SELENE probe launched to recover Lance of Longinus from Moon

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

SELENE probe launched to recover Lance of Longinus from Moon

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:25 pm

TOKYO - Japan's space agency launched its much-delayed lunar probe Friday, beginning what it calls the largest mission to the moon since the U.S. Apollo flights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070914/ap_on_re_as/japan_moon_probe_2

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:53 pm

*Gasp* Oh noes!

That's interesting news, though. Thanks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 am

OH SHI-
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Image They're shooting a bunch of probes at the moon. Not all that new or exciting.

Might have been worth talking about if they did this when they first planned to, i.e before the US let a few probe scurry around Mars.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:30 am

Don't you see!? They're establishing their moonbase there!!

No. 44
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby No. 44 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm

didnt Bush want to establish a moonbase before the war?
the threat must be physically annihilated @#$%!

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 pm

No. 44 wrote:didnt Bush want to establish a moonbase before the war?

Yeah...like regan started the "Star Wars" thing...What is with american presidents and outer space?
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm

^I blame this guy^
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

rival countries beginning space exploration and colonization? one step closer to a real life Gundam-verse. Sieg Zeon!
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:25 am

He said he wanted America to return to the moon by 2020, and make it to Mars by like 2050 or something.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:17 pm

TriLink wrote:

He said he wanted America to return to the moon by 2020, and make it to Mars by like 2050 or something.

Every president says something to that effect, and then never makes it a priority for the Congress. Our elected representatives treat NASA as a porkbarrel project, which is why it gets tragically underfunded every year. I suspect that the Space Shuttle got funded mostly because the military needed a manned heavy-lift space vehicle. The International Space Station was supposed to have been called "Space Station Freedom" and to have been built during the Reagan administration as a counterpoint to Mir (I still have books from my childhood that made me expect it to be fully operational by 1992 or so).

Also, because most people seem to think that NASA's budget is the same size as the entire Department of Defense.

If we were really planning on getting to Mars, we would be planning to land there by 2015, not 2030, and actually funding what NASA needs for human spaceflight. Twenty years from now, most of the current politicians will be out of office and won't have to answer to why we couldn't do it.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Fuck that, we need to fund some sort of killer asteroid search and destroy program.

Seriously. In the chance that a killer asteroid DOES come into a direct collision course with Earth, chances are that it will be too late before we even notice it. SPECIES SURVIVAL TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, PEOPLE.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Humans are too short-sighted and narrow-minded to care.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 pm

chee wrote:Fuck that, we need to fund some sort of killer asteroid search and destroy program.

Seriously. In the chance that a killer asteroid DOES come into a direct collision course with Earth, chances are that it will be too late before we even notice it. SPECIES SURVIVAL TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, PEOPLE.
people are actually working on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_deflection_strategies
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm sorry, but I thought that there was already a program designed to prevent mass death and destruction from an asteroid: the human instrumentality project.

Ooh, now I got an idea for a discussion forum topic!
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 pm

chee wrote:Seriously. In the chance that a killer asteroid DOES come into a direct collision course with Earth, chances are that it will be too late before we even notice it. SPECIES SURVIVAL TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERYTHING ELSE, PEOPLE.

Getting off the planet would be a good start in preserving the species in case a giant asteroid does destroy the earth.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:33 pm

The Bastard King wrote:I'm sorry, but I thought that there was already a program designed to prevent mass death and destruction from an asteroid: the human instrumentality project.

You made my people I do not take seriously list real quick! Congradulations!
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:04 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Getting off the planet would be a good start in preserving the species in case a giant asteroid does destroy the earth.

Yes it would.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
The Bastard King wrote:I'm sorry, but I thought that there was already a program designed to prevent mass death and destruction from an asteroid: the human instrumentality project.

You made my people I do not take seriously list real quick! Congradulations!

I'm sorry, I thought I did that when I made you cry at THAT BOARD a while back. :wink:

Sending manned mission to other planets is silly unless we are doing so to establish residence. We've already established what effects temperatures, radiation, and gravity (not o mention lack of oxygen) will have on human bodies out there. So unless this is a simple case of the Japanese being into the fake moon landing conspiracy and wanting to find out for themselves, this is simply a waste of millions of dollars so they can say "we dunnit 2, 1 stp clser 2 After Colony 1XX.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:47 am

The Bastard King wrote:I'm sorry, I thought I did that when I made you cry at THAT BOARD a while back. :wink:

Different person, I don't post there...

Return to “Fan Works”