Real world military vehicles

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Real world military vehicles

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 am

Lately I've been thinking about making a "real world aircraft" section but then I noticed that it could be possible to make a "real world tank" section as well; we already have a page about the U.N. fleet and their real world counterpart and about the "Lilims' weaponry" (real world guns and similar);
Anyway I'm unsure if I can rack enough content so I'd like to discuss this stuff here before to see if there's anyone else that would like to help.
I'd especially need help in recognizing the helicopters shown in episode 7 (just when Misato and Ritsuko arrives to the test facility for the JA test) and the tanks but actually even a simple sighting of something that can look like a real world (not fictional) aircraft/vehicle is welcome.
Let's start:

-Fixed wings aircraft:
Sukhoi Su-33 Flanker-D
Country: Russian Federation (development started within the U.S.S.R. but it has been formally introduced in 1994)
Appears in episode: 8/Rebuild 2.0/preview of Q
Notes: I'd say that the ones in the preview of Q is a Su-33 since it's the only naval Sukhoi aircraft but actually the cockpit is so huge and it has the same shape of the one of the Su-34 which isn't capable of operating from aircraft carriers (or at least I think that it doesn't have folding wings); a similar aircraft is between the ones that are accompanying the EVA-02 in 2.00.

Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye
Appears in: episode 8

Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler
Notes: I'm not completely sure about this aircraft.

Yak-38M "Forger-A"
Notes: Kensuke says that it's a Yak-38 Kai, I'm not completely positive but he could be referring to the improved M model; the Yak-38 has never been used by the Russian navy since it was left to rust together with the Kiev class aircraft carriers and it has been retired together with its carrier (the only surviving Kiev class is being refitted as a STOBAR carrier for the Indian navy and it will use Mig-29K).

Beriev A-40 Al'batros (NATO reporting name: Mermaid)
Appears in: Rebuild 2.22 (maybe in the 2.0 as well)
Notes: it's the aircraft used by Kaji to escape; actually I didn't know this aircraft but luckily it was listed in the Evangelion 2.0 Complete Works, it was a U.S.S.R project that has been stopped after the breakup of the Soviet Union but it has been recently restarted; the version in the movie is for Nerv use.

- Rotatory wings aircraft:
Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
Appears in: preview of Q
Notes: This is actually an hybrid between a fixed and a rotatory wing aircraft.

- Tanks:
T-80UN
Appears in: Rebuild 2.22 (or it was present in 2.0 as well? It's the tank that is firing to "tunniel")
Notes: The model name comes from the Evangelion 2.0 Complete Works, it's not a real world model (there's the T-80U and others but I can't find a T-80UN) possibly the UN could be a reference to U.N. but I'm not sure.

Type 90
Appears in: Rebuild 2.22 (more research is needed for the exact moment in which is shown and to check if it's been used in other episodes as well)
Notes: it's mentioned in the Complete Works of 2.0 but I've not located it yet, it's somewhere in the movie but I'll probably have to watch it all since I can't remember where it appeared.

Later I'll start taking screenshoots.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Real world military vehicles

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 am

Most of the airplanes and helicopters seem to be fictional variants of the real thing, and there didn't seem to be that many of them back then, so I avoided putting them in.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote: -Fixed wings aircraft:
Sukhoi Su-33 Flanker-D

Yep, Kensuke correcly identifies the Su-33, although they must have to be retrofitted to use the catapults on the US carriers, since the Russians send them into the air on their own power, using a ski-jump. I sympathize with the poor nerd when they all get wrecked during the brawl with Gaghiel.

The Sukhois in Rebuild appear to be a hybrid between the Su-33 and Su-34. Rather unusual.

Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye

From what I recall, the Hawkeye only made a cameo appearance, right after the helicopter headed for the deck.

Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler
Notes: I'm not completely sure about this aircraft.

I'm not sure I saw any of these around, but my memory might be playing tricks on me.

