Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Dreams about Evangelion...

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:It was weird.

Sounds like an average dream to me :'D
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:13 am

Not my dream and it's an online friend's dream where he was watching the TV series in the English dub, but instead of Spike Spencer voicing Shinji, it was Zooey Deschanel voicing Shinji.
Her acting was apparently amazing and superior to Megumi Ogata.
Plus, Shinji apparently sounded really adorable in this dub.

He also dreamed about both Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion getting licensed by ADV and getting superior, consistent translations with AWL's role in the dub being voicing Rei and nothing else, the English dub has Zooey Deschanel voice Shinji again.
And we apparently got the Platinum Edition movie DVDs, the Rebuilds were licensed by ADV, we got Blu-Rei and Archival DVD boxes from ADV.
And in his dream, ADV never went bankrupt and never planned the live action Eva film (which is what drove them to bankruptcy in the first place).

Also, Bandai's dub of 5 Centimeters Per Second never existed and Your Name was localized by ADV in this dream.

In his third one, Shinji is a girl with long, slightly curly hair with bangs (essentially an anime Zooey Deschanel) and is voiced in English by (you guessed it) Zooey Deschanel.
Female Shinji was crying cutely and Male Rei (who is essentially a blue-haired Kaworu) comforted her and then they do cute things together.
Said dream was apparently overflowing with cuteness.

And finally, he dreamed about going on a screening for Ballerina (aka. Leap!), that French CGI film that came out last year.
And he saw a trailer for 3.0+1.0 during that screening.
The cinema was filled with kids and their parents (who wanted to watch Ballerina), and Evangelion fans who came just to see the new trailer, since Khara announced that it won't be shown online.
Some of said Eva fans left after the trailer but some stayed to see Leap!.
There were also teenage and young adult couples on movie dates, some just wanted the Eva trailer, some came for Ballerina.
The trailer consisted of clips from 3.33's "next time" preview, cleaned up Until You Come to Me footage, and new footage consisting of Unit 01 coming back, the Rei from 1.11 and 2.22 coming back, and Unit 01 battling alongside Unit 08 + 02.
After that, some Eva fans left the theater but not him, since he really loved Ballerina.
I loved that movie too.
His brain went to recap mode and watched the movie in his dream.
He took his wife with him.
Hearing about this dream reminded me of a time when some Star Wars fans went to other movies just to see trailers for The Phantom Menace then leaving afterwards.
Pretty weird now, huh?

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 pm

I had an Eva dream now.
I was in a group therapy session with my girlfriend, Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and Misato.

It pretty much felt like the therapy sessions I had when I was heavily depressed (thanks to school bullying) as a teenager mixed with EoTV.
I also apparently made good friends with the Children and Misato, especially with Shinji.
And after said dream and getting cured of my depression, well, "Congratulations!" ensued for each of us.

One of the nicest dreams I had in some time.

We were all speaking English in this dream.

The Divine Emperor
Embryo
Location: A wild weird clime that lieth, sublime, out of Space, out of Time

•      
  •      

Postby The Divine Emperor » Wed May 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Had a long and complicated one last night, of which only the scene prior to waking I recall. I may have been Rei; the distinction between us was not clear, which is fitting now that I think about it inasmuch the event in question occurred as part of Instrumentality. Anyways, I/Rei was being addressed by Kaworu in a dark tunnel or crypt: he had filled an inverted blue rubber glove with some dark flammable substance, and lit it in on fire, holding it up as a slow-burning torch. Kaworu stated that I/Rei would "be taken somewhere you do not want to go."

This is a clear paraphrase of John 21:18, although its meaning for Rei/myself is unknown on account of my alarm interrupting. (And why a blue rubber glove? The mind boggles.)
We lie to ourselves every day, we know it, and we can’t do anything about it. We get along with other people by humoring their delusions. When we don’t, they hate us, and we are alone.

...Wendy Smith

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm

^ Or the mind is trying to guide you ^_^

http://us.dreambook.in.ua/son/gloves/ Rubber gloves is down on the list, and seeing as this a thread about dreams, maybe the link can help folks try to unravel the meaning behind them all.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I dont think this one had anything to do with Eva in particular, but it I just have to share it.

So in the dream I was walking downstairs when I saw that our our HDTV was replaced by an old CRT. It turns on by its self then something that felt like Giygas flashes pulsating red lights on of the TV. I have a seizure on the floor then a slit goes through my head and all I feel is what you could imagine child labor would be like if happened on the cranium.

