Your entertainment wishlist?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Your entertainment wishlist?

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:34 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Give me werewolf movie where all the werewolves are self aware and can talk but can choose to be evil or good (Like the 1981 The Howling) where they have there own language, cultuer and social/gender LGBT standards outside of human cultuer and none of the alpha male wolf bullshit it doesn't work in films in my view and the best werewolf films don't have it and use the pack idea instead. Also have the true classic horror lycanthrope look with shout hind legs ect and can yet still plays on the classic style. Because I'm so tired of the lazy B movie crap that keeps on coming out which isn't helping this classic horror monster at all and is just pushing it more and more in to the dirt....

Sounds good. The last great Werewolf movie we got was probably Dog Soldiers (I did like the 2010 wolf man), The Howling series needs a loving faithful big budget reboot/sequel like Halloween (2018). Do something like...
(1) Pick up the same night as Karen's death and follow the detectives who come to the news station to investigate it and have to deal with all the station crew swearing that what happened in the footage was real. Have Chris having killed himself after Karen to avoid recasting?

(2) Pick up present day 37 years later, have reporters/private investigators go on a crusade to investigate Karen White's broadcasted death which has been dismissed & covered up but still led to endless conspiracy theories & urban legends.

What are you favorite Werewolf designs/suits in movies?
The suit in the original Howling is up there for me but the big bunny ears are a little distracting.

I like this one from Badmoon (1996)...
SPOILER: Show

And the specific William Werewolf from Underworld Evolution...

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Sounds good. The last great Werewolf movie we got was probably Dog Soldiers (I did like the 2010 wolf man), The Howling series needs a loving faithful big budget reboot/sequel like Halloween (2018). Do something like...
(1) Pick up the same night as Karen's death and follow the detectives who come to the news station to investigate it and have to deal with all the station crew swearing that what happened in the footage was real. Have Chris having killed himself after Karen to avoid recasting?

(2) Pick up present day 37 years later, have reporters/private investigators go on a crusade to investigate Karen White's broadcasted death which has been dismissed & covered up but still led to endless conspiracy theories & urban legends.

What are you favorite Werewolf designs/suits in movies?
The suit in the original Howling is up there for me but the big bunny ears are a little distracting.

I like this one from Badmoon (1996)...

And the specific William Werewolf from Underworld Evolution...

You know that a really good idea because in the books sequel Karen didn't die, so you could imply she lived but lives outside the pack as a loner since she likes humanity rather than disgusts them and is in control of her nature, which the others weren't in the movie and she could be the golden werewolf they meet who talks to them you could even say the guys gun didn't have a silver bullet because he just couldn't kill her so it was normal bullet which he knew she'd heal from and that he loved her but her feeling were never returned as she's going through issues and being a werewolf though there still friends.

They tried to go down this with the Howling sequel My sister is a werewolf but it was done so poorly and Karen deserves better as in the second book she's the one who goes bad ass and goes head to head with the werewolf woman shown at the movies end who got away (the one who turned her husband) so you could tie that in that she wants revenge for what happened to her and her loss of humanity (If I wrote this as a fanfiction its where I'd go)

My favourite suits are The American werewolf in London, 1981 The Howling, Bad Moon and Dog Solders CG1 wise the Van Helsing film as it got that every werewolf would look different due to human appearance which I think would be true to all werewolves. I really liked the new Wolf Man I never got why people ripped on that as its a real good homage to the oringal. William I loved but I wish we got to see more of him :D

I also like the Howling The Rebirth werewolf design but not the movie and Howling The Marsupials has some interesting concepts for werewolves being there own cultuer but its kind of laughable in the delivery but I respect it for trying to do a new thing.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Jonathan Hickman to quit screwin' about, sign DC exclusive and write World's Finest, Legion of Super-Heroes and Earth-2. Apparently LOSH is his favourite superhero property, a perfect vehicle for his style of cosmic-scale epics, and the rumours of Hickman joining the DC stable have been fervent since Rebirth-era.

