Search found 16350 matches

by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

160 people disappeared. Colonial Marines didn't believe the Xenomorph story. In a realistic scenario the possibilities of a viral infection is the number one probability. It was dumb to not use breathing gear in Aliens but everyone's okay with that because there is zero infection in the film. If ch...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 10:23 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

This logic does not compute for me. How is having a plot full of people and structures making mistakes inherently bad? Again, I fail to see the objectivity behind all this. No one ever said making mistakes was inherently bad. It's only bad when your plot requires that everyone make obvious mistakes...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

There's another theme of the movie: even the gods and the powers that be aren't perfect. David is disappointed by his creators, the same way Halloway and Shaw are disappointed by theirs. Those with power wield it because they can, and they create because they can. But being a creator doesn't make o...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

The capitalists in this franchise haven't exactly been shown to be competent either. Who says they're any better at their jobs than the scientists? Another huge part of this movie is using power simply because you can, and not because it's entirely understood. Weylin himself had a deadline consider...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 9:14 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

In that case, I did not find Millburn's actions to be out of character. Again, he may have been a biologist with a degree, but that doesn't guarantee common sense, especially in the field. It should have, given that he was selected for a high profile mission by people who have the resources to hire...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

This is where you and I disagree then. An idiot ball is a plot device like any other, sometimes used brilliantly, and other times just used. The usage of an idiot ball in of itself does not make something bad, and therefore cannot be used as an objective measurement. It is generally not possible fo...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 8:36 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

Are these things, such as the hammerpede scene, still objectively bad if I enjoyed them and didn't mind the idiot ball that needed to be carried to make it happened? If you're acknowledging that an idiot ball was needed to make them happen, then yes. The fact that it's objectively bad does not have...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

Every minor flaw people bitch about in Prometheus has been debated to death yet people will still make ridiculous claims like "It's an objectively bad movie. A lot of the stuff people bitch about in Prometheus is objectively bad. You brought up the hammerpede, and it is perhaps the best exampl...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero Films & TV
Replies: 1981
Views: 95449

Re: Superhero Films & TV

"The show must go on" is one of the most horrible sentiments to ever invade human consciousness. Let the show stop. It's not going anywhere, and it doesn't have to happen now . People will watch it if it's good; there are no unknowns there, that's just how we are. So if a tragedy happens d...
by Bagheera
Mon May 22, 2017 3:06 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero Films & TV
Replies: 1981
Views: 95449

Re: Superhero Films & TV

Ray#861133 wrote:It seems they're taking a lot Traditionally Superman elements and applying them to Wondy.

As seen in this new poster, and what inspired it.


Look harder,, as that's a traditionally WW pose, too. Here, take your pick.
by Bagheera
Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: News [NO POLITICS]
Replies: 239
Views: 15880

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

A reminder that important new discoveries can still be made in areas thought to have been well known: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/when-scientists-saw-the-mouse-heads-glowing-they-knew-the-discovery-was-big/2017/05/19/f33cc574-246a-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html So thes...
by Bagheera
Sun May 21, 2017 1:27 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Terminator - Genisys (2015)
Replies: 169
Views: 14997

Re: Terminator - Genisys (2015)



Oh, dear gods. The guy is pushing 70, what the hell?
by Bagheera
Sat May 20, 2017 10:48 pm
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Hikari and Kensuke
Replies: 15
Views: 855

Re: Hikari and Kensuke

StrokeMeGoat#861044 wrote:This scene happens at the beginning of ep. 23, before Asuka fails to initialize her Eva against Armisael. Maybe my memory is a bit off, but she technically isn't dismissed from NERV until after that point.


I sit corrected!
by Bagheera
Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero Films & TV
Replies: 1981
Views: 95449

Re: Superhero Films & TV

FreakyFilmFan4ever#861031 wrote:I was expecting more of a brass lead in the music, but I love the fact that it's the old theme song. If they get a choir on it, that would be totally dope.


That's a good point; I can't even see a brass section in that video (though I can hear it). That's kind of weird now that I think about it.
by Bagheera
Sat May 20, 2017 11:43 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels
Replies: 526
Views: 53519

Re: [Film] Prometheus + Sequels

^Of course, the flip side to that runs something like this: Prometheus fanboys are unwilling or unable to see the flaws in their beloved movie, and they dismiss any and all criticism leveled at it no matter how legitimate or well-supported. They've decided the movie is the greatest thing ever and si...
by Bagheera
Sat May 20, 2017 4:28 am
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: These Moons Were Made For Walking (Weird Image Thread 8)
Replies: 648
Views: 37050

Re: These Moons Were Made For Walking (Weird Image Thread 8)

pwhodges#861014 wrote:
Colours and their names designed by a neural network trained using real colour cards:  SPOILER: Show
Image

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/an-ai-invented-a-bunch-of-new-paint-colors-that-are-hilariously-wrong/


I'm surprised at how muted and bland they all are.
by Bagheera
Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm
Forum: Evangelion Chit-Chat
Topic: What are some of the good traits you can say about Asuka?
Replies: 11
Views: 303

Re: What are some of the good traits you can say about Asuka?

So what are some of the positive things you can say about her? She's brilliant and beautiful and proud and defiant and fierce. She isn't particularly nice, but I don't care -- I appreciate her as a character, not as a life partner. And I honestly feel bad for anyone who can't see any value in a per...
by Bagheera
Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero Films & TV
Replies: 1981
Views: 95449

Re: Superhero Films & TV

Chuckman#860993 wrote:I found the Ultimate version sloppy and confusing.


Well, Ultimates. The project was helmed by Mark Millar, so it could hardly be anything but.
by Bagheera
Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 pm
Forum: Evangelion Chit-Chat
Topic: Misato as Nerv Tactical Operations Officer
Replies: 21
Views: 432

Re: Misato as Nerv Tactical Operations Officer

If a virus invades your computer, do you call a tactical general or an IT technician? If I'm in the military I call my CO and do what he tells me to do. Mind you, with policy being what it is I have a pretty good idea what he'll tell me to do, but I run it by him first since he's in charge. That's ...
by Bagheera
Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Superhero Films & TV
Replies: 1981
Views: 95449

Re: Superhero Films & TV

Chuckman#860976 wrote:I'd love it if the have Sgt. Rock and the Howling Commandos in there.


Think you're mixing people together. Sgt. Rock worked with Easy Company, and was a DC character. The Howling Commandos worked with Sgt. Fury and were Marvel characters.

Go to advanced search