[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:07 am

Though I understand this thread is generally intended for content about premium Evangelion figures, the following is technically a 'figure', so I thought I'd post it in this thread rather than make a new one.

Funko, the company responsible for the POP! Vinyl figure craze has obtained the license for Evangelion POP! figures, as amongst their announcements for their San Diegeo Comic Con (SDCC) Exclusives is a POP! vinyl figure of Asuka depicted in her School Uniform.

image  SPOILER: Show

I feel this is a good figure for Asuka (I don't think they could've captured the character as well with the figures they were putting out in 2015, POPs have improved in the last 2-3 years), and I anticipate it'll see a wider release after SDCC as a Summer 2019 stickered exclusive. I think the most interesting thing about it that the logo on the box is for Neon Genesis Evangelion rather than the new films - one could read that this and any future POP figures are part of a classic Evangelion line rather than a Rebuild line, though as their site doesn't specify if it is Soryu or Shikinami - I am leaning towards interpreting this first Asuka as inspired from the series rather than from the films.

I've not seen announcements of any other Evangelion POP! Vinyl figures at this point, though it's a safe wager that Funko obtained the license for most of the characters and is just releasing this one first on its own to gauge interest in it. Or, they could've gotten the license on similar terms to the Pokemon license, and are releasing the characters slowly rather than in a row so as to not drown out product from other licensed companies. I've only read listing on the Funko site and Poppriceguide, so I've not seen what other people are speculating about the license or future releases.

Also, the timing of this release is rather good, given the series goes live on Netflix in a few days ... anyhow, the Promised Time Has Come, NGE POP! vinyl figures are a reality, and if the Asuka POP! looks as good in person as it does in the picture they will probably get my money for one.

Edit (amendment): the Asuka seeing a wider release outside of SDCC. It's apparently Hot Topic store exclusive in North America (at least according to the Funko site), though EB Games/Zing and similar specialty stores in Australia & New Zealand will probably stock them as well.
Voluntary Illusion.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:03 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Though I understand this thread is generally intended for content about premium Evangelion figures

:chuckles: premium

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:the following is technically a 'figure'.

Yes it is, and it is welcome in this den of madness...

To be honest I'm not a fan of those figures... I just don't see the appeal... But I do find interesting that they started with Asuka instead of Rei...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Heads up: they are re-releasing the RAH Eva 01 this November... Pre-orders are up at Amiami...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Heads up: they are re-releasing the RAH Eva 01 this November... Pre-orders are up at Amiami...

[for DOUBLE the price,at least for me
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:[for DOUBLE the price,at least for me

It's either them, or the scalpers...

EDIT:
WHY ANNO! Why did Eva 08 had to look so freaking cool in the Avant!
Now I must have that figure!

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm sorry, but this has to be the single BEST "berserk" or "insert catchy name for it" mode change I've seen for Unit 02.

Image  SPOILER: Show

It's strongly reminiscent of how it looks in NGE, but the head has been slightly reconfigured so the armor splits more logically and makes it possible for the eyes to exist along with the mouth, since the lower set of eyes would literally have to be part of the upper jaw the way it was originally drawn in NGE.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 pm

What figure is that? :huh:

NoctisTalem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NoctisTalem » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Hey all, I got the HG LM final Version of the MP Eva, but I’m curious as to if anyone has experimented with previous Eva Kita by taking off the arm piece that sticks out, and also what is the best way to matte coat the rubber/latex head?

NoctisTalem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NoctisTalem » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am

Also has anyone tried to modify the regular MP Eva kit to give it bending arms?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:23 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:What figure is that? :huh:

Metalbuild Unit 02
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:01 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Metalbuild Unit 02

This ^^

Also, it looks like the Metalbuild Evangelion figures are combining elements of NGE, Anima, and the Rebuilds.
Unit 02 alone has the armor from Anima, all three versions of its progressive knives from NGE, Anima, and Rebuild, the Anima rifles and the "Active/Berserk" mode from NGE with a few tweaks.

All-in-all, they're a great combination of all three aesthetic designs.

View Original PostNoctisTalem wrote:Also has anyone tried to modify the regular MP Eva kit to give it bending arms?

