Search found 1616 matches

by DarkBluePhoenix
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: FML general thread [8]
Replies: 982
Views: 78162

Re: FML general thread [8]

What's Camembert? Is it like caramel?

cyharding wrote:That's like the front end of your car getting totaled because you ran into a bouncy house.

That is a Grade A certified analogy right there.
by DarkBluePhoenix
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:17 am
Forum: Evangelion Discussion
Topic: Was Yui nearly as bad as Gendo?
Replies: 28
Views: 3183

Re: Was Yui nearly as bad as Gendo?

^ I still think the least ego-trip decision that could have been made was to avoid 3I entirely. She still has the arrogance to believe that the world needs to be improved in some by allowing instrumentality to occur, and leaving the decision in the hands of an unstable, depressed, and somewhat venge...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread
Replies: 720
Views: 54317

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

Chuckman#883033 wrote:My personal favorite of his is Sleepy Hollow.

Well, I always loved the Sherlockian angle he took with the story, and the change in profession for Crane from school teacher to police constable. It made the story far more enjoyable, and the movie really benefitted from that change.
by DarkBluePhoenix
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: Welcome to Night Vale (Because No Else Has, Yet)
Replies: 20
Views: 2993

Re: Welcome to Night Vale (Because No Else Has, Yet)

Yeah, this week's episode I. Listened to about ten minutes after it went up, so that's a new record for me. Yeah, I missed hearing Cecil, especially after three weeks of that extra creepy shit from Kevin. It was very odd because that trilogy mirrored the beginning few episodes of Night Vale episodes...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread
Replies: 720
Views: 54317

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

You're absolutely right. Batman and Batman Returns were great films because of the use of practical effects and real set locations. They were also great films because of Michael Keaton, because we can't forget that. But CGI allows for so much more to be done outside a studio it can let the imaginati...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:34 am
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: News [NO POLITICS]
Replies: 419
Views: 40428

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

Could we have some TOPIC in here for a bit, and take the rest to PMs? Sorry, that's kinda my fault -o-; So, uhm... I hope coming-outs are not considered politics? I think they shouldn't be, especially in sports. So this time it's Paola Egonu, Italian volleyball player . But hey, guess why I link th...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 am
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread
Replies: 720
Views: 54317

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

^ You never go full Burton... :lol:
by DarkBluePhoenix
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 am
Forum: Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]
Topic: Shin Eva - Official Social Media
Replies: 906
Views: 87877

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

SEELE-01#882998 wrote:Wait... Than what have the past 6 years been then? :huh:

That's the joke, and you just said the punchline ^_^

Honestly, who here wouldn't want to get drunk with Misato?
by DarkBluePhoenix
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:24 am
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]
Replies: 1154
Views: 108122

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

You’re making me feel like a slouch. I only have two. What are they in? Uuuhh~~ extended, you say? :nyao: I'm sure that didn't feed the conspiracy theories at all, lol. Yeah, it did... which isn't the least bit shocking. Conspiracy theories… feeding those can sometimes be a better option. We have s...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 am
Forum: Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]
Topic: Shin Eva - Official Social Media
Replies: 906
Views: 87877

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

^ I don't think anything with EVA is ever that straightforward :emogendo:
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 pm
Forum: Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]
Topic: Shin Eva - Official Social Media
Replies: 906
Views: 87877

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Perhaps they are telling us (or warning us subtlety) to expect delays with Final... :hitthetable:
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: News [NO POLITICS]
Replies: 419
Views: 40428

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

^ It may no longer exist with that name, especially if it's in an area that was in the former German Empire. But I'm sure some careful research could help you find the village. Oh, and since you both put me in a good mood - heh, too good perhaps - is there anything in the way of making some operatio...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]
Replies: 1154
Views: 108122

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

^ All but a few, the rest are due to be released on 2021, unless the deadline is extended again.
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm
Forum: Film and Video
Topic: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread
Replies: 720
Views: 54317

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

When I heard about this project and the upcoming Sonic... thing, I knew they had to be either great or terrible. It's just a trailer but this honestly looks like it could be what Ready Player One tried and failed to be. That would be nice, considering Ready Player One? was a big lost opportunity in...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm
Forum: Evangelion Chit-Chat
Topic: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)
Replies: 1397
Views: 104481

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

child of Lilith wrote:Now that one's super cute!
Joseki wrote:Shinji is a lucky boy.

Yes, Shinji is a lucky boy  SPOILER: Show
Image
So very lucky  SPOILER: Show
Image
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]
Replies: 1154
Views: 108122

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

^ Very true, there are still documents from WWII from various governments about cryptoanalysis that are still classified, and documents surrounding Kennedy's assassination as well. Though don't get me wrong, there are many things that are declassified, just the more "sensitive" things are ...
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: News [NO POLITICS]
Replies: 419
Views: 40428

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

This is a very informative conversation, thank you ErgoProxy! I've learned quite a bit, as robersora said, this kind of explanation is harder to find online or in a library, and I do love learning about the world too.
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:28 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: FML general thread [8]
Replies: 982
Views: 78162

Re: FML general thread [8]

^ That sucks, and I know the feeling, happened to me last year for a good four months. Feel better soon, and drink lots of orange juice ^_^
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:25 pm
Forum: Completely and Utterly Off-Topic
Topic: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]
Replies: 1154
Views: 108122

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

^ Yeah, it's an interesting field to say the least. Expecially when classes are conducted by the professor from outside the country or they can't tell you a lot about their job because it's classified.

Blockio wrote:Whoa, that is AWESOME! Good on you, buddy!

Thanks Blockio ^_^
by DarkBluePhoenix
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:00 am
Forum: Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]
Topic: Shin Eva - Official Social Media
Replies: 906
Views: 87877

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

^ I think the middle is Mari without her glasses, the hair and eyes seem right.

Go to advanced search