I wake up with a massive head ache.

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm

The closest thing to a dream of Evangelion I've had was moreso an amalgamation of the horror shows I'd been watching beforehand mixed with the end scene from End of Eva. The red ocean was clearly visible from the balcony of my room, it had this subtle scarlet glow that was oddly soothing, but surrounded by essentially nothing but pitch dark, strange figures lumbering around in the cityscape. It was bizarre and kinda chilling if I'm honest.
I do love me some Rei guns.

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I made three dreams about Eva. The first one was me seeing a berserk Eva (can't remember which one, but it was probably Shogouki) roaring and eating an Angel (again, can't remember which one but it was probably Sachiel or Zeruel).
In the second one, I was just behind Gendo during the beginning of ep 5, when Unit 00 went berserk. Oddly, it wasn't one of those dreams where you can't move, it would've fitted the situation after all, but I couldn't stop staring at Unit 00's big creepy red eye... brrr...
And the last one was... hum... imagine a mix-up of the Arael mindrape, EoTV and Instrumentality. It was just after I watched EoE.

So yeah, my Eva dreams are far from being fun... why can't I dream about being Pen Pen ?!
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Just woke up from one of these.

So in the dream, I was on a train or something, and I had access to these books full of insane concept art for the movies. Most of it seemed like Mahiro Maeda's, but there could have been some Okama in there too. They had notes written all over them, and for some reason they were all translated into English. (I remember being simultaneously happy about the translation, and unhappy that the original Japanese was completely edited over.)

There was one page that flat-out explained what the Adams' Vessels (plural) were. They were being conceptualized as a set of six, and the book had them labeled by letters (A thru F) rather than numbers. I definitely remember they were supposed to be vessels for the reborn Lilith. Dream didn't go into why they were called Adams' Vessels if they were intended for Lilith. I guess implication was that the Adams were a part of the whole Lilith resurrection thing from the beginning.

That was pretty cool, but even better was all of these completely nuts concepts, for the timeskip mostly. Vaguely remember these really creepy awakened Lilith ideas where she looks like something out of Wayne Barlowe's Inferno. Distinct among those is an image where Lilith had a face kind of like the (Barlowe-designed) Angel of Death from Hellboy 2. No idea if she had eyes in weird places as well.

During the descent down the main shaft in Q, the walls "initially" had all sorts of stuff on them (that weren't the Failures), serving as a testament to the insanity of the timeskip and maybe even things that happened earlier. Body horror of various kinds. Dissected Eva prototypes. (I remember notes on the artwork pointing out visible circuitry that had become "fused" over time.) Two versions of an Eva series that may or may not have ever been launched, one of them based directly on the original MPs, the other looking a bit like if you created a more cybernetic version of the MPs with some Angel Carrier features. (The latter was referenced by name, but I can't remember what it was. Something like "Pleroma"? A Greek-ish thing starting with P and ending in A?) The drawings very explicitly pointed out that these Evas were to have many more fingers than the regular ones. There were supposed to be some wall displays where their hands were cut into multiple pieces, showing the internal anatomy, and glued down in a sort of exploded view.

Very peculiarly, there was a mounted Asuka torso down there. I have no idea what it was supposed to mean.

There was a drawing in the book that was like an Eva-tized version of a corrupted Quartz from Steven Universe. I guess Beast Mode something or other. I want to say they were considering a Beast Mode for Eva-08, but I honestly don't remember.

Eventually, I was in this room and somebody started projecting the contents of a videotape onto the wall. At first I thought I was seeing animatics for... some alternative envisioning of SOMETHING. The characters had gone to this really cold, dark place, where it was something like Eva-01 being held inside a white cross-shaped casket. The casket breaks open, the Eva comes out and starts transforming. Turns into a bigger, blockier, very super robot mecha sort of thing. Then it's revealed that the Eva has internalized the power of multiple generations of super robot anime into itself, and we are shown every last one of these references via an extremely forced sort of montage.

