Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
samcsli
Embryo

Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

•      
  •      

Postby samcsli » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:40 pm

movie1997-03-15《Death》&《Rebirth》
movie1997-07-19《THE END OF EVANGELION》=《Air》&《I need you》
tv 1998-01-02《Death(true) & Rebirth》
movie1998-03-07《REVIVAL OF EVANGELION》=《Death(true)2》《Air》&《I need you》

Q: any one knows where to download Death,Death (true)?

Q: is there a way to distinguish the 3 death? (i mean not to watch the whole, like distinguish rebirth and air is obvious due to the ending)

Q: are the two "air" and two "rebirth" the same? (have they bing modified the second time?
not telling

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm

1. Under normal circumstances we can't give (and ask) download links anyway I'm not sure if there are video releases pre-Death True^2.
2. Death True ^2 has the "this is how Evangelion Death was meant to be done" message, I don't know if there was a similar message for Death True but surely that text is lacking in the original Death.
3. As far as I know no, and actually there's only one Rebirth, Death True^2 is followed directly by "Air/Magokoro wo kimi ni" in the Renewal (I'm not sure about Death True). EoE has been changed only in the original video release but Air should be the same, it's Magokoro wo kimi ni which has been changed (more infos here).
Here's a list of differences between Rebirth and Air (but unless I misunderstood you it wasn't what you were asking): http://wiki.evageeks.org/Guides:Rebirth_vs._Episode_25%27
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

samcsli
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby samcsli » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:39 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:1. Under normal circumstances we can't give (and ask) download links anyway I'm not sure if there are video releases pre-Death True^2....

well, as long it's not a complete url,,,, i suppose

i heard that Death True cut some scenes from Death, and Death True2 adds some scenes...nothing but curious of the diff

the link u gave to me, i think, is a comparison of the movie and the tv.
not telling

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:04 am

"<Search> bakabt"
Type that into google.

I found Death True^2 that way.

Oh and by the way, it´s usually against the rules to download from the BakaBT tracker without an account, but one movie won´t hurt them ;)

psychosis090
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby psychosis090 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:31 am

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but has anyone ever made and/or distributed subtitles for End of Evangelion using Bochan Bird's translation?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 am

Offtopic: More likely, but one enterprising group (I won't say who are they or where it came from) subbed EoE several years ago.

Furthermore:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/sublanguageid-all/idmovie-501
http://subscene.com/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-The-End-of-Evangelion-Shin-seiki-Evangelion-Gekij-ban-AirMagokoro-wo-kimi-ni/subtitles-79738.aspx

With these, however, your quality mileage may vary.

Ontopic: watching the "Death" movies is optional (unless one is a completionist), as the first half is more of a summary of the events in the TV show, and the second half is the first installment of EoE. However, EoE supplants and exceeds "Death" in terms of quality and (I think) continuity.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:23 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:"<Search> bakabt"
Type that into google.

I found Death True^2 that way.

Oh and by the way, it´s usually against the rules to download from the BakaBT tracker without an account, but one movie won´t hurt them ;)

samcsli is asking for Death (the first theatrical edition) and Death True (not True^2) which was the version edited for the satellite channel Wowow.
Actually I've downloaded many things from bakabt without using an account and it doesn't seem that they never cared to ban me (even though it'd be useless, I've a dynamic address).
samcsli wrote:well, as long it's not a complete url,,,, i suppose

According to the rules we're supposed to don't ask/give links tout a court; the main risk is that it turns in a board with many similar discussions and we could get the attention of some undesirable fellows.
samcsli wrote:i heard that Death True cut some scenes from Death, and Death True2 adds some scenes...nothing but curious of the diff

The scenes that were cutted from Death are present in the DC of the TV series (someone could say that they removed to force people to buy both of them but I'm not sure if it's the case), Death True^2 reinserted many of them (like Gendo's Adam) but there are always missing scenes.
samcsli wrote:the link u gave to me, i think, is a comparison of the movie and the tv.

Are you referring to the wiki page? As I said it's a comparison between Evangelion:REBIRTH and Evangelion Episode 25' Air.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

samcsli
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby samcsli » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:samcsli is asking for Death (the first theatrical edition) and Death True (not True^2) which was the version edited for the satellite channel Wowow.
Actually I've downloaded many things from bakabt without using an account and it doesn't seem that they never cared to ban me (even though it'd be useless, I've a dynamic address).

