Error on the Classified Information page?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

chlorinemist
Embryo

Error on the Classified Information page?

•      
  •      

Postby chlorinemist » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:34 am

In the wiki for the Classified Information, there is an apparent error. I don't speak Japanese nor do I have the PSP game NGE 2, so I'm not sure if the source of the error is from the game itself or from the translator. Both Adam and Lilith are described as "the white giant crucified in Terminal Dogma".

Adam
A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.
B. Generally Recognized Information
The First Angel. The white giant crucified in Terminal Dogma.
[...]

The Second Angel
A. Publicly Released Information
Data unavailable.
B. Generally Recognized Information
The Second Angel, known as Lilith. It came from the moon that carried the Black Moon (the former became Earth's satellite). Giant, or First, Impact was caused by the collision between the Moon and Earth.
C. Confidential Information
The white giant crucified in Terminal Dogma. It bore life such as apes[10] and dolphins, and, as the final form, Lilin — that is, humankind. In addition, the liquid called LCL is Lilith's body fluid.

Surely only Lilith is "the white giant crucified at Terminal Dogma"? Afaik Adam was destroyed during Second Impact and all that remains of him is Tabris and the embryo sewn to Gendo's hand.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

Re: Error on the Classified Information page?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am

The error is intentional. The information you collect has different security levels, with higher ones being much more difficult to collect through gameplay. The lie that Adam is crucified in Dogma is at a lower security level than the truth that it is Lilith, mimicking the pattern of discovery in the show itself.

chlorinemist
Embryo

Re: Error on the Classified Information page?

•      
  •      

Postby chlorinemist » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:53 am

I see! Very interesting, thanks. Perhaps the wiki should have a note clarifying this.

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”