The dream quickly went downhill from there. No more awesome behind the scenes stuff. Instead it was just watching these visually incoherent, unsubtitled fan films from Spanish-speaking countries. Woke up soon after. *massive shrug*
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 pm

^ That's a pretty awesome dream Reichu. Out of the whole dream you described the Asuka torso is the weirdest part to me... not sure why though.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:08 am

I've had three Evangelion related dreams of note that I can recall. One of them, which I described in a thread I made, is about what happened inbetween the 2.0 and 3.0 movies: post/884426/I-Had-A-Really-Interesting-Dream-About-A-Potential-25-Rebuild-OVA-Movie-That-I-Feel-Like-Sharing/#884426

The second was about a potential scenario for how 3.0+1.0 could end:

SPOILER: Show
It picks up during what I can only assume is near the end what would be the movie's story. I'll do my best to describe what I can remember and try to piece it together, given that a lot of context is missing. The ending I saw wasn't completely happy or completely tragic, but more along the lines of bittersweet. It starts by showing the end of Final Impact after Shinji has rejected Human Instrumentality, and he's inside some sort of giant red core thing filled with a swirling vortex of souls, and it's floating in the sky beneath the Gates of Guf. Unit 01 and Unit 13 are there as well, floating at opposite sides of the core thing, so I assume they played some part in initiating Final Impact. The core thing is being pulled into the Gates of Guf along with all the Failures of Infinity that were created during Third Impact, and seeing as there's no way for him to get out of the core, Shinji simply resigns himself to his fate of being pulled along with them, satisfied that he at least saved the world by stopping Human Instrumentality.

Asuka then shows up and dives into the core with her EVA in an attempt to save Shinji and pull him out, the whole scenario exactly mirroring what Shinji did at the end of 2.0 to save Rei and pull her out of Zeruel. As she's diving deeper and deeper into the core, Asuka's EVA is ripped apart and destroyed, leaving her to continue on in human form, and as this happens the contamination from Bardiel begins to spread all over her body. Asuka fights through the pain, determined to rescue Shinji, and one of the souls in the vortex she sees is that of Gendo (I guess the vortex contains the souls of the deceased, so I guess Gendo died), and she tells Gendo "You're the whole reason he ended up like this in the first place!", referring to Gendo's treatment of Shinji being what led him to become the person that he was. She eventually manages to make her way to Shinji, whose body is completely white and is just sitting there, much like Rei was inside Zeruel, and she reaches her hand out to him and says "Take my hand idiot!" Surprised to see Asuka there, Shinji grabs her hand and she pulls him out of the core with her, Asuka hugging him the same way Shinji hugged Rei after he pulled her out of Zeruel. After exiting the core, the leftover bits of Bardiel inside Asuka are destroyed, causing massive injuries to her body, and she lands in a pool of LCL on the ground below with Shinji.

As the Gates of Guf are closing, the soul of Rei II takes over as the dominant soul of Unit 01 and ejects Yui from it, after which Unit 01, controlled by the soul of Rei II, and Unit 13, controlled by the soul of Kaworu, are sent into space. Yui, now back in her human body, lands in the pool of LCL below, and as this is happening Rei and Kaworu's voices speak to her, telling her she should return to the ones who love her most rather than continuing to live in a false reality. According to Rei and Kaworu, what Yui did by placing her soul inside Unit 01 was no different than what Shinji did when he caused Near Third Impact by trying to save Rei, their selfish actions hurting the people closest to them and leading to all the grief and suffering that followed. Yui realizes her sin and decides to forget about whatever plan she had for the EVAs, ready to instead just go back to being with those who care about her.

In the next scene Shinji wakes up and finds himself in a hospital room, where he is greeted by Rei Q and Mari, and remembering what happened he asks them where Asuka is. They lead him to another room in the hospital, where Asuka is in critical condition. The damage Asuka's body sustained is severe, and now she is slowly dying. Nothing can save her now, and hearing this Shinji rushes over to her side, distraught and asking her why she went to such lengths to save him if she knew this would happen to her. Shinji apologizes to her repeatedly, saying that it's all his fault why she ended up like this and that she should have just left him, because now it's like he's killed her a second time. Asuka then reaches out towards Shinji and puts her hand on his face in a gentle manner (much like she did after Shinji tried to strangle her on the beach in End of Evangelion) and says "You can't even figure that out? You really are an idiot Shinji." smiling at him as she says this. She tells Shinji that it was her choice to do it, and, and that she doesn't regret it and would do it again if she had to. In her final moments Asuka's usual tsundere personality fades away and she shows a much kinder and softer side to Shinji. As she is dying Asuka asks Shinji to stay by her side, and he does, holding her hand until she finally succumbs to her injuries.

