Soul Imprinting Process

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:21 pm

I had figured I was missing some crucial piece of evidence regarding the Mass-Produced Eva's souls, oh well.

As for Lilith's soul being in multiple places at once, that's exactly what I've been arguing against the whole time.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:04 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Lilith's soul can be in more than one place at a time, (multiple Reis collecting souls simultaneously), so Lilith's soul could still be in Lilith, along with Rei and Unit-00, even without the soul severability theory. Presumably the same would apply to Adam's soul.

If Lilith still had her soul, why didn't she regenerate her legs of her own accord? In my "Birth of EVA-01" theory, I postulated that she didn't because her soul was removed before she could.

This brings to mind another annoying matter... We are told that Adam's soul resides in Kaworu alone, yet Kaji says that Adam's embryo (which we thus know is soulless) has "restored itself". Lilith is completely inert after losing her soul; shouldn't the same be true for Adam?

Also, as I have said before, I would be wary about assuming that Anno borrows the mechanics of souls in NGE directly from Judaic lore. The soul imprint theory that I've been regurgitating (Dr. Nick's, following up on MDWig's ideas) has merit, in that it tries to get to the bottom of a rather important question: If, in Yui's Contact Experiment, her entire soul being absorbed was an "accident", what was Gehirn (Yui's intentions nonwithstanding) really trying to do?

thewayneiac
Committeeman
Committeeman

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:09 pm

Reichu wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:Lilith's soul can be in more than one place at a time, (multiple Reis collecting souls simultaneously), so Lilith's soul could still be in Lilith, along with Rei and Unit-00, even without the soul severability theory. Presumably the same would apply to Adam's soul.

If Lilith still had her soul, why didn't she regenerate her legs of her own accord? In my "Birth of EVA-01" theory, I postulated that she didn't because her soul was removed before she could.

This brings to mind another annoying matter... We are told that Adam's soul resides in Kaworu alone, yet Kaji says that Adam's embryo (which we thus know is soulless) has "restored itself". Lilith is completely inert after losing her soul; shouldn't the same be true for Adam?

Not neccessarily, because Adam has an S2 and Lilith doesn't.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:36 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Not neccessarily, because Adam has an S2 and Lilith doesn't.

Ah, right. Duh me. :P

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:07 pm

I wonder if the creaters of NGE knew this was going to happen(all the questions about eva and teens and 20yr olds hungering for anwcers)
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”