I believe the shoulder joints may be compatible with the bending arms from the Bandai HG Rebuild kits, but I'm not entirely certain. I was thinking of trying that mod myself but never got around to doing it. That, and the LMHG kits are just way too low quality compared to the HG Rebuild kits, sadly.
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:That, and the LMHG kits are just way too low quality

Oh, the irony!

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Here's the website for Metal Build Unit-02. Though the preorders for it have long sold out.

https://tamashii.jp/special/metalbuild/ ... 2/?wovn=en

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 am

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Here's the website for Metal Build Unit-02. Though the preorders for it have long sold out.

https://tamashii.jp/special/metalbuild/ ... 2/?wovn=en

Apparently every retailer website sold out of the Metalbuild Unit 02 within 60 seconds of preorders going online. It's looking like people/sellers were using bots to buy up all the preorders so they can hold them and then charge a 200%+ markup once it's released.

Talk about tossing the bird at the fandom of a long-running series/movies. :irked:

Same thing happened with the RAH Neo Unit 00. Can't find that anywhere for less than $1000.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 am

So I hope this is alright to post here but I've been doing some small Youtube videos of some of my recent Eva figures I've gotten from the Parfom range. They're really nice figure, got some good articulation, nice number of additional items and I really like the stands for them, especially how they slot together with others in the range. ^_^

https://youtu.be/zgKupG28GKU - Unit 01

https://youtu.be/unjGEwHRvU4 - Unit 01 (Awakened)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:00 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:Apparently every retailer website sold out of the Metalbuild Unit 02 within 60 seconds of preorders going online. It's looking like people/sellers were using bots to buy up all the preorders so they can hold them and then charge a 200%+ markup once it's released.
Talk about tossing the bird at the fandom of a long-running series/movies. :irked:
Same thing happened with the RAH Neo Unit 00. Can't find that anywhere for less than $1000.

Can you even do that???
This is one of the reasons I don't go for premium figures... They are on a whole other level of douchebagness... At least Revos are re-released once in a while...

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:So I hope this is alright to post here but I've been doing some small Youtube videos of some of my recent Eva figures I've gotten from the Parfom range. They're really nice figure, got some good articulation, nice number of additional items and I really like the stands for them, especially how they slot together with others in the range. ^_^

Hey! Get those links out of here! I'm the alpha figure reviewer in this thread! :irked:
Just kidding! Nice to see someone else doing this, I'll check them out :wink:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:38 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:
Hey! Get those links out of here! I'm the alpha figure reviewer in this thread! :irked:
Just kidding! Nice to see someone else doing this, I'll check them out :wink:

Arent you out of a job? i hear they dont make them anymore :) :devil:
ANATA BAKA !?

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Sarge133 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm

First Eva figure I've gotten since 2012 I think.

Also built three of the Kotobukia models last year

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:18 pm

For those that like I, have issues with "sticky" Revoltech figures, I made a video about how to clean them up.
Should also work with any type of PVC figure...

NERVagent
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NERVagent » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am

View Original PostNoctisTalem wrote:Also has anyone tried to modify the regular MP Eva kit to give it bending arms?

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:I believe the shoulder joints may be compatible with the bending arms from the Bandai HG Rebuild kits, but I'm not entirely certain. I was thinking of trying that mod myself but never got around to doing it.

They are not compatible, as unlike the NERV Evas in BanDai's LM/Rebuild HG lines, both EVA-05 kits have pre-constructed shoulder joints (which function well, I might add). Makes kit-bashing complicated.

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:That, and the LMHG kits are just way too low quality compared to the HG Rebuild kits, sadly.

Having built both, I found that the best 3D articulated interpretations of the TV EVA's for 15+ years were the LMHG kits. I still use parts from them in my more modern EVA kits and figures. There is little variety in injection parts color, but the simple articulation works and their proportions and organic-looking arms are winners.

View Original PostNoctisTalem wrote:I got the HG LM final Version of the MP Eva, but I’m curious as to if anyone has experimented with previous Eva Kits by taking off the arm piece that sticks out, and also what is the best way to matte coat the rubber/latex head?

Matte coats: UreCoat or Plasti Dip. I'm hoping they will work for mine.
Removing that forearm blade armor is difficult. The plastic on the LMHG Eva-05 is sturdier than most of BanDai's injection mold plastics, so I am going to try cementing arms from BanDai's Rebuild EVA-02 onto the EVA-05. I'll have pictures when this happens.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”