[REBUILD] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

[REBUILD] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:41 pm

I don't believe there's an article dedicated to discussion of Wevangeliwon's ending yet, which makes sense since it's so far off.

The only clues we have toward Rebuild's ending are these:

1) It's going to be different from NGE's ending
2) Rebuild is supposedly going to be closer to the original plan for NGE
3) NGE's originally planned ending was vaguely hinted at in the Proposal.
4) Evangelion has begun in mostly the same way, implying that the conclusion may well be one that is similar to an idea Anno had during the original show's development.

So, where does this bring us? The only idea we can extrapolate from this is that of Arka. Yes, I do want to see the Arka ending. Why? Mainly because it's the only way I'll probably ever get to see what Old Century Evangelion's original ending was planned as. Two, because the ruins of an ancient city are the type of thing that intrigue me. We have already seen hints about twelve Angels coming from the moon (the coffin-thing), so I think it may well be possible that we'll get to see Arka.

Besides, anything other than Arka, and there's nothing to discuss because there's really no evidence toward anything else.

machinamar
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby machinamar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Well, you're probably right about the Arqa thing.

Also, I remember reading a prediction that Shinji would find happiness in this one (and not ambiguous happiness/hope, a la End of Eva interpretations) seeing as Anno himself is much more content now than he was when Eva first started production, or something like that. Seems likely, no?

As a side note, isn't Arqa a reference to one of the sections in the Garden of Eden or something? I recall looking it up (since it was referenced in Persona 3 ... I wasn't lying, indigoangel, that game does rock!) and seeing something about that.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Don't you guys mean Aluka?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:01 pm

No, I think we mean Arkos.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:09 pm

How certain are you guys on this name anyway? :?

My SAUCE on this:
http://www.windsong.demon.co.uk/nge/manyworlds.html

The page/site was/is run by Tines-ojichan, don't cha know.

Anywho, this is still as a good a possibility as any at this point.

Typhus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Typhus » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Its to soon to gess how its going to end we arent even half way threw the rebuild movies

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:30 pm

Stuff will happen. And it will be weird.

perfected_sound
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby perfected_sound » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 am

It will be hella weird, and I can't remember the last time a work of art made me feel this excited.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:46 am

What the hell? I've never heard of Arkos, Aluka, Aribica, whatever... Aqua sucks. I need some background information on this... Can anyone give me a good link or article or is it on Tines' site?

Cone
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:35 am

oooookay... I just read some of the tine´s website´s theories, and I just feel dizzy... o.O

BUT

Even thou I think some of the stuff he said are waaay too.... "psichadelic"... I saw the "original" storyline, and just felt that ot would be cool to see this "aluka" and... Specially the part that shows a overpower angel descending from the moon and destroying everything...

I think it would give a nice insight on how "powerless" the humanity really is.
I thought I knew something about Eva... Poor kid... <=)

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: [REBUILD] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:20 am

NAveryW wrote:So, where does this bring us? The only idea we can extrapolate from this is that of Arka. Yes, I do want to see the Arka ending. Why? Mainly because it's the only way I'll probably ever get to see what Old Century Evangelion's original ending was planned as. Two, because the ruins of an ancient city are the type of thing that intrigue me. We have already seen hints about twelve Angels coming from the moon (the coffin-thing), so I think it may well be possible that we'll get to see Arka.
I think that the Geofront came to take the place of "Arka" as the ancient relic of the extra-terrestrial Intelligence in the story as it evolved from the Proposal. Note the reference to the "laboratory" (i.e. the site of the ruins), which I would guess, became the Artificial Evolution Laboratory...

...in the series as we know it (admittedly, the AEL is a lot less significant to the plot in the actual series, than the "laboratory" seems to have been in the Proposal).

With Lililth still down in Terminal Dogma, etc, in Rebuild, I don't see much room plotwise for a role for any ancient city of Arka. I'll be very, very surprised if it comes up in any way at all in Rebuild.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 am

Wow... just... wow...
That's all some completely new and exciting to me. Like, giddy-inducing. Those are some crazy possibilities and I love the new information there. Bookmark'd!

Tines, you freakin rock!

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:03 am

I tried finding information on this aluka arkos stuff and could not find anything about it?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

EvaCub wrote:I tried finding information on this aluka arkos stuff and could not find anything about it?

As far as NGE goes, the Newtype article with the transcript of the proposal is about it. Reichu found a match (as Arka) in some qabbalistic source (post probably in the archival material taken from ANF, since it doesn't seem to be here).

A quick Google suggests that the word has hooks in the New Age community; and that it may mean something like "essential fire"/"The Sun" in Sanskrit.

fadingreminder wrote:Wow... just... wow...

*blush*

Just so long as you clearly keep the distinction between the scrapbook "many worlds" page which collates material by others, from my own offbeat (eschaton) or somewhat heterodox (Asuka's Complementation) speculations.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:42 pm

WOW, I never even noticed how similar that symbol was to the Seele emblem until just now. O_O

See, Rebuild had better have a ton of crap like this. Make the main plotline more accessible to general audiences, sure, but LEAVE IN THOSE DETAILS that make you go, "Hey! I didn't notice that the past <any> times I watched this!"

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

So what exactly is this Arkos thing?

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:18 pm

thedarkorb wrote:So what exactly is this Arkos thing?
1. go to http://www.windsong.demon.co.uk/nge/manyworlds.html
2. scroll down to episode 25
3. read
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Ah I see. Thanks

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm

the Newtype article with the transcript of the proposal is about it.

