Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby COACH » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:24 am

I seem to recall somebody on the Eva mailing list mentioning VHS fansubs of Death recorded from WoWoW, but I don't remember when exactly the E-mail was posted...
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

View Original Postsvenge wrote:Yeah, I agree. The 2 "holy grails" of Evangelion video are:

1) The "Genesis" version of End of Evangelion (LD Vols. 13+14; also on DVD catalog no. KIBA-7)
2) The proper "Rebirth" part of "Death and Rebirth". (LD Movie Box Set; also on DVD catalog no. KIBA-105)

Everything else is found relatively easily in retail, eBay, or DVDISO trackers, let alone MKV video rips.

i actually ripped and subed the laser disc version of the movies. i never knew there was any interest in them so i never thought to mention.

i also have it on dvd (kiba 7 as mentioned) and i've been trying to rip it but my dvd drive isn't up to the task.

adam got me a lq vhs rip that i posted on line with subs but i took it down a few weeks latter for lack of interest.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 pm

-
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

i have the original rip file which accumulates to around 10 gigs.

a made a crap quality avi convertion so i could work the subs but my Japanese is very basic so i still haven't corrected the episode '26 preview which i guess was never translated since it was only available in the video edition of the movies, which is the one we're talking about.

i do have the vhs rip subed and ready but, again, the episode '26 preview still has questionable translation.

really, though, i have the software and know how to edit, add, and compress the file to make it a dvd quality file that's even ps3 compatible, which is why i did it to begging with. the only things i need are to fix the timing on the subs to match the laser disc rip, fix the translation on that bloody preview, because i know it's wrong but i don't have the languistic skills to fix it, and replace my dvd drive so i can rip that damn dvd.
Not who you think I am.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:09 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:i have the original rip file which accumulates to around 10 gigs.

a made a crap quality avi convertion so i could work the subs but my Japanese is very basic so i still haven't corrected the episode '26 preview which i guess was never translated since it was only available in the video edition of the movies, which is the one we're talking about.

i do have the vhs rip subed and ready but, again, the episode '26 preview still has questionable translation.

really, though, i have the software and know how to edit, add, and compress the file to make it a dvd quality file that's even ps3 compatible, which is why i did it to begging with. the only things i need are to fix the timing on the subs to match the laser disc rip, fix the translation on that bloody preview, because i know it's wrong but i don't have the languistic skills to fix it, and replace my dvd drive so i can rip that damn dvd.

This thread has a translation that may be of some use:

Finally, Shinji Ikari faces the Pandemonium that is reality.
Unable to cope with the trauma, he resigns himself to a fantasy world.
Where there is no pain called 'reality'.
Where there is no fiction called 'myself'.
Where there is no fear called 'other people'.
Where there is no hope called 'others'.
Where there is no existence called 'the self'.
Next time, the finale: "My Pure Heart for You"

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:stuff
I'll take ten gigs. Raws are fine. Put everything into one file, make a torrent file out of that file using utorrent, and then upload it to nyaa here. - http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=upload
We need less ambiguity and hoarding. Information for everyone.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 pm

View Original Postsvenge wrote:This thread has a translation that may be of some use

you cannot know the rage that fills my soul to know that after months of looking the damn thing was so f%*#ing close.

i am however, very happy to see that my translation was fairly spot on, and not to be pompous or arrogant but i liked the one i ended up with better.

well, i usually trade large files via torrent, is that an issue? if not, tomorrow sunday, tomorrow i work it, tomorrow i upload.

there were two scenes where i got worried abou the timing; the Asuka 'don't way to die scene' and the scene with the visual collage with women telling Shinji how much they hate him, so i'd like to know if they're fine or need re editing.

i know that most people who make subs always credit themselves and their staff but since i do it alone i don't bother with it, i think it breaks away from the movie; a fourth wall sort of thing.
Last edited by berto on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 pm

A torrent would be more than perfect. I would like the non-avi lossless rips.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:16 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:A torrent would be more than perfect. I would like the non-avi lossless rips.

i know, i saw. i guess i'll make 2, the .vod file, which was actually a capture, not a rip; don't worry, i used an s video cord for the best resolution possible. and an .avi format with hard subs.

i'll warn you now, since the ld rip is a capture there are blue screens before and after each movie on the lossless files. those won't be on the .avi since i can change start and end times.

i can't promise to have this to you tomorrow, all i can say is that i'll try my best to. because the movies came in two separate discs they'll be two separate files or folders and i want to look over the files and subs before passing them on just to be safe.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Aye aye, captain. Take your time.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:00 am

I just remembered...
The reason I didn't continue with this is because I was having issues with some of the subbing software and no one seemed to be able to help.

