Have you read spoilers or what?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Have you read spoilers or what?

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 am

Yeah, so I'm fairly certain that the majority of the community here has not traveled to Japan to see rebuild. That said, have most of you read spoilers and reviews? I, for one, have been waiting for a subbed torrent to come out, but that seems like it could be awhile in the making. I haven't read any reviews or spoilers of plot changes or details.

Am I in the minority here?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:21 am

I would guess that you are very much in the minority. The new Angel of Doom trailer has loads of spoilers, and I've read pretty much every review I could find.

I intended on waiting for a subbed version, too. But, as you can see, I didn't last very long!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:55 am

I've read and watched everything that has came out.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 am

Spoilers one hundred percent okay for me on Rebuild. Same for Halo 3, which releases today (I like spoilers :twisted: )
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am

Yep, i'm such a sucker for spoilers!

And seeing some posts around this section, i can say that you are in the minority slothen.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:58 am

Not really bothered by spoilers since this volume probably wasn't going to diverge from the anime a lot anyway. I might resist for the subsequent volumes if it looks like they'll be making significant changes.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:10 am

I came home from vacation, clicked on to A Certain Board, couldn't unsee the [ SPOILER ] DUDE, KAWORU'S ON THE MOON [ / SPOILER] in huge glaring capitals in the middle of the page, and just gave up trying to hide after that. :lol:

I was going to try and hide from 2.0 spoilers, but honestly, the speculation is far too much fun. I've found with certain other series that I follow/have followed (The Tsubasa manga at the moment, and the FMA anime in the past) that trying to avoid spoilers whilst maintaining an active internet presence is more stressful than just giving in and being spoiled. :roll:
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Sandoz
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Sandoz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:09 am

I've spoiled myself rotten. I'm impatient, and it's not as if I'm unfamiliar with the characters or very basic storyline, anyway.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Have you read spoilers or what?

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:57 pm

slothen wrote:Am I in the minority here?
You and I both, apparently. I've avoided spoilers like the plague, I want to savor it when I see it. Right now, I possess an iron will, but I know after I see 1.0 and 2.0 I'll be scuttling everywhere for info on 3.0 and 4.0. For now, at least, I'm resisting well.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:17 pm

You can put me in the same category as fadingreminder and slothen when it comes to avoiding spoilers.

I do so because I do not want to be disappointed by giving my hopes up. I also try to keep my expectations low.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:13 pm

I have also been avoiding spoilers, hence my almost complete lack of posts in the Rebuild forum. What's the point of knowing everything that happens in a movie before you see it? Why even bother watching it?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Well, it looks and sounds fucking awesome.

I'd be religiously avoiding spoilers as well, and I will for 2.0, unless somehow I find myself back in Japan next year.

Naz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Naz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:20 pm

I haven't watched anything but the very first trailer ^_^
N|Naz

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:37 pm

Attention those avoiding spoilers

[spoiler]Snape kills Trinity with Rosebud!!![/spoiler]

Ok, I lied... Misato does it.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:50 am

cat42 wrote:Ok, I lied... Misato does it.
If we're talking about the same thing it said on the Nerv bathroom wall, then WOW!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:15 pm

Seeing as I've already listened to (like, several times already ^^; ) the Rebuild 1.0 audio, I've been spoiling myself silly with reading things about it.

Though I hope to keep myself Spoiler-free with 2.0 and the rest. Meh. We'll see.

After all, this is coming from the Fan who read all of Evaotaku FAQ and Guide to Evangelion before she even WATCHED Eva (as well as watching some episodes, including EoE out of order) and yet was STILL puzzled at both endings. ^_^; ("Like both, but...seriously. WTF did I just watch?? O_o")
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 pm

I read almost all the spoilers
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

destroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby destroyer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:45 am

i read the spoilers basically because i didn't think it would be too different until the last movie. i feel like i was really really really wrong now.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:24 pm

goddamn when will i be able to see it? driving me crazy..
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

JP
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JP » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Spoiler, Sachiel dies.

:roll:

No, but you know what I mean. There's not much that I consider "spoilers". I eagerly await anything new about the films.
The pregnancy is now absolute.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”