After this Shinji finds himself outside in the courtyard of the hospital by himself, where he remembers Kaworu's final words to him, feeling the same pain after Asuka's death that he felt after Kaworu's. Shinji now finally realizes how stupid and selfish he has really been, and that there were people who cared about him all along, one of them even going so far as to risk their life in the same way he did for Rei just to save him, but now she's dead. Shinji then breaks down into tears and starts crying, resenting the fact that he is only now realizing this when it's already too late. Seeing Shinji on his knees just bawling his eyes out like that was so heartbreaking to watch. Off in the distance, Yui, who is wearing a hospital gown and standing on one of the balconies, recognizes Shinji (at this point Shinji does not know she is back yet), and she walks down to the hospital courtyard to see him.

What follows is a really beautiful and heartfelt moment where Yui just quietly approaches Shinji hugs him. Thinking that it's Rei Q at first, the look on Shinji's face turns to one of pure shock when looks up and he sees that it's his mother Yui hugging him, not sure if what he is seeing is real or if it's a dream. Shinji must have been feeling so many different conflicting emotions in that moment. It sucks that Asuka died, and right as she and Shinji were finally opening up to each other and realizing how much the other meant to them, but at least on the plus side Shinji is now reunited with his mother. Everything then cuts to black, and all you can hear is Yui saying what she said to Shinji in End of Evangelion: "Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

It then cuts to the next scene and some text appears that says "six years later" and it shows Shinji and Rei Q, who are now both older (both looking to be about 18-20), sitting in the back of a car being driven by Yui. Humanity has started to rebuild after the events of Final Impact, and things have seemingly begun to return to the way they were before. Yui and Shinji have since reconnected with each other, and Rei Q has been living with them, Yui having adopted her as a second child. Shinji now views Rei Q as his sister and Rei Q views Shinji as her brother, and the two have formed a strong sibling bond with each other. Rei Q in turn refers to Yui as "mother" and calls herself Rei Ikari, reflecting the fact that she has become a part of their family. This Rei has begun to develop a unique personality of her own, one distinct from that of the original Rei II, though she still seems a bit socially awkward. Rei also still has Shinji's SDAT, and apparently she has developed a taste for heavy metal music, which I found both odd and hilarious at the same time. Yui then stops the cars at some college campus and Shinji and Rei both get out a few suitcases they have packed, this being their first day of college. Yui tells them that she knows their teacher personally and that they will be alright, and she kisses them both goodbye before leaving.

After Yui leaves, presumably to go to work (wherever that might be now) Shinji and Rei head to their first class of the day and sit down. They are joined by Mari, who sits down next to them and appears to have aged a few years just like they have (I guess the Curse of the Eva was lifted after Final Impact, which is why Shinji, Rei, and Mari are all able to age now) and instead of her usual pigtails she now has her hair down all the way. Shinji and Mari seem to be really good friends, having stayed in contact with each other after the events of Final Impact, and they begin discussing the various nerdy things they're interested in. Next, the teacher finally walks in, and it's revealed to be Fuyutsuki, so I guess he survived the events of Final Impact and has gone back to teaching. I wonder who else survived, since there seems to be no sign of Misato or Ritsuko or any of the other Nerv staff who were a part of Willie. Perhaps teaching the next generation is Fuyutsuki's way of redeeming himself? Fuyutsuki then sees Shinji, Rei, and Mari sitting there together in the classroom, and he's immediately reminded of the time he first saw Yui in his classroom. He smiles and thinks to himself "it seems the end and the beginning really are one and the same". Hopefully this means things will turn out differently for Shinji, Rei, and Mari than they did for Gendo and Yui, and Fuyutsuki won't have to witness history repeat itself.