There are people here who do subs, can anyone tell me who they are so I can ask them for help, please?
Not who you think I am.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 am

View Original Postberto wrote:I just remembered...
The reason I didn't continue with this is because I was having issues with some of the subbing software and no one seemed to be able to help.

There are people here who do subs, can anyone tell me who they are so I can ask them for help, please?

As long as it's about the software I could be able to give an hand, what kind of problems do you have? You could even upload it as RAW and we could add external subs later.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 am

The files are .ass (hee hee) and when I created a few styles on Aegisubs and they seem fine on the screen, however some of the properties in the styles don't translate on XviD4PSP, specificly fade-ins, Blurs and bolds.

Some of the codes, for example, like {\blur1} don't translate in XviD4PSP, which is a pain bacause {\be#} code starts at 1 and you can't do more subtle number valiwes like .5 or .8.

The bigger pain in the ass is the styles that don't show up.

I did try it it raw format and it works fine on vlc player. Everything shpws up, the only place where they don't work right is XviD4PSP, and that gives me the best options for the PS3 comatible formats.

Also, I have a LQ copy of Air. Does anyone want it? Consider it a preview of comming attractions. It's hard coded and I was hoping someone would watch it to so that I'd have another person's opinion and eyes. Just to tell me if I made any mistakes or if it's good to go. One thing, though, if anyone wants it let me know and I'll pm you the link, I'm pretty sure that posting it on this thread would be a bannable offence.
Not who you think I am.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 am

View Original Postberto wrote:The files are .ass (hee hee) and when I created a few styles on Aegisubs and they seem fine on the screen, however some of the properties in the styles don't translate on XviD4PSP, specificly fade-ins, Blurs and bolds.

Some of the codes, for example, like {\blur1} don't translate in XviD4PSP, which is a pain bacause {\be#} code starts at 1 and you can't do more subtle number valiwes like .5 or .8.

The bigger pain in the ass is the styles that don't show up.

I did try it it raw format and it works fine on vlc player. Everything shpws up, the only place where they don't work right is XviD4PSP, and that gives me the best options for the PS3 comatible formats.

If you give me the .ass script I'll convert it to XSubs, a format compatible with DivX players and that can be used with the PS3 (you'll simply have to add them with AVIAddXsub).
For PC playback we can use the .ass file that you have done since the PS3 will read a, just distribute it together with the AVI (XSubs has poor software support and the format isn't completely definited, each player will interpret the spatial values as it desires... it's a mess but since you want it to be PS3 compatible...).
Also, I have a LQ copy of Air. Does anyone want it? Consider it a preview of comming attractions.

Which version of Air are you referring to? The LD one?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:34 am

Well, yeah, that's the one we've been talking about.

You know, as far as I know this will be the first time the LD version of the movie has been posted online... I'm kinda proud of myself.

Oh, also, it's a torrent file
Format: .avi XviD
Duration: 0:45:21
Dimentions: 720x536
Size: 410mb
Not who you think I am.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:43 am

View Original Postberto wrote:You know, as far as I know this will be the first time the LD version of the movie has been posted online... I'm kinda proud of myself.

Someone mentioned having in the past a rip of the Genesis version of EoE but actually it wasn't clear if it was the LD since there's also a DVD of that version of EoE.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am

In recent news, I've begun subbing this video- [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-H6-MQv8Ks[/url]
Really the best quality rip of the real Rebirth online, despite the fact that I had to HD Youtube download it. Soft-subs that are properly aligned should be done pretty soon to be muxed into this video and uploaded. I may go and edit it into Zerathim's Death(true)2, which would be super posh. I wish I could have a higher quality rip from the Theatrical Version 2 DVD set, that I'm pretty sure svenge has, but he is keeping for himself.

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby COACH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for the link, Username. Interesting watch. Did anybody else feel that Miyamura's performance was rather weak in Rebirth? Almost like she was waiting for the actual film, to really let loose...
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Asuka was a little weak, but I actually found the Seele voices to be better in Rebirth. Less twanging effect and more menacing performances.

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby COACH » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:08 pm

I don't remember what those guys sounded like in the actual movie; I haven't watched it in a while. (I just remember Asuka's delivery from EoE perfectly. :P) I'll have to watch both versions back-to-back one of these days.

Another thing I didn't like was how the music started playing before Asuka did her "I DON'T WANT TO DI~~E!!" scream. It's much more powerful in the actual movie, with the quiet build up, and then the music starting with the scream. Gives me chills. That, combined with Eva-02 triumphantly rising out of the water, makes this one of my favorite scenes in the series.
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”