Search found 2612 matches

by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 pm
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things
Replies: 46
Views: 1057

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

If anything, aside from him succumbing to his more primal urges, I think it was more him wanting to also convince himself that he's such an awful person, that this is justification enough to commit suicide, and end the pain, which is why he's pretty much mentally comatose through the first half of ...
by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things
Replies: 46
Views: 1057

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

As I said before, I felt very related to Shinji during the series, but in EoE I just lost that sincere empathy I had for him. Even if he’s 14 years old, I don’t think what he did was excusable at all, and even less likable . I’m glad he did have the decency to admit he was fucked up , but still, th...
by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:40 pm
Forum: Everything Else Evangelion
Topic: Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition
Replies: 1
Views: 120

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion Trilogy (1-3): North American Theatrical Release Petition

Your enthusiasm is nice, but I'm pretty sure Funimation released all 3 films theatrically already, albeit at different times. Besides, they've already released all 3 films on DVD. Why would they spend all that money on a theatrical exhibition so soon after they've already been shown in theaters less...
by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 pm
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things
Replies: 46
Views: 1057

Re: Introduction, Toxicity of AsuShin and other things

They're both fucked-up kids because of horrible childhoods and neglect from parental figures. Shinji deals with it by retreating inside himself. Asuka deals with it by externally trying to overcompensate. If you can bring yourself to feel sympathy for Asuka despite all of her flaws, then you are per...
by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:39 pm
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: What would Evangelion be without Shinji?
Replies: 11
Views: 243

Re: What would Evangelion be without Shinji?

C.T.1290#869413 wrote:Well, if Shinji is popular as you say, then why is it that he is amongst the hated ones along with Asuka and some other characters in NGE?


Because some people are lacking a basic human feeling called empathy. Even Kaworu was empathetic of Shinji's situation...and he's not even human!
by Guy Nacks
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:12 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] James Cameron's Avatar
Replies: 405
Views: 33829

Re: [Film] James Cameron's Avatar

Avatar, for all the money it made, is far and away Cameron's weakest film IMO. I saw it twice in theaters and liked it, but it's had next to no rewatch value for me after the fact. Aside from the groundbreaking CGI work, the plot and characters are too derivative to be interesting. Titanic, while it...
by Guy Nacks
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2
Replies: 363
Views: 13640

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

movieartman#869253 wrote:Almost no one wants to see that


-Straight Women
-Bi Women
-Gay Men
-Bi Men


I think there may be a significant portion of all 4 of those groups who would want to see sculpted, toned abs on male superheroes.
by Guy Nacks
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Alita: Battle Angel
Replies: 54
Views: 6704

Re: [Film] Alita: Battle Angel

Literally the only reason I have any faith in this project whatsoever is that Cameron's duties as a writer/producer. Say what you will about him being an asshole, but he knows how to make a product that is appealing enough to make tons of cash. You'd have to believe he's been steering Robby Rod towa...
by Guy Nacks
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]
Replies: 1069
Views: 82149

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Chuckman#869124 wrote:Chuckman Is... trans.


This has been a good week for trans representation: First the Danica Roem news; now Chuckman joins the fold.

Congratulations on coming out, dude. :asuka_thumbsup:
by Guy Nacks
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:03 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Star Wars Episode II - A New Thread
Replies: 31
Views: 1229

Re: Star Wars Episode II - A New Thread

Here's the announcement: http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy I mean...holy shit. They must have tremendous confidence in TLJ for them to give him this deal. Him finishing the film months before the release date and ...
by Guy Nacks
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 am
Forum: Fanfiction
Topic: [Fic] Hi this is Johnny SPACEBOOTS again
Replies: 11
Views: 2992

Re: [Fic] Hi this is Johnny SPACEBOOTS again

Legendary auteur author Johnny SPACEBOOTS has been resurrected.

10/10 necrobump.
by Guy Nacks
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Blade Runner franchise
Replies: 66
Views: 4104

Re: Blade Runner franchise

The Reason 2049 Bombed was because it was a sequel to a film that was. a) A Cult Classic with a VERY SMALL fanbase. It may have been a cult classic in, say, 1990, but now it's almost universally respected and/or admired, and has gone down as one of the most influential sci-fi films of all time. IMD...
by Guy Nacks
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2
Replies: 363
Views: 13640

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

Ray#868972 wrote:Furthermore, the internet wasn't this giant slaying hype-killing machine ten or even five years ago like it is today.



Maybe we just expect more from our entertainment?

Although, smart, well-made films like Blade Runner 2049 flopping are one of the primary reasons why we can't have nice things.
by Guy Nacks
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2
Replies: 363
Views: 13640

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

Ray#868970 wrote:Please just let JL get a passable RT rating. . . I'd take a 50% at this point. . . I'm sick and tired of all the hate


Attack of the Clones got a 65%

Revenge of the Sith got a 79%

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has a 77%

Spider Man 3 got a 63%

Paranormal Activity has an 83%


Just sayin'.
by Guy Nacks
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread
Replies: 529
Views: 36312

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

I'd just like to add that as a person who's about a 1 on the Kinsey scale, there needs to be more male full frontal in film.

#HammerofThor
by Guy Nacks
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Last Movie You Watched
Replies: 1403
Views: 100342

Re: Last Movie You Watched

I rewatched Hugo recently. Damn, what a great film. It's basically Scorsese's Cinema Paradiso. Entertaining performances from Ben Kingsley, Sacha Baron Cohen, Chloe Grace Moretz, and Shinji Ikari wannabe, Asa Butterfield.

What a beautiful film to look at and experience.

Go to advanced search