After this there's a quick montage of some random slice of life stuff that happens in their lives during college. In one shot Shinji is seen visiting Asuka's grave and leaving flowers, in another he and Mari are at some karaoke place singing together on stage, in another Rei seems to have made friends with a group of eccentric girls at the college and shows them a pile of love letters she has received from various boys at the college, feeling flustered and not sure what to do. Next there's a scene of Yui and Rei bonding together while gardening, and Shinji shows up with Mari. Shinji appears to be blushing, which might be a sign that he and Mari have started dating and is nervous about introducing her to Yui. The final shot then pans away to space, showing Unit 01 and Unit 13 in orbit around the Earth, and above Unit 01 is a ghostly representation of Rei II, while above Unit 13 is a ghostly representation of Kaworu (they're not literally there, but metaphorically), and that's where the dream ended. It was pretty cool getting to see how Shinji's life turned out. Shinji has suffered so much, and I'm glad he was able to be happy again and live normal life after reuniting with his mother. I guess the main underlying message behind this ending is that despite what may happen "life will go on." In a weird way, that alternate slice of life future Shinji saw in Episode 26 sort of came true, but in an unexpected way, and Asuka dying really made the whole thing bittersweet. I actually wouldn't mind reading a slice of life manga about Shinji's life after the Rebuilds, just as long as it doesn't do something stupid like making it so that nobody remembers anything about Human Instrumentality or the EVAs like the ending of the manga did, because that would pretty much invalidate all the lessons they learned.

And the last was a really weird one where saw things from Shinji's perspective and actually controlled his actions:

Throughout the whole dream it was like I was seeing everything through Shinji's eyes. It was so trippy, and the scenery kept changing and altering like an actual dreamscape. Based on the context of what was going on, I can only assume that the events of this dream take place sometime after 3.0 when Shinji is brought back to Willie's home base by Asuka. Shinji refuses to pilot an EVA anymore, so he pretty much just sits around at the base watching from the sidelines. One day Misato, Asuka, and Mari leave for a mission on the Wunder and take their EVAs with them, and Shinji chooses to stay behind at the Willie base and continue moping around. While they are gone though, the Willie based gets attacked by these strange Angel-like creatures that were presumably sent there by Nerv. They all looked exactly like the Diemay Angel, and apparently they were some kind of "artificial" Angels created by Seele/Nerv which they commonly mass-produce and use against Willie in many of their battles. Shinji is the only EVA pilot there at the base (Rei Q was nowhere to be found, so I don't know where she could have gone). The Willie personnel ask Shinji if he will pilot the only EVA on hand at the base, but he refuses. Left with no other choice, the Willie personnel actually begin suiting up to pilot the EVA themselves. They were all adults too, so I guess adults can pilot EVAs too, but the sync rate is weaker the older the pilot is.

The Willie personnel were extremely desperate to even think of resorting to such a move, and Shinji could just see the looks of desperation on their faces. The Willie personnel suiting up know they likely won't win against the Diemay Angels, and that's if they are even lucky enough to sync with the EVA, but the very fact that they are trying anyway because they desperately want to live sparks something in Shinji. Shinji then has a change of heart and agrees to pilot the EVA, so they take him outside the base to this large metal scaffolding which holds a large, bulky, red colored EVA. Although it was red, it was quite different from EVA Unit 2, having a bigger and wider body, and written on the side of it was 07, so my guess is that this EVA is the missing Unit 07 that never showed up in the Rebuild movies. Shinji suits up and gets into the cockpit, and the Willie personnel talk to him over the intercom and tell him that LCL the in this EVA is of a bit different than the kind he has been used to, being much purer and denser, so it might take some time to adjust to. The cockpit then fills with LCL, and I could actually feel it as though I were really there. There was a heavy pressure on my chest as the LCL filled around me, until it eventually forced the air out of my lungs and then it felt like I was breathing in water. For a second I thought I was going to drown, but then the sensation passed and I could breathe normally as though I were surrounded by air.

After this I gain much more control over Shinji's actions, actually controlling him now rather than just watching from inside his head, and as Shinji I launch in the red EVA Unit 07 and begin fighting off the group of Diemay Angels that are attacking the base. Unit 07 takes quite a beating from the Diemay Angels as I get used to piloting it, but luckily the thing is built like a freaking tank and only has a few scratches. It also had the ability to fly and I got up into the air to start attacking the Diemay Angels from above, flying alongside them and shooting at their cores. They go down surprisingly easy, and after killing about half of them the remaining Diemay Angels then morph into a humanoid forms that looked exactly like the white Mass Production EVAs from End of Evangelion. So basically these "artificial" Angels have two forms, one for aerial combat that resembles the Diemay Angel, and one for ground combat that resembles the Mass Production EVAs. It kind of makes me wonder if the Diemay Angel might have had something to do with the creation of the Mass Production EVAs, because looking at a picture of the Diemay Angel it is white just like them and had these gun looking things for arms, which almost seem unnatural, almost like something that was added to it by humans. Perhaps in the Rebuild continuity the Third Angel greatly resembled the Diemay Angel before it was stripped down, and the research obtained from it became the basis for these Mass Production Diemay Angels/EVAs that Seele/Nerv uses against Willie.

