What fictional character(s) would you like to see pilot an Eva?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

What fictional character(s) would you like to see pilot an Eva?

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 pm

It doesn't even have to be a character from NGE, just any fictional character(s). Who would you want to see "get in the robot"?

I've been finding my thoughts wierdly preoccupied with the idea of Damien Thorn from The Omen series piloting an Eva. I think I first started thinking about this after re-watching The Omen 2 and realizing that Damien, who is 12 in the film, is very close to the age range from which Eva pilots are selected. Seeing as how both series are apocalypse scenarios, my imagination went from there.

He'd likely be selected a couple of years after the events of The Omen 2, so he'd be 14. Damien, being the antichrist and biological son of Satan, would likely have abilities that give him a significant edge over other pilots. I see him having a naturally high sync ratio, as well as the Kaworu-like ability to sync with an Eva without actually being inside it. His established ability to overthrow and control the minds of animals lends credence to this. His powers could actually endanger him, though. If the angels are able to sense his diabolical nature, they might very well prioritize him as their primary target. Damien also might be able to control his Eva's berserker state, essentially turning it on and off at will.

As for relationships with the others, Damien would probably be closest to Touji and Kensuke. Kensuke in particular would probably look up to him as a hero, due to his skill with the Eva and his love of piloting it. I think Damien would see Shinji as kind of a joke, and would largely ignore him. His closeness with Touji and Kensuke could also drive a wedge between them and Shinji. Rei he would be mostly be indifferent towards, only taking an interest in her from a biological and genetic perspective. He would see Gendo as a rival of all things, because Gendo has power, and power is the one thing Damien craves. He might even try to assassinate Gendo later in the series, assuming he could do it without incriminating himself. He would be sexually interested in Misato, possibly to the point of trying to hit on her. He would most likely hate Kaworu, due to Kaworu being an angel and thus the biggest threat to him inside the Geofront. I can see Damien glaring maliciously at him as they pass in a corridor, while Kaworu has no idea what's going on. What would be most interesting would be his relationship with Asuka, because it could go either way. She might hate him for being better than her. Or, she might become romantically obsessed with him since she seems to prefer mature, take-charge guys (and Damien certainly fits that category). They could develop a serious romantic relationship.

Overall, I'd say Damien would do well in NERV, at least until his bloodwork results came back. Ritsuko would probably have an 'unfortunate accident' after seeing he has jackal DNA.
[Redacted]

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

Re: What fictional character(s) would you like to see pilot an Eva?

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:41 am

Misato, since she was rescued from Antarctica in a capsule that looks like an entry plug, I think she would be able to synchronize easily with an Eva containing her father's spirit much the same way Yui's spirit helps Shinji synchronize.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:09 am

View Original Postjeffythedragonslayer wrote:Misato, since she was rescued from Antarctica in a capsule that looks like an entry plug, I think she would be able to synchronize easily with an Eva containing her father's spirit much the same way Yui's spirit helps Shinji synchronize.

I've thought about Misato before, it would definitely be cool to see her as a pilot. Another neat one would be Gendo, but 3.0+1.11 already gave us that, which was pretty cool.
[Redacted]

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:01 pm

Luigi. He would be so scared XD! It would be funny to watch.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:14 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Luigi. He would be so scared XD! It would be funny to watch.

Yeah for sure. :bawl: :shifty:

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:05 am

Tanya Degurechaff - Just imagine her taking orders from Gendo, Haha, or her interactions with the other pilots.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:02 am

This might sound stupid but I can't help but imagine Konata Izumi
Again I know that sounds stupid but with her love of anime and being a hardcore Otaku, I would not be surprised if she ends up piloting an Eva even if it's for a gag or for a bit.
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:03 am

(this is an aside - you don't need to preface everything with justifying why you like something that you like. We're all nerds here, if someone gives you grief for enjoying a thing that is not """high art""" or some other drool like that, they will quickly find themselves out of friends)
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”