

Ika Musume – enjoyable nonsense with a heart of gold, as expected. geso/10

Is it me or was the last episode noticeably better than the rest of the series? Anyway, at least it left a good taste in my mouth, but even though Ika is adorable and all I didn't find it that funny or entertaining if I were to ignore Ika's moe-ness. If she doesn't obliterate the competition in the next saimoe, there truly is no justice. I'll give it a 6/10

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:08 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote: :w00t: man Disappearance was awesome, and this here is a good way of phrasing exactly how I felt when I watched it. What were your quibbles, btw?

Disappearance is totally best anime of 2010 and one of the best animus in last few years period. I rewatched it couple of days ago like I said I would and since then I've rewatched bits of it at least once per day. Awesome, borderline perfect, really.

I just ordered the book too, lol.

SEASON THREE FUCKING WHERE

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Ore Imo – what started as a great surprise ended on a somewhat lackluster note. I really liked the first six episodes as it introduced the world & characters, but once it tried to actually use these characters it relapsed into typical mundane comedy with a meta slant. The only ep from the second half that I really liked was the ninth episode, in which nothing actually happens—it’s probably the most ‘slice of life’ episode in the whole show, but despite this it was also one of the best paced in the last batch of 6.

For making me care about a character I initially found annoying (Kuroneko), I figured that was worth the bump up from a 6. Overall 7/10. Started promising, but after awhile it got fairly predictable.

I read they started to deviate more from VNs after the halfway point (not that I noticed anything but there were some angsty novelfags. I didn't really notice any big change in style in any case). I think the latter half had some real gem episodes, like all of ep 10. I think it was the best ep since the first four, really. Though I share your love with ep 9 too. Kuroneko HHHHNNNNGGGG

Ep 11 was laugh riot & Kirino dere so I really digged it one too. Actually I'm sure I'd enjoy this show as long as it features Kuroneko trolling somebody. And ep 11 delivered first loads of Kuroneko moe and then loads of Kuroneko trolling the shit out of everyone, especially Kirino. How can you say no to ep like that? :hahaha:

Finale ep was ok but a bit, uhh, "mild" and non-assertive ending to series with such a bang opening. But given the BD/DVD continuation this was to be expected. Their tactic smells of padding for S2 too. What other reason there would be to deviating from source material so much if not giving chance to novels develop further and thus have more shit to adapt later?

Oh well. I want my Kuroneko ending and I don't care if I get it via novel followan' or BD original endan'. :P

Come to think of it, only ep in the whole show I didn't really care for was the "Let's make animu about Kirino's shitty Light Novels" episode. That was weaksauce IMO. And I don't even remember what happened in ep 7.

I was and still struggle between 8 and 9 in my rating. For now I gave it 9/10 due to how much I enjoyed the whole thing as a whole despite it flaws but it really is the BD continuation that decides the final score.

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Yosuga no Sora - this show sucked. It was nothing but predictable overdramatic poorly paced garbage that couldn’t even redeem itself with bare breasts and a few minutes of moans. Watched it for the wincest and was still disappointed. 4/10

I don't know if it's because I spend less time on /a/ or because I have such a good taste but I ended up absolutely hating the final Sora arc. Like, I hated it even more than the other shitty arcs in this shitty show. I had something of a RAEG breakdown on MAL after I finished it and saw people going all omg so touching baww best anime ever ;___; over it:
And in the end only decent human being in the whole show who didn't succumb into LOLHENTAI WRITING was the Class Rep

Shit on a stick this show was

4/10

By the way, why oh why they didn't have balls to deliver BAD END?

This would've been better if that had happened.

And how the fuck were they saved from drowning as neither of them could swim? I was expecting Nao or someone saved them but it was never explained, LOL

Miracles miracles everywhere for sake of twincest happy end.

Terrible writing, horrible pacing, shitty characters and in the end not even twincest could save this crap. Even Sora sexorz came off as offputting and terrible instead of harmless fetish fuel.

Mainly because Sora is very, VERY broken individual and the ending was pretty much WORST POSSIBLE RESOLUTION for her development. Enjoy your emotionally shattered sexdoll imouto, folks

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Ika Musume – enjoyable nonsense with a heart of gold, as expected. geso/10

Yes. As much as Squid Girl's more wacky and crazy hijinks amused me (I LOVE the "american" accents of those crazy MIT guys :hahaha: ) it was really the ability to draw emotions and great humour from such mundane things like umbrellas that really made me love Squid Girl. That's when it's Yotsubaesque qualities were at their strongest. Heartwarming and funny.

Like with OreImo it's struggle between 8 and 9 but for now I gave it 9/10 - if I get angsty and attack my ratings later on for being too high it'll propably be one of the first victims. :P

View Original PostMerridian wrote:Overall: This was a good Fall run.

There's one show you and pretty much everyone else have missed: Otome Youkai Zakuro which ends next week. Seriously, I recommend everyone checks this out. It has best visuals and production out of all J.C Staff shows this season (oddly enough better and more consistent than in their flagship Index II), not terribly original but very good and consistent writing, fantastic characters and seyuus and excellent directing.

And one of the best tsunderes ever, of course. If Kirino was tsundere of the worst kind for majority of show's run Zakuro has been downright perfect from the start and genuinely likeable. She's far from the immature runts that normally get the tsundere roles in anime.

Oh, and definetly best romance angle this season and the very opposite of shittyness that is Bakuman's writing whenever they abandon hotblooded manga making.

and the Twins?

Greatest Thing That Has Happened To Anime Since Disappearance Was Animated. Grrr why shotas are always so lucky

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Man, all the hate in this thread over Yosuga no Sora is really bring me down. :dejected: :raincloud:

I know the show wasn’t the best thing in the world but it was hardly a train wreak.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:43 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Man, all the hate in this thread over Yosuga no Sora is really bring me down. :dejected: :raincloud:

I know the show wasn’t the best thing in the world but it was hardly a train wreak.

Well, at least it wasn't boring to watch which can't be said for a lot of anime.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes indeed, toe mash. That's something we can certainly agree on.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:10 am

I don't really like how they ended season 1 of TWGOK.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:46 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:man Disappearance was awesome... What were your quibbles, btw?

Mainly Kyon's reactions, especially at the beginning, seemed out of character to me -- especially given all he'd been through up to that point. He usually seems to be less of an idiot. I feel like the acting style changed to match that of Japanese melodramas, since this was a little more serious than the usual Haruhi fare. Also, the dialogue in those The End of Haruhi introspective bits wasn't great, to say the least. Much more could've been made of it. Presumably this is a reflection of the source material.

On the other hand, the characters, especially Nagato (!) and adult Mikuru, really filled out for the first time. I suppose that might be true for Kyon as well. Combined with the heartbreakingly good animation, they seem much more human now.

Most importantly, though, why do we only get ponytail Haruhi in an alternate universe?

Return to “Old Stickies”