The fight continues on the ground where I begin fighting off the rest of the Diemay Angels that morphed into Mass Production EVAs, and one by one I take them all out. Misato, Asuka, and Mari then finally show up with the Wunder, having rushed back when they heard the base was under attack, but by the time they get there the battle is already over, the remains of the Diemay Angels and Mass Production EVA's strewn about everywhere in a bloody mess. They are surprised to see this and ask who it was that fought them off, and the Willie staff at the base all say it was Shinji. At first they don't believe this, but then I exit the cockpit of Unit 07 and reveal that I (Shinji) was the one piloting it. Seeing the looks on their faces as I stood there triumphantly felt so satisfying. After taking out an entire group of Diemay Angels and Mass Production Angels, I had just helped Shinji prove his worth to everyone, and now they would have to show him a little more respect after this. Asuka, being the tsundere that she is, pretends she is not impressed and seems jealous that Shinji was able to use Unit 07 to this extent, because apparently Unit 07 is a very problematic and temperamental EVA that even Asuka has trouble piloting sometimes, as it has been known to occasionally refuse commands from pilots and is even selective about who it allows to syncs up with it. Mari congratulates Shinji for a job well done, and Misato even goes on to apologize to Shinji for how she acted towards him in 3.0. Misato then hugs Shinji (it was a nice warm hug) and says that she is glad to have him back, and the dream ends there.

That EVA Unit 07 that I saw in the dream was pretty interesting. I loved its design and features. I wonder where it came from, and how Willie got their hands on it? What if it was originally meant to be piloted by Toji? Is Toji still alive at this point? Maybe he a Willie pilot too, but died during the 14 year time skip? In a way, Unit 07 could be viewed as a symbolic representation of Shinji. Unit 07 was very difficult to work with and sometimes outright rejected pilots and refused to be piloted by them, which is an analogue to how Shinji is pushing others away. Unit 07 also had very thick and impenetrable armor that kept its pilot safe from harm, a representation of the shell Shinji has created around himself to protect himself from being hurt by others. It was the perfect EVA for Shinji in that moment, because piloting it was like looking into a mirror of his soul. There's so many different ways this could be interpreted.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 pm

I was reading this forum for quite a while and for this I had to make an account and decided to actively participate from now on. I was having some dreams/nightmares that are tied to EVA. I usually remember my dreams and these are quite vivid sometimes too much. I know that some of you here would kill for such dreams but it is not all fun and games. I know psychoanalysts might have a field day of my dreams. Lucky I have a dream journal. Hard to say why I have these dreams if it is connected watching too much EVA or to my cosplay or reading too many posts around here but here goes.

A recurring dream
A walk along the hallway that I recognize as a connecting corridor at my junior high. Hallway is empty and the door to my class is open, so I turn the corner and instantly freeze. I can see few people from my class that I used to know. So far so good and now comes the weird part. I also see some EVA characters like Hikari and Rei, Shinji and monkey boy are talking near the windows. I take a step back and look at the number on the door which says VIII A which is roman for 8A so everything seems alright this is my class. When I woke up and thought about it, it made kind of sense since it is equivalent of 2A. While I am looking at the door I hear someone clear their throat behind me. It is a Czech language teacher that used to teach me and I back up bumping my back to the door. He weirdly speaks in english "Miss Soryu what are you doing here?" I try to open my mouth to reply but instead look at myself. I am wearing the EVA school uniform and black out. It was one of the more vivid dreams I ever had. I woke up thirsty. I guess there is a little doubt from whose point of view this was.

Week or two I had this dream again. All was the same as before except waking up in my bed after fainting. This time I woke up in the nurse's office, never knew my school had one. I bolted upright on the bed, was told I fainted yada, yada. Suddenly I was near the restrooms and I bumped into my friend lets call her Elisabeth. That is the English equivalent name. She asked me what happened to me in these words. "What happened to you Asuka." I suddenly became aware that this is a dream and backed to the wall. She looked at me weird. At this point the dream got to the point of lucidity which is one of the reasons I wrote it down. I stared at her feeling my heart beating like crazy and sweating a bit. I tried to reply but the school suddenly shook and the glass panels at the ceiling shattered. I heard ringing from pocket in the school uniform and that is all. After that I woke up in sweat. This is furthest the dream got so far.