Yak-38M "Forger-A"

There's a two-seater Yak-38U in reality. However, the Yak-38 Kai is fictitious, probably because whoever put it in (Anno? Sadamoto?) knew that the Yak-38 was a horribly lousy aircraft. Unlike the Harrier, they never really put the Yak to practical use and it went to waste. Frankly, Anno should have tried going with the Yak-41/141. That was a much cooler V/STOL aircraft.

The Indian carrier in question uses the Harrier as well as the MiG-29K.

Beriev A-40 Al'batros (NATO reporting name: Mermaid)
Appears in: Rebuild 2.22 (maybe in the 2.0 as well)

Looks like I totally, totally missed the Albatros.

Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey

Right again. This is used by the US Marine Corps. Maybe the Nerv personnel will get a dose of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann, but who knows?

T-80UN
Appears in: Rebuild 2.22 (or it was present in 2.0 as well? It's the tank that is firing to "tunniel")

The T-80UN doesn't exist. It's a fictitious model of the real T-80/T-80U.

For what it's worth, they'd named the tanks shooting at Sachiel as Leopard 2A7 or 2A10 variants - upgrades that haven't come into existence yet. And there's some other tank that's named in the same scene.

Type 90

It certainly wouldn't do to leave this out. Japan's own MBT, and not a bad one at all.

Later I'll start taking screenshoots.

If you do, you'll notice quite a few peculiar mashup machines... including a six-engined An-225/An-72 chimera that actually has "An-225" written on its side.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:- Rotatory wings aircraft:
Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
Appears in: preview of Q
Notes: This is actually an hybrid between a fixed and a rotatory wing aircraft.

The osprey also appears in 2.22, it delivers ritsuko to unit 03 activation test, I also have a screen shot of this if you need it later..
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:42 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Most of the airplanes and helicopters seem to be fictional variants of the real thing, and there didn't seem to be that many of them back then, so I avoided putting them in.

You're probably right but I thought that it could be worth trying.
Yep, Kensuke correcly identifies the Su-33, although they must have to be retrofitted to use the catapults on the US carriers, since the Russians send them into the air on their own power, using a ski-jump. I sympathize with the poor nerd when they all get wrecked during the brawl with Gaghiel.

Yeah, the Su-27 and its many variations have always been my favourite aircraft, it's sad seeing it cut by a "giant cutter" like if it was made of butter.
And yeah, I was wondering if they could have been modified since the Americans use catapults rather than skyjumps (the Su-33 must have really an impressive trust/weight ratio to do that without being V/STOL).
Actually there's an Admiral Kuznetsov in the fleet, and unless it's been heavily refitted it'd require "regular Su-33".
The Sukhois in Rebuild appear to be a hybrid between the Su-33 and Su-34. Rather unusual.

So I'm not the only one that noticed that, I was thinking that I was having some kind of dream.
About the Sukhois: I'm pretty sure that there's actually a space use variant (!) in Anima that is completely fictional (I must check TMBountyHunter's scans to find it), probably Yamashita likes it as well; I dunno if it'd be worth mentioning in the wiki...
About the E-2 Hawkeye and the EA-6B Prowler:
I've recognized them from here:
[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/su33e2ea6.png/]Image[/URL]
The shape seems that of the Prowler but I'm 100% positive.

There's a two-seater Yak-38U in reality. However, the Yak-38 Kai is fictitious, probably because whoever put it in (Anno? Sadamoto?) knew that the Yak-38 was a horribly lousy aircraft. Unlike the Harrier, they never really put the Yak to practical use and it went to waste. Frankly, Anno should have tried going with the Yak-41/141. That was a much cooler V/STOL aircraft

I wonder if it was Anno, in Re Cutie Honey Saeji (which is basically Kaji's alter-ego) uses an Harrier... anyway I agree it could have been nice to see the Yak-41, too bad.
The Indian carrier in question uses the Harrier as well as the MiG-29K.

Does it make sense to use the Sea Harrier when you have purchased the Mig-29K XD? Speed, range, rate of climb, payload, everything is higher in the Mig-29K. Of course they'll probably keep using it for a while since they already have it.
The T-80UN doesn't exist. It's a fictitious model of the real T-80/T-80U.

