FPS for Evangelion Intro?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TheOGBingus
Embryo

FPS for Evangelion Intro?

•      
  •      

Postby TheOGBingus » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:22 pm

I'm doing a pixel art version of the Evangelion intro, and want to make it as close to the original as possible. Could anyone tell me what the frame rate is? (If you can in milliseconds, thats cool too!) Thanks! :3

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: FPS for Evangelion Intro?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 pm

All of Eva is done in 24fps, the cinema standard. :)

As for keyframes, that depends on the shot. But it was always shot at 24.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:28 pm

So, that would be 41.67 milliseconds.

BobbyDV303
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BobbyDV303 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:05 pm

Even measuring it by a trained eye and by software, one can confidently tell that the celluloid film tops out at 24 FPS. But much like AKIRA before it, not every object within a scene will necessarily target that framerate. A character could be moving or talking at 12 FPS, smoke particles at 4 or 8 FPS, and a flying object at the full 24 FPS. Or the "camera" its self, whenever there is a panning shot. That will pretty much always demonstrate the maximum framerate.

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a pixel art version of the television series opener with such intent on maintaining authenticity! Wherever that may be posted.
'Ojcze nasz, który jesteś w niebie, niech się święci imię Twoje!'

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”