Bit of a nightmare when I had a flu
I was in the darkness feeling liquid rising up to my chest and then neck. I of course panicked as it got above my neck and reached my face. It was warm but I started to choke on the liquid trying to escape it but I couldn't. Fumbling in the darkness I was trapped feeling only the warm liquid and cold metal. Panicking and feeling like I am going to drown I suddenly didn't. When I breathed it in and choked on it I lost the need to breathe all together after a while. I could smell blood and there was a flash of light I rearised where I was and the lights came on. I could see the safety glass in front of me and some white coated people walking around. Looking at my hands and downwards I could see red glowed hands and metal controls. I realized I was wearing plugsuit and it was kind of comfortable if little tight. I looked around some more, and I was sitting in the padded metallic chair and my hair were floating around as I turned my head. I grabbed the controllers and pulled them closer. Pressing the button on one a screen popped up in front of me with Misato turned back to me. She turned around to face me "Asuka what are you doing? Just focus like you always do." After that I realized I was dreaming and woke up with high fever.

Well this is all. I thought some of you might like to read it. Some might think this is awesome to experience but not really. Sure the first dream was kind of ok, but the nightmare was nasty. It all felt real at the moment. I could smell things and feel the touch. If I get some more dreams I let you know. Ohh how I miss my Slayers dreams which were much more pleasant.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:37 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:I was reading this forum for quite a while and for this I had to make an account and decided to actively participate from now on. I was having some dreams/nightmares that are tied to EVA. I usually remember my dreams and these are quite vivid sometimes too much. I know that some of you here would kill for such dreams but it is not all fun and games. I know psychoanalysts might have a field day of my dreams. Lucky I have a dream journal. Hard to say why I have these dreams if it is connected watching too much EVA or to my cosplay or reading too many posts around here but here goes.

A recurring dream
A walk along the hallway that I recognize as a connecting corridor at my junior high. Hallway is empty and the door to my class is open, so I turn the corner and instantly freeze. I can see few people from my class that I used to know. So far so good and now comes the weird part. I also see some EVA characters like Hikari and Rei, Shinji and monkey boy are talking near the windows. I take a step back and look at the number on the door which says VIII A which is roman for 8A so everything seems alright this is my class. When I woke up and thought about it, it made kind of sense since it is equivalent of 2A. While I am looking at the door I hear someone clear their throat behind me. It is a Czech language teacher that used to teach me and I back up bumping my back to the door. He weirdly speaks in english "Miss Soryu what are you doing here?" I try to open my mouth to reply but instead look at myself. I am wearing the EVA school uniform and black out. It was one of the more vivid dreams I ever had. I woke up thirsty. I guess there is a little doubt from whose point of view this was.

Week or two I had this dream again. All was the same as before except waking up in my bed after fainting. This time I woke up in the nurse's office, never knew my school had one. I bolted upright on the bed, was told I fainted yada, yada. Suddenly I was near the restrooms and I bumped into my friend lets call her Elisabeth. That is the English equivalent name. She asked me what happened to me in these words. "What happened to you Asuka." I suddenly became aware that this is a dream and backed to the wall. She looked at me weird. At this point the dream got to the point of lucidity which is one of the reasons I wrote it down. I stared at her feeling my heart beating like crazy and sweating a bit. I tried to reply but the school suddenly shook and the glass panels at the ceiling shattered. I heard ringing from pocket in the school uniform and that is all. After that I woke up in sweat. This is furthest the dream got so far.

Bit of a nightmare when I had a flu
I was in the darkness feeling liquid rising up to my chest and then neck. I of course panicked as it got above my neck and reached my face. It was warm but I started to choke on the liquid trying to escape it but I couldn't. Fumbling in the darkness I was trapped feeling only the warm liquid and cold metal. Panicking and feeling like I am going to drown I suddenly didn't. When I breathed it in and choked on it I lost the need to breathe all together after a while. I could smell blood and there was a flash of light I rearised where I was and the lights came on. I could see the safety glass in front of me and some white coated people walking around. Looking at my hands and downwards I could see red glowed hands and metal controls. I realized I was wearing plugsuit and it was kind of comfortable if little tight. I looked around some more, and I was sitting in the padded metallic chair and my hair were floating around as I turned my head. I grabbed the controllers and pulled them closer. Pressing the button on one a screen popped up in front of me with Misato turned back to me. She turned around to face me "Asuka what are you doing? Just focus like you always do." After that I realized I was dreaming and woke up with high fever.

