A specific set of Neon Genesis Evangelion subs

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

whd877
Embryo

A specific set of Neon Genesis Evangelion subs

•      
  •      

Postby whd877 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:02 am

Hello. I haven't used a forum in quite some time, it's nostalgic. Anyway, I've been rewatching NGE on kissanime ru to prepare for tomorrow's End of Evangelion American screening. I really enjoy the translation on offer here,
[link redacted]
but some episodes (10, 15, 16, and now 24) are unavailable. You can head over to nyaa and download some BD release, but I much prefer these subtitles on this kissanime release. It's a very negligible preference; the subtitles convey the same meaning:
Eva Unit 04, which was being built in America,

vs the kissanime's
Eva Unit 04, under development in Nevada

The above two lines are from one of the "next time" segments. There's also this example from episode 23, at 6:01:
Target approaching. It has passed the Gora Final Line of Defense

vs kiss anime's
Target's approaching and is passed the Gora Final Interception Line

but it's all these little differences that add up and make a more substantial viewing experience for me. Does anyone know who is behind these kissanime subs and where I can attain the full set? I've asked elsewhere and it's already been ruled to not be the Central Anime (aka OPDR), the 2D4U / ADV subs, nor Netflix subtitles, nor is it ADV Platinum, ADV Perfect Collection, or the Khara subs. Does anyone know who did this kissanime set, and does anyone have it? Thank you for reading.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: A specific set of Neon Genesis Evangelion subs

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:17 am

I think those are the zx subs. There are still zx dls available.

Paul
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re: A specific set of Neon Genesis Evangelion subs

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:51 am

IIRC Kissanime was using Central Anime, yes. Which is a very old fansub and full of problems. Nowadays you should always give preference to Khara's own sub, and after that ADV Platinum.

http://cassland.org/misc/Scripts&Subs.zip

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”