Evasophy - A to be 5 part evangelion analysis featuring philosophers such as Hegel, Stirner, Freud, Zivek and more

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Xistence
Embryo

Evasophy - A to be 5 part evangelion analysis featuring philosophers such as Hegel, Stirner, Freud, Zivek and more

•      
  •      

Postby Xistence » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:14 pm

My friend is making a 5 part evangelion analysis series. He is big into post-modern philosophy and psycho analysis and whatnot, and we're 99% sure that Hegel (or his Japanese equivalent, forget his name) inspired eva.
First part is about Hegel's world spirit vs Stirner's unique individuality. https://youtu.be/Dvk5BnMdXcc
The second part is about Freud, psycho analysis and death drive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RxlCYeubBE

LPeyrani
Embryo

Re: Evasophy - A to be 5 part evangelion analysis featuring philosophers such as Hegel, Stirner, Freud, Zivek and more

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 pm

In my not-so-humble opinion, these videos are not interesting. The thinkers analized are well-known and their presentation is superficial, with the result of maximum boredom. It is apparent that there is no direct knowledge of the works of the authors but just of readings by others (see Zizek). Moreover, the connection to Eva is auxiliary and not structural. I won't go on, the intention was good and there's no reason to beat a dead horse. Tell your friend to study more (like... MUCH more), then start again and give us real "evasophy".

Gaijinnovideo
Embryo

Re: Evasophy - A to be 5 part evangelion analysis featuring philosophers such as Hegel, Stirner, Freud, Zivek and more

•      
  •      

Postby Gaijinnovideo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:25 am

Thanks for sharing this, I’m really enjoying the Evasophy series. Its creator is succinct, dispassionate, and entertaining, all of which commentary on Eva could use more of.

As someone who knows very little about philosophy, it’s been a helpful introduction to key thinkers and concepts. Plus there’s something oddly calming about hearing a cool, analytical German voice analyze Eva :)

Bryan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bryan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:45 am

View Original PostLPeyrani wrote:In my not-so-humble opinion, these videos are not interesting. The thinkers analized are well-known and their presentation is superficial, with the result of maximum boredom. It is apparent that there is no direct knowledge of the works of the authors but just of readings by others (see Zizek). Moreover, the connection to Eva is auxiliary and not structural. I won't go on, the intention was good and there's no reason to beat a dead horse. Tell your friend to study more (like... MUCH more), then start again and give us real "evasophy".

At least Freud's influence on Eva is immensely felt.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”