The Endless Question: The Souls of the Mass Production Evangelion Series

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: The Endless Question: The Souls of the Mass Production Evangelion Series

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:05 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Pilot's If the head were just left in the LCL at Lilith's feet, then it could simply be absorbed into her body when she starts expanding in size.

Not being combative, just curious. How is that much different from this?:

Welcome Home
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:15 pm

I don't understand the question. Is there supposed to be a link there?

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I don't understand the question. Is there supposed to be a link there?

Sorry, here it is:

forum.evageeks.org/thread/18562/Welcome-Home/

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:34 am

Lilith is awakened by regaining her own soul and, from there, absorbs Kaworu's remains and his soul with them. Note that Lilith has Adam's flesh within her, so Kaworu's soul has a logical place to go upon absorption.

In any case, this is quite different from Kaworu's soul somehow ending up in Lilith's body of its own accord, an idea I've already pointed out problems with.

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:10 pm

New thought on this...

The MPEs are Adamic bodies clones from Adam itself...Could it be that Adamic souls are then the best candidates as far as functionality then? To be clear, I think that the MPEs contain the souls of the Angels. Then, since Kaworu/Adam always had a complete soul, his Dummy System could then have stronger ego, thus maintain more concentrated control of the Units as a collective as the one with the most superiority over his "children."

Granted, I'll be the first to admit that this theory does have problems...namely that the number of angels (not counting Adam and Lilith) doesn't't exactly match up...

But this kind of power over them + their souls and body types does explain their upgraded abilities - having S2 organs helps too as far as the continuous factor goes...But, then again, the angels have S2 organs as well...

It's like the MPEs are the best perfected versions of the tech Nerv was tinkering with and used in the most lethal ways..

Take for example the contrast to Unit 00

-Lilith's' soul fragment
-Adamic Body clone
-Rei Dummy Plug System

In essence, the soul/body dynamic is a kind of metaphysical body dysmorphia and the fragmenting means less ego control and over sense of instability

By contrast, all of the flaws are bypassed or overcome within the MPEs, espeiclaly if the idea of them having souls holds any water..

Although, by contrast, soul fragmenting could be what's going on here (as opposed to collecting - something SEELE already would ahem practice with in bringing Adam's soul into Kaworu's body)...They could've taken the data from what's going on with Rei or even Kyoko. The implication being the the souls are actually fragments from Kaworu following his death... I mean, while SEELE state that Adam's soul resides completely within Kaworu in the DC of ep. 24, it would seem that after he's killed, it would be fair game...Especially given the fact that we never see the MPE's until afterwards...
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:46 am

There is one profoundly disturbing option here. Lets say that NERV had backup cores like in the case of unit 3. They had full class of pilors compatible with those cores. The said class was evacuated. I ask where... Imagine if it was revealed that the pilots of those MPs are Asukas and Shinjis classmates drugged or othervise forced to the plugs.

In this case the MP fight would be another level of messed up. Perfectly aligning with the whole EVA misery untill death theme. I bet this was the plan but it was scrapped for being too messed up even for EVA.

Imagine Asuka knew who she was fighting. Imagine the faces of those classmates flashing on the screen when she wrecks each MP eva. I think that would be too much of the horror but I believe that this might be the original intention.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 am

Caroline L.S.: The MP Evas are piloted by Kaworu dummy plugs. Blink and miss it shot of one of the plugs going in when the camera zooms in on an MP unit for the first time.

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:There is one profoundly disturbing option here. Lets say that NERV had backup cores like in the case of unit 3. They had full class of pilors compatible with those cores. The said class was evacuated. I ask where... Imagine if it was revealed that the pilots of those MPs are Asukas and Shinjis classmates drugged or othervise forced to the plugs.

Interesting theory and I love where you brain is on this one, epically with the dark creepy factor of NGE's misery. However, the MPEs are more or less automatic on account of being piloted by the Kaworu dummy plugs. However, spare cores and classmate candidates does bring to mind this idea that maybe they used the souls of the other kids' dead mothers such Kensuke and Hikari, both of whom also don't have a mom...

However, I still stick by my theory that given how "angelic" the MPEs are, plus the Adamic bodies + Kawor's (ie. Adam's) influence via the dummy plug, that they were more or less harvested and built from all of those dead Angels that were "disposed" of. This includes both their souls and S2 organs.

And there is evidence to suggest that this has happened before. Just look at Unit 00. After the fight Ramiel in ep. 6, it gets form its basic orange to getting a sleek new blue veneer. In fact Ramiel is seen being physically deconstructed and broken down in the back ground for a few episodes after Operation Yashima.

In essence not only doe step Unit have the psycho-cogntive problems of being part of Lilith's soul made briefly human and then murdered and stuck into the cloned body of its anti-thesis - Adam, now it's being slapped with some cannibal-like madness where it's essentially given a new coat of flesh from the skin of Adam's babies.
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”