HAY I didn't notice any proposal transcripts in any of my USA Newtypes. That makes me sad. :(

Anyway, though at first I was thinking it would be going down the original route of the series initial end, I kinda doubt it seeing at there are only 12 Angels (left after Sachiel, Shamsel and Ramiel? ignore my shitty spelling), making those the ones that'll attack Tokyo-3 and get their asses whooped.

Though it IS too early to tell what's gonna go down ending-wise, I admit that this idea overall would be kinda cool, if done right (e.g: done in a more interesting way then I'm coming up with).

Enjoy (or not), what I think would be cool to happen! (Oh, and standard disclaimer of some A/Sness towards end.)

For Gawd knows whatever reason, Lilith aka Rei 3 decided to set things back to the beginning, as it were, before Shinji arrives in Tokyo-3 and the Third Angel Sachiel attacks. The fact Shinji is already having those visions of Rei 3 talking with him inside the Personal Hell train-car could be a clue to this.

Anyway, stuff happens: Asuka arrives (yay ^_^), Touji gets injured in the activation experiment with Unit 03. Glasses Girl is the Pilot for one of those other Units, e.g: Unit 04 or 05. She dies somehow in battle, being the only real calm and normal member of the cast. :twisted:

Shinji begins to slowly lose it with all of this happening, though one good thing is Toji isn't mad at him for what happened (he actually has the guts to visit the boy in the hospital, surprised to walk in and see Hikari secretly feeding Toji the lunch she made for him ;)). Kensuke's jealous that he couldn't become an Eva Pilot, but seeing what Glasses Girl went through and having gotten a crush on her(??), he finally realizes things like battle isn't a mere game.

With Unit 06 arriving from the Moon, perhaps Kaworu/Adam arrives as well, and is designated to be the 5th Children for it?

Because the Angels seem more bad-ass this time around, Asuka gets injured in a battle protecting Shinji (just for shits and giggles to go along with one of the original episode's idea) while Rei 2 dies. Asuka of course is pissed at Shinji for acting so weak, and yup, they still have their love-hate relationship. (Unknown to either of them, Rei 3 arrives.)

Feeling extremely guilty, Shinji decides to take the outboard train from Tokyo-3 ala Episode 19 (Misato doesn't bother stopping him since he really thinks that's what's best), but he runs into somebody that convinces him to stay and find his worth HERE, with people who clearly care for him: the 5th Children, who instantly becomes best buddies with him.

Shinji stays and just when things to be becoming better (Misato is able to be more of a mother-figure, and Big Irony Bomb doesn't occur(?) because Kaji somehow isn't killed), despite the increasingly difficult Angel Attacks, it's discovered Kaworu's the Final Angel. Maybe Rei actually would do more this time around instead of just using her A.T. Field?

Throughout all this, we get some more information about the FAR this time around, as well as the relationship between Lilith and Adam. ;)

Although Shinji feels terribly depressed at having killed Kaworu, he's somehow able to pull himself together for the time being and prevent Asuka, Misato and Kaji from getting killed. Kaworu managed to give Shinji some strength to realize he was doing the right thing, with continuing to protect Earth and trying to find some Happiness.

Anyway, Third Impact and Pre-Instrumentality occurs, but it's played out different in terms of what we see. Shinji finally loses in during Instrumentality. Lilith, Adam and Yui are still the ones that brought it about though, it being stated as a means to get that done and over with, as well as wanting to show Shinji that life IS worth living. The end result of Shinji rejecting it because individual existence is teh shit, however, remains the same.

Yui-sama is revealed to become the next generation Source of Life and NOT a testament to humanity's existence. Gendou is somehow able to tag along with her.

We see Shinji arriving on the beach JUST AFTER he returns, but getting the strongest sense of deja vu, having already been here, and seeing the red waters/red streak around the Moon, Shinji freaks out and faints.

Waking up, he's surprised to find himself laying in bed, Asuka at his side. She asks if he's okay, and he says he is. "Asuka...what happened?" "Huh? Don't you remember? After we", she sighed, "Painfully reconciled, for lack of a better term, we feel asleep due to exhaustion. After waking up, you brought us to the place you've been staying at upon returning."

He's only half-listening, though, as he notices something out of the corner of his eye.

In a wastebasket are Asuka's bandages (her body was healed upon returning and all), her plug-suit neatly folded on the floor. And nearby on the nightstand is...Misato's Cross Pendent.

With the sudden realization that everything he just "went through" was a dream--but that he still managed to get through it all despite his struggles--Shinji starts to smile. He suddenly kisses her and she smiles back.
Holding Asuka's hand, Shinji says something about knowing that he's more than capable of liking himself and finding happiness.

Fade to black. The End.

Oh, and if any of these predictions/thoughts of mine come true, I'm going to be creeped out. :shock:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 pm

You have some interesting ideas, Sailor, but in my opinion, there should never be an overt romantic relationship between Shinji and anyone else. It is one of those things that should definitely remain ambiguous. Though it was certainly hinted that he had more feelings toward Asuka than anyone else, you just take away one of Evangelion's special things if you take away that ambiguity. Yeah, yeah, causes more pain, whatever.

For some reason, though, I really love the line "Painfully reconciled, for lack of a better term, we feel asleep due to exhaustion. After waking up, you brought us to the place you've been staying at upon returning." It feels strangely poetic for some reason, though that's not really the way Asuka talks.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”