For what it's worth, they'd named the tanks shooting at Sachiel as Leopard 2A7 or 2A10 variants - upgrades that haven't come into existence yet. And there's some other tank that's named in the same scene.

Thank you very much for these infos, I'm pretty clueless about tanks (and I couldn't figure out its "Evangelion" version since I don't have the 1.0 Complete Works).
It certainly wouldn't do to leave this out. Japan's own MBT, and not a bad one at all.

Yeah, basically it's everywhere, it's featured in various Gundam games as well (Ghiren Greed for example).
If you do, you'll notice quite a few peculiar mashup machines... including a six-engined An-225/An-72 chimera that actually has "An-225" written on its side.

Where does it appear? I can't remember.
KnightmareX13 wrote:The osprey also appears in 2.22, it delivers ritsuko to unit 03 activation test, I also have a screen shot of this if you need it later..

Thanks a lot, the approximative point in which it's featured is more than enough.

Since as UrsusArctos mentioned most (if not all) of these mentioned aircraft and tanks are somehow modified I wonder if it'd be correct to say that they're "real world inspired" aircraft and tanks...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:And yeah, I was wondering if they could have been modified since the Americans use catapults rather than skyjumps (the Su-33 must have really an impressive trust/weight ratio to do that without being V/STOL).
Actually there's an Admiral Kuznetsov in the fleet, and unless it's been heavily refitted it'd require "regular Su-33".

Maybe they turned it into a dual-use aircraft? Created a version that could be fired by catapult and go up by itself? It's not short of power, and I don't think the modifications needed would be major.

About the E-2 Hawkeye and the EA-6B Prowler:

You're right. Well spotted.

As for India using Sea Harriers as well as MiG-29Ks, why put a useful weapon to waste while it still has shelf life?

If you need any further information about planes and tanks, about what's real and what's not, feel free to ask me.

(The An-225/72/74 mashup machine is seen early in Evangelion 1.0, launching huge missiles at Sachiel, and what looks like an A-40 drops giant bombs on him.)

I wonder if it'd be correct to say that they're "real world inspired" aircraft and tanks...

That sounds good. An alternative would be "real world modified".
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:About the E-2 Hawkeye and the EA-6B Prowler:

That's actually a A-6 Intruder, you can tell because the cockpit can only seat two, not the four that the Prowler can.

Also, in the first episode and Rebuild 1.00 you can see the Type 74 Nana-yon featured prominently being arrayed along Route 135. You can also see the M270 MRLS firing at Satchiel alongside what is either a BM-30 Smerch or a BM-27 Uragan, and a type of MRLS with a block cabin that I can't quite identify. Also, during the JSSDF assault they can be seen using several AMX-10 RC tank destroyers an a VTOL that honestly looks like it's using some kind of Star Wars style replusarlift system.

As for the title: I vote that the article be labeled Conventional vehicles, with sub-sections for land, air, and sea vehicles, and specifications on each entry whether the type/variant is fiction or not. That should cover everything that comes up.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Wow! This is a pretty fun thread. Didnt know we had military enthusiasts here. I definitely have a few military vehicles in mind. I'll post screenshots and descriptions here as well during the next few days. Heh. So far i see a lot of tanks and what not. Will need to sound off on ships soon too. ;)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:17 pm

We have a ships page already.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Warships_of_the_Pacific_Fleet

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:49 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:We have a ships page already.

Interesting. Somebody already posted all that? LOL. Well i can always take a look at the Rebuild movies and post about ships from that. Heh heh.....

And yes....having the two Iowa class battleships kill Gaghiel was and still is hilarious. But since USS Kentucky and Illinois were never built in our timeline, it would suggest that history in the Evangelion world was already vastly different shortly after the end of WWII.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm

^
Indeed, as Eva exists in an alternate universe/history.

There are others that I noticed: while NERV uses the standard Humvee, the SSDF has the similar and militarized Toyota-built Mega Cruiser:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mega_Cruiser

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:36 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:^
Indeed, as Eva exists in an alternate universe/history.

Well no duh. But im just saying that its interesting that the Eva creators have suggested that its different enough that it even affected what ships were built and commissioned in 1945 and 1946, a good 5 decades before Evas were even conceived.

