Who's your favorite Eva character?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Stillborn
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:38 pm

View Original PostNyanlathotep wrote:Keel. When I grow up I wanna be the head of an ancient cult conspiracy man. I could just say ominous things all day for a living.

Become catholic priest then XD
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Asuka. Because Asuka.

For a serious answer, I take sadistic pleasure in watching characters struggle. In that sense, she attracts me more than the other characters do.

Shinji = Gone through a lot, dead mother, his father's an asshole, besides that, even though there are a few moments where he seems to grow up, in the end he just keeps whining about everything, he's always afraid of everything and thus he acts like a jerk with others.

Rei= Typical doll girl who couldn't ever do anything if his "puppeteer" wouldn't order her to do something, she'd do anything, she'd even suck your dick, yeah, even that.

Asuka = Same for Shinji, she's gone through a lot, however unlike Shinji, she's proud of herself, she tries to hide her weaknesses, she fights until the end, she never gives up and at least she tries to do something about her problems. This is the difference between her and Shinji.

This is FACT.

Also, what can I say about Kaworu? He just deserves more screentime, he's God, he isn't afraid of anything, even death, he's just like Rei, but he tends to be more extroverted and friendly with everyone unlike her, that's what I like of him.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:57 pm

But facts aren't everything...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Shinji feels oddly embarrassed sharing a bath with Kaworu (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... a post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:58 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:But facts aren't everything...
Words aren't important, facts are.

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:Words aren't important, facts are.

well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:01 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm

View Original PostNyanlathotep wrote:Keel. When I grow up I wanna be the head of an ancient cult conspiracy man. I could just say ominous things all day for a living.

Granted, Keel is a great character. He has money, power, and will. Of course, he's a raging asshat, but I can admire his drive.

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:50 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:
Asuka = Same for Shinji, she's gone through a lot, however unlike Shinji, she's proud of herself, she tries to hide her weaknesses, she fights until the end, she never gives up and at least she tries to do something about her problems.

By slitting her wrists?

I also can't stand Asuka's subtle attempts to get Shinji to like her. I mean, I know the laws of tsundere prevent her from saying it straight out, but she should have realised that he's as oblivious to hints as a brick wall early on.

Getting back on topic, Kaji forevs. I also like Kaworu, but since I saw Q and read loads of theories about his motives, I am beginning to doubt his benevolent nature.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:16 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:By slitting her wrists?

I also can't stand Asuka's subtle attempts to get Shinji to like her. I mean, I know the laws of tsundere prevent her from saying it straight out, but she should have realised that he's as oblivious to hints as a brick wall early on.

Getting back on topic, Kaji forevs. I also like Kaworu, but since I saw Q and read loads of theories about his motives, I am beginning to doubt his benevolent nature.
I didn't mention that almost every character is psychologically unstable, but everyone knows it anyway. Asuka tends to be like that because her "shell" breaks little by little, as I said before, she needs someone to comfort and help her, but Shinji can't do anything but ignore her.

boa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby boa » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 am

Kaworu is my favourite one. There are many reasons behind it, but I'll just say that he is the most dynamic and vivid character for me in Eva. The whole "Kaworu trio" made me understand his character and purpose more (as well as Shinji's).
Oh, and I like Rei. Yes.

NONAME
Embryo

Re: Who's your favorite Eva character?

•      
  •      

Postby NONAME » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Asuka. At first I liked the fact that she was completely opposite to Shinji in the behavior and personality, and she seemed very funny to me. But then, when all her emotional stuff and backgorund came, I just felt in love with the character, because I can relate with her 'fucked' side.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm

For me is Asuka because:
1)I'm almost a male version of Asuka (bitchy and wanting attention) and I was happy that someone understood me.
2)I think she's the most developed character in the series.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

silvermoonlight
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:19 am

Asuka but to clarify I like her version in the End of Evangelion the best when she takes on the mass Eva series, because its where in my view her true personality is revealed as in the series version its very much hidden behind a shield and ego which she uses to bully and force others away from her so she doesn't get hurt. She's is also a character I admire for her strength in that she goes through some really horrible stuff but is still able to pick herself up and carry on fighting.

