Are we allowed make complaints?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Are we allowed make complaints?

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:05 pm

I would like to know if I'm allowed make complaints, about staff or otherwise, in this forum? Or is it something of an unspoken rule that openly criticising or complaing about mod behavious is just not a good thing?

Thanks.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 pm

I can't even tell whether you're stealth trolling or not, but i'll bite. Yes. This isn't called the feedback board for nothing. Fire away.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:11 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:I can't even tell whether you're stealth trolling or not, but i'll bite. Yes. This isn't called the feedback board for nothing. Fire away.

Nah, I'm not trolling. Why does everyone use that word so much?

But am I really allowed complain? Or will I just get in trouble? I know that there are many forums whose staff members get incredibly offended when criticised, and I wouldn't want to go offending any staff member on here.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Say your piece, don't beat about the bush.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:14 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedback

Yes.

This isn't the congratulatory board, this is the feedback board
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:21 pm

I'll say I wish people had constructively articulated criticisms regarding staff, etc., rather than making surly Anonymous posts at NGE image boards.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

House rules

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:23 pm

http://www.evamonkey.com/forum_rules.php
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Reichu wrote:I'll say I wish people had constructively articulated criticisms regarding staff, etc., rather than making surly Anonymous posts at NGE image boards.

But those anonymous NGE pictures are always way more fun.

Mr Tines wrote:http://www.evamonkey.com/forum_rules.php

Since Eva Monkey Forum is now dead, and this is Eva Geeks, perhaps an entire reworking of forum rules (e.g. sig images, who is banned, what is allowed, etc.) is in order?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Are we allowed make complaints?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:Can I make complaints about staff?

If this were still under Eva Monkey, I would prefer it brought to me through private channels rather than aired out in public. But as I'm not in sole control, and Rachel is back now, I'll simply suggest that you be tactful when stating whatever issues you have with specific individuals that are working on the site. Not to say that we'll ban you for sassing us, but it's just not constructive to do so. Not to mention that I prefer not to see gripe-fests on this board.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:42 pm

Why not sure use the om function and pm what ever admins you dont have an issue with.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:But am I really allowed complain? Or will I just get in trouble? I know that there are many forums whose staff members get incredibly offended when criticised, and I wouldn't want to go offending any staff member on here.

It helps to make your criticism constructive, but if that's just not possible, then try to get to the point with the minimum of fuss. This is moreso that any complaints boards does not get used as a no holds barred flaming ground, rather than somethign to spare the mods or admins feelings.

But I think any public complaints should be restricted to moderators and admins only. If you want to complain about a regular board member, do so in a PM. This place is for evangelion discussion, not personal warfare.

I'm sure we'll eventually get around to setting up a proper complaints procedure. The boards do need a place where users can publicly raise concerns. Until then just raise any concern in this forum I'd say.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Okay, thanks for the assistance. I think it's probably a good idea just to contact an admin via PM for complaints about staff, actually. Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”