Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The last time Shinji tried to "make things right" without any regard for his own well-being (while also exhibiting the quality sometimes referred to as "balls"), things didn't end too well... Shinji needs to do something different, not repeat the same stuff that got him into this mess.

He was also being deliberately kept in the dark, not provided with vital information, and generally lied to by everyone around him. In his situation, I can't hold him 100% accountable for 4th Impact.

Maybe we'll get a flashback/mind train scene with Kaworu that gives us some more insight/explanation as to what he was trying to achieve in 3.0 that's led us to where Shinji is at in 3.0+1.0, hopefully.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:He was also being deliberately kept in the dark, not provided with vital information, and generally lied to by everyone around him. In his situation, I can't hold him 100% accountable for 4th Impact.

This wasn't a question of "accountability" (something my reply didn't address in any way, if you notice...). It was a question of wishing for the exact same thing you already got in these movies, but expecting the outcome to be somehow different. :p

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Shinji needs to do something different, not repeat the same stuff that got him into this mess.

Which is exactly what I made him do (with balls, indeed) in my soon-to-become-history version of the ending...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Celebrating Radio Eva at 10 (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion 3.0+1.0 [SPOILERS]”