Sorry man... you get Bendis!
(Bendis is Monday's mortal enemy!)
https://www.superherohype.com/comics/45 ... millennium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjFsQBuJWw

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 am

- Jurassic World 3 does not waste, kill off or humiliate Neil, Goldblum or Dern (Came True!)
- Jurassic World 3 is better received than the previous 2 JW films (Nope!, 29% by critics on RT)
- Riddick 4 happens & Katee Sackhoff returns for it.
- We get a update on the NBC Witchblade tv series that was announced in 2017 (at least confirmation that it is dead if nothing else)
- We get a update on the Razor movie with Emma Dumont (I assume they must find a new director after Rob Cohen was accused of rape by his trans daughter)
- Rose Leslie returns for The Last Witch Hunter 2.
- True Detective gets a 4th season (Came True!, Jodie Foster has been cast to lead) [Show ended up being quasi misandrist garbage! :headbash: :fume: :nono: ]
Last edited by movieartman on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:27 am, edited 7 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:34 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:- Jurassic World 3 does not waste, kill off or humiliate Neil, Goldblum or Dern.

Thats one I really want to, as I feel the ultimate insult would be if they repeated what Starwars did with killing and dragging the cast just, so they could go oh hey look we got you some fresh young blood. Granted Carrie fisher passed away but the script JJ Adams wrote regarding her for the final movie was beyond insulting along with the backstory that she'd just quit being a Jedi.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:14 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:new director after Rob Cohen was accused of rape by his trans daughter

Really? That's news to me because last I heard, it was reported that Cohen had tried to hire strippers as a method to rid the trans from his daughter. I might be extremely misinformed but that's what I recall...
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Really? That's news to me because last I heard, it was reported that Cohen had tried to hire strippers as a method to rid the trans from his daughter. I might be extremely misinformed but that's what I recall...

On February 21, 2019, Cohen's transgender daughter, Valkyrie Weather, accused Cohen of sexually assaulting her as a child, as well as sexually assaulting another woman.[9] Weather further claimed that Cohen had taken her to visit sex workers in Thailand and the Czech Republic when she was 13, supposedly in an attempt to "turn [her] straight". Although Cohen categorically denied these claims in a later statement, Dianna Mitzner, Cohen's first wife and Weather's mother, confirmed that she had witnessed at least one incident of sexual assault against Weather as a child. Another allegation of sexual assault was published by HuffPost on September 28, 2019. Cohen's lawyer denied any wrongdoing.[11]

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Just caught that whole bit of info on Wikipedia. Shame he had to ruin his career due to not accepting his offspring and especially with the first Fast and the Furious still being his best work.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:11 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Just caught that whole bit of info on Wikipedia. Shame he had to ruin his career due to not accepting his offspring and especially with the first Fast and the Furious still being his best work.

I honestly notably liked Stealth, Mummy 3 & Daylight (none great but I would say they are firmly good)

That said I heard his Alex Cross movie was awful and shockingly Matthew Fox (lost) was far worse than Tyler Perry in it.

Regardless of all that I pray Valkyrie can find peace &/or justice.
Last edited by movieartman on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Of all the Rob Cohen films I have seen, I would rank them this way:

6. The Boy Next Door
5. The Mummy 3
4. Stealth
3. xXx
2. The Skulls
1. The Fast and the Furious

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:07 pm

My "entertainment wish list" is as follows, roughly in order of how likely they are to actually happen (most likely at the top, least likely at the bottom).

-- Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal is renewed for a third season, and/or completes its story arc before ending.

-- Mohiro Kitoh announces a new manga series, similar to Narutaru, Bokurano, and Futago no Teikoku. Came true!

--Jurassic World 3, or another major film, introduces feathered dinosaurs to popular culture. Came true!

-- An Animorphs film adaptation.

-- A PG-13 or R-rated animated film from the United States that is not a comedy is given a theatrical release.

--A proper adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower books.