According to the rules we're supposed to don't ask/give links tout a court; the main risk is that it turns in a board with many similar discussions and we could get the attention of some undesirable fellows.

The scenes that were cutted from Death are present in the DC of the TV series (someone could say that they removed to force people to buy both of them but I'm not sure if it's the case), Death True^2 reinserted many of them (like Gendo's Adam) but there are always missing scenes.

Are you referring to the wiki page? As I said it's a comparison between Evangelion:REBIRTH and Evangelion Episode 25' Air.

guess i could buy a 2nd hand vhs for the things i wanted (and spend 10 years more learning jp....)

question end... i'll watch REVIVAL OF EVANGELION and that;s all
not telling

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:32 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Actually I've downloaded many things from bakabt without using an account and it doesn't seem that they never cared to ban me

No reason for them to ban you, it's perfectly fine by their rules. Bakabt is a public tracker.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

On tangent- why in the world is there no good rip of the original death? Where is the R2 source? Is there a DVD set that has it? Just VHS? Stuff like this is falling through the cracks of history, just like Arianne.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:On tangent- why in the world is there no good rip of the original death? Where is the R2 source? Is there a DVD set that has it? Just VHS? Stuff like this is falling through the cracks of history, just like Arianne.

Can you even confirm that Death was included on home release?

Death(true) could have been recorded off of WoWoW, so with that it's a matter of finding someone with a VHS copy of it.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Can you even confirm that Death was included on home release?

Death(true) could have been recorded off of WoWoW, so with that it's a matter of finding someone with a VHS copy of it.
By the original death, I meant the original Death&Rebirth, my mistake. What is the source of this?-
http://www.evacommentary.org/misc-files/evangelion_rebirth_unknown.avi
What home release included this? All of the DVDs and VHS releases I find are Death only in its various versions. When was Rebirth ever given a real R2 release?

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:08 am

The only proper version of Rebirth on DVD was released in Japan back in 1999. It was part of a 2-disc set. Disc 1 contained "Death (True)²" + "Rebirth"; Disc 2 had "Air" and "Magokoro wo, Kimi ni." Both discs had letterboxed video within a 4:3 standard frame (i.e. NOT anamorphic 16:9 like the Renewal version.) Rebirth didn't make it over to the latter Renewal movie releases (KIBA-1009 [Dolby] and KIBA-1209 [DTS]) so this is the only way to get it.

Catalog: KIBA-105
UPC/EAN: 4988003932664

In case you're wondering, the Manga R1 release of "Death and Rebirth" used the audio + video from "Air" and copy/pasted the appropriate telop screens from the actual "Rebirth" where necessary. It's not the same as "Rebirth" in terms of seeing the differences in audio, video, and cuts used.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

@svenge: So this is the only DVD of the real rebirth in existence? You wouldn't happen to own this would you? Does anyone on this site own it?
http://images.jungle.homelinux.org/?601590,l

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

That's the one. Sadly, I don't own it myself (it's the one pre-Renewal R2J DVD I'm missing.)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:@svenge: So this is the only DVD of the real rebirth in existence? You wouldn't happen to own this would you? Does anyone on this site own it?
http://images.jungle.homelinux.org/?601590,l

I think I can manage to track down a copy of that.

I got this.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I think I can manage to track down a copy of that.

I got this.

That would be fantastic. The Eva community is really lacking without a proper rip of this. keikaku doori

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah, I agree. The 2 "holy grails" of Evangelion video are:

1) The "Genesis" version of End of Evangelion (LD Vols. 13+14; also on DVD catalog no. KIBA-7)
2) The proper "Rebirth" part of "Death and Rebirth". (LD Movie Box Set; also on DVD catalog no. KIBA-105)

Everything else is found relatively easily in retail, eBay, or DVDISO trackers, let alone MKV video rips.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:45 pm

What we need to do is find a hardcore film collector that collects film prints of anime films. They're out there. I know they are. There has to be a surviving film print of Death & Rebirth. The challenge is finding it.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:55 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:What we need to do is find a hardcore film collector that collects film prints of anime films. They're out there. I know they are. There has to be a surviving film print of Death & Rebirth. The challenge is finding it.

>I know they are
This knowledge, is there a link to its source?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”