SSD's Visual Novels (Windows only, sorry!)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:48 pm

No sound? Weird. (You should hear Asuka screaming at you/Shinji if you select the "Put it in" option. :heehee: ) I know there was some compiling issues with the game, maybe that's the problem. (Hopefully the next Novelty update will fix that and I can in turn update my game accordingly.)

Is anybody else having sound issues or just Jimmy? (I can't recall if those extra files I mentioned helps you actually run the game or helps with sound...)

Oh, and hint: make sure to play past to the credits to get Q events. :3

And yeah, selecting different choices will give you slight or major (depending on the situation) different scenarios, so be sure to save often.

Happy to hear you guys like it so far! ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:42 pm

is there an entire dl instead of the fragmented files? im lazy, lol

Ramiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Yaay, the merging of the files worked!

I'm not getting any sound at all, unfortunately. Despite that, the game is awesomely enjoyable so far.
I frequently herp where I should derp. Also music.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:06 am

Still doesn't work for me... some sort of fmodex.dll procedure point problem. Yes, I've downloaded a new copy of the file and even installed the latest version directly from the fmod website, no luck.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Still doesn't work for me... some sort of fmodex.dll procedure point problem. Yes, I've downloaded a new copy of the file and even installed the latest version directly from the fmod website, no luck.

Same for me, even if downloading/merging the files worked. I'll ask my mom if I can try it on her (relatively new) PC.
Mine is broken, so I'm on the dinosaur-aged one in our living room...
It hasnt workd properly since one of my younger sisters threw it on the floor XD
I'm starting to get depressed, expecially with ppl describing the game like that... T~T Evidently you did a good job, tough I hope that I'll get to confirm it with my own eyes
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:17 pm

I downloaded the Novelty program, put the game in the same folder as the program and finally got it working. If anyone else has trouble, that's probably a catch-all fix.

The sound works perfectly well too, if that was a problem for anybody else... in fact, the sound blending in and out smoothly was really a highpoint.

Nice job, SSD!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:38 pm

AAAHH! My brother lent me his (tuned for gaming) PC! Now it works! Seems you need the novelty program for the sound, tough....

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

I have now played it through once and I'm impressed. I'll still have to play all options through, but I'm pleased.
The overall quality, the Details... It was awesome.
I have to really applaud the use of Music.
Of course, lots of your own theories/opinions influenced this (in one year or two, it's going to look like "Fun with Akatsuki" - Once a classic, now an arkward reminder of old theories...) but then again, I'd do the same thing if I was able to create something that complex.
I'd disagree, but I'm not critizising for writing your own fanfiction since I do the same XD
It sure does help to ease the pain of having to wait an eternity for Q XD

The "stick it in" bad end was hilarious as hellXD

My favourite part was the conversation about "keeping bonds" that you could get by chosing to "talk to Asuka some more".
It was so well done, the cuts and everything, it could be straight out of the series. ART.
You also gave Asuka a RealyDeadMontage XD
Usually this would be cheesy, but the way you combined it with the music was brilliant.
Shinji going all Ash Ketchum with his "Stop this fighthing!" was also awesome (and yet somehow surprisingly believable!)
That "I now have ppl that care about me" Montage was also art.
I'm going to try out what other works of Art I can find by trying the other option *my lovely little brother has thrown me out of his room since he wants to sleep, but he might be generous with his formidable PC tomorrow*

Oh, and just out of curiosity: Were all 'good' endings Shinji/Asuka or did I just press the wrong buttons?
I#m not complaining about there not being one,(It's YOUR work) but IF there is a Shinji/Rei ending, I simply wouldn't want to miss it.
Just tell me if there is one or not, don't spoil me how to get it. (If there is one, that is.)

Oh, and ending it with the "team picture" of the five children was simply a wonderful/heartwarming touch.

It worked just fine (as soon as I had the fmodex thing and the novelty program), with no bugs or crashes, but if I closed it/clicked on the 'x' ot god a bad ending, there would be a window telling me that the program crashed. (Just to clarify, it DIDNT crash, but that notice appeared anyway)

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:07 pm

And OF COURSE I hit put it in...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 am

Poka poka. -///- I'm VERY pleased to hear this lived up to everyone's standards!

Also, no spoilers on how to get them, but here are the possible endings. I hope I'm not forgetting any:

SPOILER: Show
Possible Endings wrote:~Asuka Gag Bad End
~Rei/Yui Bad End
~Kaworu Bad End
~Rei Good End
~Kaworu Good End (the "true" game ending)

I wanted to give "proper" endings for
Mari, Misato and Asuka
but felt they wouldn't fit the game's direction.

DoubleZeva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DoubleZeva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 am

Hey SSD, Have you heard of RenPy? It's an open source VN engine that works for all OSes and is based on Python.
Puru Puru Puru Puru

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 am

Yeah, but I don't know much programming nor currently have time to learn. I'm keeping it in mind for future reference though. :nod:

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

i must not put it in, i must not put it in, i must not put it in, i must not put it in~

ahhhhhhh goddamnit!

that was kinda cool. you could see this must have taken some time. unfortunately i had no sound but i just let the rebuild tracks play in the background. this little flashback montages you did were really nice. and i thought this was just retelling the events of rebuild but then quickening kicked in! that's an interesting prediction. i wouldn't mind some kaworu vs the children action but the kiss felt rather random. i guess, you couldn't help it, could you?

anyway, good stuff. enjoyed it =)

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I got all except that
"Rei/Yui"-Bad end
, but I think I know how to get it...
The movie content was well handled and the new scenes... well, of course some of the are very collored by your own theories, (I'm doing my best to look past my own theories/opinions because that's what makes EVA awesome - it makes ppl think/debate/interpret it and gives different answers for different ppl) but the vast majority of your original content fit the theme of the show perfectly/ were very well done. A little fast with the plot sometimes, but then Again, so are the movies without it necessarily being a bad thing

Your 'Asuka waking up scene' was also a work of art, the characters were believable, and the use of introspection (anbd the clips you combined with the text!) was very true to the original and had an excellent flow of emotions that tied in very well with the developement Asuka was given in the movies.
The five children making the decision to make plots/plans of their own also fits the theme of Rebuild a lot.
"With both hope and love at your disposal, ..." = TEH EPICNESS + shows the absolute devotion/unconditional (in this case, sibling-) love those two have for Shinji.

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:48 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Supposedly it wasn't working for people, but try this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFL5714V

Miss Start Dust, MF please! I have problems with the sound too. BTW Great Job Goddes :w00:
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Here I go.

I just noticed something, SSD´s VN is as twice as big as the Tsukihime VN which is already LOOONG as fuck.

I hope there aren´t too many routes and stuff because I´m an indecisive slob.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:31 pm

The Mediafire(6 parts) one doesn´t work.

It always says that it can´t find "fmodex.dll" and that I should reinstall the application.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:37 pm

dl the program specified on page one and extract into the same folder.you extracted the VN into. just extracting pt1 will work

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:55 pm

^
I pirate a lot of things, I know things like these.

Return to “Fan Works”