Guess those guys at Gainax have a bit of a Battleship fetish and actually wondered what it would be like for the US to have gone through with building those extra Iowa class battleships. Awesome stuff.

P.S. And yes i am a bit of a Battleship fanatic myself.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:We have a ships page already.

Recently i've been doing a bit of sleuthing with the source material and it would appear the Evageeks page is a bit inaccurate with its entry of the Arleigh Burke naval destroyer. The destroyers featured in episode 8 of NGE are actually the Japanese variant of the Arleigh Burke US naval destroyer.

Japan, America's closest ally in the pacific often shares military, air force and naval tech, and the Arleigh Burke is no exception. Japan's variant of the naval destroyer is called the Kongo Class destroyer. While similarities are apparent on the exterior features of the ship, there is one visible feature that sets the Kongo variant apart from its US counterpart. Kongo class destroyers have a bridge superstructure thats 2 stories higher than that of a US Arliegh Burke destroyer. Therefore the front profile of the Kongo class destroyer is much higher than that of a US built Arleigh Burke.

Observe:

NGE-Kongo Class Destroyers in the background.Image

US Arleigh Burke class Destroyer

Japanese Kongo Class Destroyer

Therefore in light of this new info, somebody here at Evageeks should change that wiki entry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On a seperate note I noticed a few other things with while examining NGE's episode 8. Seems that the Japanese creators/animators had a fetish with Sukhoi Russian fighters.

Interestingly enough this fascination with the Sukhoi fighter continues in the recent Eva 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance movie. Sukhoi fighter flying away from Unit 02's crossbow

And again the fighter appears on the deck of the aircraft carrier in the 3.0 Q preview.Image

I wonder why the producers arent showing any love for any US jet fighers? No love for the F-15, F-18, F-35? lol.

DoubleZeva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DoubleZeva » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:13 am

Most of the ships are US, most of the planes are Russian. I think it's an interesting juxtaposition that highlights the Pacific fleet's kitbash nature.
Puru Puru Puru Puru

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:37 am

A bit of an addendum to my previous post: the M270A1 and SMERCH don't make their appearances until 1.00. You can also see Lockheed P-3C Orions during the Ramiel fight sequence in the same movie.

As for those Sukhois: they're Su-34 Fullbacks, I'd recognize their profile anywhere.

As well, it's worth noting that a multitude of Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallions can be seen during the course of the series, mostly in the evacuation of Tokyo-3 during Episode 12.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:A bit of an addendum to my previous post: the M270A1 and SMERCH don't make their appearances until 1.00. You can also see Lockheed P-3C Orions during the Ramiel fight sequence in the same movie.

As for those Sukhois: they're Su-34 Fullbacks, I'd recognize their profile anywhere.

As well, it's worth noting that a multitude of Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallions can be seen during the course of the series, mostly in the evacuation of Tokyo-3 during Episode 12.

Thanks for clarifying these weapons and jets up. So those are Su-34s eh? Interesting. I also got screencaps of the other weapons and plane you mentioned.

SMERCH

M270A1

P-3 Orion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous vehicles in Eva 1.0

I’ve noticed a few military vehicles and missile platforms that need identification. To those that have the knowledge it would be helpful if you guys could help out here. I’ll just post these photos here and see what you guys think. Can you help me identify what vehicles appear in these shots below?

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Just to clarify, the Smerch's designation is the BM-30. Now, time for the images.

Image 1: Type 90 Kyū-maru with reactive armor plates bolted on for some reason.

Image 2: Unknown, likely a made-up MLRS. It was the only type of self-propelled artillery shown in the original series.

Image 3: Not qualified to comment on this due to a lack of experience with naval vessels and poor lighting. Though I still find it incredible that they'd build a destroyer in Lake Ashi. I mean, the lake is only three miles long, who funds these things? (Probably the same people who built the pirate ship, but that's besides the point.)

Image 4: OK, I'm stumped. I don't think I've seen anything like that tank.