-- A remake-- either live-action or animated--of Disney's The Black Cauldron that adheres closer to the source material.

-- A reboot of the Pokémon anime, based on the Pokémon Adventures manga.
Last edited by El Squibbonator on Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Last edited by movieartman on Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:10 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:- The Funimation voice cast return to dub Evangelion 3.0+1.0.

This...

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:32 pm

A reality show where politicians have their genitals wired so that when they lie a soul shriveling jolt is sent through their happy bits.
A Star Trek show that isn't a prequel.....(edit forgot about "Picardachu", maybe i should use the qualifier of A NEW CREW)
A live action Eva series.
A live action Macross that follows the original closely (with techno updates of course)
A second season of GTO!
Edd Chinas new 'tuber show gets picked up by a network.
A channel that plays the latest music videos, has entertaining VJ's, and doesn't take itself too seriously...oh snap.

and finally World Peace....oh wait wrong speech, and I'm not holding a bouquet. :facepalm:
Last edited by EvaChero on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm

1: All video games in the Action, JRPG, Adventure, Action/Adventure, Stealth, Shooter, and ARPG genres drop the open world format and go back to the corridor/zone-based, narrative-driven format. Open world has been done to death, and shoehorning it into everything has destroyed many franchises I used to love.
2: The Assassin's Creed series either goes back to being about assassinating people, or changes its name to Open World History Simulator.
3: Video game creators stop prioritizing realism above essential quality-of-life gameplay features like fast travel and efficient animations.
4: Anno somehow gets access to Star Wars and remakes Episodes I-VI as a six-film anime series.
5: The video game industry as a whole adopts a standardized physical media format, chipset, and code framework for the 10th console gen and onward. A game disc/cartridge/card/whatever would work on any manufacturer's console. Game consoles would lose most of their media center functions, become like blu-ray players on steroids, and there would be many more brands to choose from.
[Redacted]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:03 am

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:Edd Chinas new 'tuber show gets picked up by a network.

He deserves that after how he was treated on wheeler dealers which was really appallingly.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:25 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
He deserves that after how he was treated on wheeler dealers which was really appallingly.

I so heartily agree, he is a wonderful presenter who explains what he is doing, the theory behind it, and repairs things instead of just throwing money at the
problem. I hear "Ant" has tired of Mike as well so I wonder who the next WD mech will be?....

:wink: <--------------has learned a lot from The tall man.
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:49 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:I so heartily agree, he is a wonderful presenter who explains what he is doing, the theory behind it, and repairs things instead of just throwing money at the

problem. I hear "Ant" has tired of Mike as well so I wonder who the next WD mech will be?.....

Yeah, I loved that Edd showed the process as not everyone knows that and I never warmed to the US series with Ant as Ant never called foul when Mike brought him utter wrecks, and they try to do these comic sketches, but they feel fake and are not funny and some have been really creepy. Mike is coming back to the UK with Marc Priestley, but I don't see the location switch helping it will just make people remember what happened with Edd .

Its why I'd love Edd to get the last laugh since there is a very childish video somewhere on youtube where Mike once said Edd wasn't a real mechanic like Ant, I'd like him to pay with those words with karma. As well as not getting Edd's tools back to him for a year (That was in Edd's book)

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 pm

For Viz to re-release the original English dub of Sailor Moon on bluray. I highly doubt this will ever happen due to licensing issues, but hey a girl can dream, right?
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"Anta Baka?!" Asuka Langley Soryu
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm a specialist!!" Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun

http://www.silvermillenniumfalcon.com

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 pm

- Pikimin 4
- A good remake of Super Mario 64 with full analog control (I can't believe that Nintendo chose to rebuild the most important 3D game of all time for a console that only has a D-pad)
- An actual remake of Super Mario Sunshine
- N64 and GameCube games on Nintendo Switch Online
- A decent distribution of Dragon Ball Full Color Manga in the West
- The Powerpuff Girls and Futurama on Netflix
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”