Rei because I love that she just get things done and to me she is really brave and I loved her massive screw you to Gendo in EOE.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:57 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Asuka but to clarify I like her version in the End of Evangelion the best when she takes on the mass Eva series the most, because its where in my view you see her true personality is revealed as in the series version its very much its hidden behind a shield and ego which uses to bully and force others away from her so she doesn't get hurt. She's is also a character I admire for her strength in that she goes through some really horrible stuff but is still able to pick herself up and carry on fighting.

Omedetou!

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:53 am

...who are you congratulating?
Crying Man (Or, How Misato's Dad Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:56 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:...who are you congratulating?

Silvermoonlight

Javik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Javik » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:01 am

Misato, one of my favorite characters in anime and probably in fiction in general. Her troubled past and flawed aspects of her character combined with the more fun and strong aspects of her personality make her both appealing and interesting to me.

DarkBluePhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Ooh, I have a list for this too with reasons!
:marihearts:
1: Mari Illustrious Makinami - Well, after seeing her in the intro of 2.22, well, how can I not love a character who tells something to "fucking die" and lands tits first into our hero, an epic introduction, and a first impression that Shinji won't likely forget.
She's a fantastic combatant, which is hot, and she knows how to put Princess in her place, and basically, she's my favorite because she's weird, like me. Plus look at that face, she's ready to kill somethingwhihch is soooooooo awesome!

:Kaji:
2: Ryoji Kaji - My favorite male character, I'm sad he died. But I liked him for his boyish charm, and the fact he was the only one who could make Misato blush uncontrollably. I liked him more in the manga, becasue he really tried to help Shinji out a bunch, and made him realize he can't keep running away. He has a great sense of humor.
Plus he grows watermelons! He's just sooo cool. Requiesce in pace my friend.

:asukahearts:
3: Asuka Langley Soryu - Ok, yes, the character people love to hate. I won't excuse her actions towards Shinji, like being a super bitch, or trying to suffocate him during their kiss, or her general distain for Rei. The girl has issues, and so do pretty much every character in this show (with the exception of Pen-Pen) Now Asuka was my top favorite early on because, well this is the first image of NGE I ever saw - See, I have reasons for everything
So she holds a special place in my NGE fueled fanboying. She's a great pilot (EoE, nuff said), she's smart, and when she wants to be, she can be kinda nice, which I think we see for a total of 95 seconds on screen. The girl really just needs a hug from Shinji to know that he cares :huggles: so that she can finally accept herself. Maybe if Misato treated her with the same respect she did for Shinji, Asuka wouldn't have been as jealous as she was.

:fuyusnap:
4: Fuyutsuki - The dude is so underutilized in the show, he would be higher if he actually spoke more. He was Yui's college professor, and pretty much the only guiding light Gendo has, and he secretly loves Yui, which is oh so sweet. :woohoo:

:reioishi:
5: Rei Ayanami - Well, Rei is a favorite of mine because of her growth through the series, and later on because of her tragic backstory. She really grew on me, and that touching moment in Episode six made me really like her character. Look at that smile!

:shinjismile:
6: Shinji Ikari - Ok, he's on the list because he's not a bad person, EoE scene aside (why though, why did you do that! :spew:), but that scene put him in 6th place. Anyway, I personally like Rebuild and Manga Shinji better than the anime version. Why, you ask? Well, manga Shinji has a backbone, and some balls, he attacks his father after
SPOILER: Show
Toji is killed by the dummy plug, yep, not missing a leg, actually dead, very sad, I cried with Shinji on that one
Before he resigns, he leaps over the desk and tries to punch Gendo in the schnoz, but us held back by his adoptive father, Kaji, and the action shocks the hell out of Gendo. And as for rebuild, before he is forced out of Unit-01 after almost killing Asuka, he does this:
That's right Shinji, fuck that pyramid up, make it your bitch, show daddy he can't force you to hurt your friends anymore

Anyway, that's my list
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

CommanderFish
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Shinji Ikari

Most fleshed-out, developed character in the series. But I suppose that's a common benefit of being the main protagonist. More importantly though, I can relate to him the most on a personal level, and that's what makes NGE truly great in my eyes.

Edit: also Pen-pen because he is the sole representative of penguins in the show and I just really appreciate that.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Fyrstorm
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:43 am

My favourite? Mari, as anyone should be able to figure out. DarkBluePhoenix basically nailed every one of the points I'd have brought up, so... props to you, man. You beat me to the punch.
Go Team Green/Pink/whatever Mari's team is!
Warning: I make lots of stupid decisions.
Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki

My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”