Image 5: That's a Komatsu LAV. The design is very similar to the Otokar Cobra and the Véhicule Blindé Léger, but considering that the Komatsu is a Japanese design it is the most likely answer.

Image 6: Most likely just a civilian vehicle that's been converted into a command vehicle. I know squat about civilian vehicles though. I do notice that it has braces installed on it though, I guess they learned from the last time around, eh?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:Just to clarify, the Smerch's designation is the BM-30. Now, time for the images.

Image 1: Type 90 Kyū-maru with reactive armor plates bolted on for some reason.

Image 2: Unknown, likely a made-up MLRS. It was the only type of self-propelled artillery shown in the original series.

Image 3: Not qualified to comment on this due to a lack of experience with naval vessels and poor lighting. Though I still find it incredible that they'd build a destroyer in Lake Ashi. I mean, the lake is only three miles long, who funds these things? (Probably the same people who built the pirate ship, but that's besides the point.)

Image 4: OK, I'm stumped. I don't think I've seen anything like that tank.

Image 5: That's a Komatsu LAV. The design is very similar to the Otokar Cobra and the Véhicule Blindé Léger, but considering that the Komatsu is a Japanese design it is the most likely answer.

Image 6: Most likely just a civilian vehicle that's been converted into a command vehicle. I know squat about civilian vehicles though. I do notice that it has braces installed on it though, I guess they learned from the last time around, eh?

Wow thanks for clarifying all that once again. LOL they actually commissioned and launched a pirate ship on Lake Ashi? Ha! :grin: Hmm surprised that you managed to identify both the Type 90 and the Komatsu LAV. That LAV stumped me for quite sometime.

Understandable you werent really able to identify the naval destroyer in Image 3. I can't either despite my interest in naval ships. Speaking of which i do admire those guys at Gainax who were responsible for including the Iowa class battleships in NGE ep 8. Very nice details and they even ever went so far as doing the research to have them named USS Illinois and Kentucky. Awesome!

They put in some great art for the Iowa Class battleships in episode 8. Everything from the 16 naval guns, to bridge deck, radar sensors and the phalanx anti-air defense systems can be seen in the shots taken below from episode 8 of NGE.

Using the naval guns to fire at Gaghiel underwater remotely, is just ridiculously hilarious. Must mean though that the BBs were overhauled to be able to reload and fire by themselves. Interesting.....

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:47 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:The osprey also appears in 2.22, it delivers ritsuko to unit 03 activation test, I also have a screen shot of this if you need it later..

Actually to clarify the V-22 Osprey appears in both Rebuild movies and the Q preview as well. Take a look

Evangelion 1.0

Evangelion 2.0

Q 3.0 Preview

Its pretty cool how the Khara staff replaced all the scenes that would have featured the Super Stallion with the V-22. And yes to some it is a bit of a shocker to see them in Eva 1.0 too. It took me a while to spot those three flying over because of that really dark scene and the fact that they are partially obscured by the odd camera angle under the hydro electric tower.

Meanwhile in Eva 2.0, i just can't seem to fathom why they need that many Ospreys in the air at one time? I mean they look more like a swarm of mosquitos than aircraft. lol.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Fun fact: apparently, if a MV-22 is left idling for more then ten minutes on an aircraft carrier the deck platings will bend and buckle from the heat generated by the craft. I can only imagine the heat that would be generated by that unruly mob of Osprays in 2.00, but it can't be very good.

Also, before I forget again: the vehicle used by Misato, Ritsuko, and Maya to travel across the LCL lake produced by Satchiel in 1.00 is called an ekranoplan. I originally thought it was a civilian version of a Lun-class ekranoplan, but considering that the only one of that class made was MD-160 I have to wonder.

Here's a picture of MD-160 in her prime, and here's a link to some pictures of what it looks like now. ;_; It's so sad.

Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Related to this, I was thinking that if we ever get around to an EVACON, we should try to see if the JSDF would loan us some of their de-commissioned Artillery, Vehicles, and Weaponry for an exhibit. This would make a good exhibit, we could call it something like, weaponry use in the siege on NERV, or something like that. (i'm not good at titles, someone must think of something better.)
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”