Well this is all. I thought some of you might like to read it. Some might think this is awesome to experience but not really. Sure the first dream was kind of ok, but the nightmare was nasty. It all felt real at the moment. I could smell things and feel the touch. If I get some more dreams I let you know. Ohh how I miss my Slayers dreams which were much more pleasant.

So you had a dream where you saw things from Asuka's perspective? That's pretty interesting. It's quite similar to that third dream I described in the post above, except in that one I was seeing things from Shinji's perspective and was controlling him. I guess we dream in similar ways.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:33 am

View Original PostMelkor#885496 wrote:So you had a dream where you saw things from Asuka's perspective? That's pretty interesting. It's quite similar to that third dream I described in the post above, except in that one I was seeing things from Shinji's perspective and was controlling him. I guess we dream in similar ways.

If I had to be objective, I never saw my face or any reflection while dreaming. Just random strand of red hair or hands and things like that. To be honest, it is also hard to place the voice. I am myself a blue eyed redhead of mixed Czech and German heritage which makes it harder to tell. Maybe that is the reason why my brain latched onto the character of Asuka while dreaming. That or the fact I cosplayed as her few times. Since I got called Asuka in the dreams I am sure it was from Asuka's perspective. It wasn't only perspective thou. I was in control so to speak. It is sometimes interesting how dreams work because when you dream, there is nothing weird about it you are just there and when you wake up you start to piece things together slowly. I am pretty sure I forgot most of the details and some dreams even but these stood out the most. I guess I need a break from EVA. Your dreams are kind of similar, in a sense. Yours are flat out anime while mine were bit of a mix with reality. Which made them kind of scary especially that drowning. I like that sacrifice Asuka makes in your dream I think it would give her character much needed depth she lacks in rebuilds.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:08 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:If I had to be objective, I never saw my face or any reflection while dreaming. Just random strand of red hair or hands and things like that. To be honest, it is also hard to place the voice. I am myself a blue eyed redhead of mixed Czech and German heritage which makes it harder to tell. Maybe that is the reason why my brain latched onto the character of Asuka while dreaming. That or the fact I cosplayed as her few times. Since I got called Asuka in the dreams I am sure it was from Asuka's perspective. It wasn't only perspective thou. I was in control so to speak. It is sometimes interesting how dreams work because when you dream, there is nothing weird about it you are just there and when you wake up you start to piece things together slowly. I am pretty sure I forgot most of the details and some dreams even but these stood out the most. I guess I need a break from EVA. Your dreams are kind of similar, in a sense. Yours are flat out anime while mine were bit of a mix with reality. Which made them kind of scary especially that drowning. I like that sacrifice Asuka makes in your dream I think it would give her character much needed depth she lacks in rebuilds.

Probably the strangest part of my dreams was in the third one where I could actually feel the LCL filling up the cockpit and entering my lungs as I was piloting Unit 07 as Shinji. At first I was scared fighting of all those Mass Production EVAs and Angels, but when I realized that they couldn't really hurt me because of how heavily armored Unit 07 was, it actually started to become quite fun. The red Unit 07 was a big boi too. It wasn't very agile because of how bulky it was, but it made up for it with all the protection it gave. I bet it was Asuka's idea to paint it red.

Also, I think it's pretty cool that you can cosplay as Asuka without having to wear a wig or contact, since your hair and eye color match hers in real life.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 am

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Probably the strangest part of my dreams was in the third one where I could actually feel the LCL filling up the cockpit and entering my lungs as I was piloting Unit 07 as Shinji. At first I was scared fighting of all those Mass Production EVAs and Angels, but when I realized that they couldn't really hurt me because of how heavily armored Unit 07 was, it actually started to become quite fun. The red Unit 07 was a big boi too. It wasn't very agile because of how bulky it was, but it made up for it with all the protection it gave. I bet it was Asuka's idea to paint it red.

Also, I think it's pretty cool that you can cosplay as Asuka without having to wear a wig or contact, since your hair and eye color match hers in real life.

That drowning feeling is something I can live without. I can remember how it felt to reach the top of the entry plug and draw the last breath while desperately holding on and almost passing out. Really messed up. After that, the not having to breathe aspect was also weird. Still, much better than MP Eva fight. Lucky my brain didn't go for that hell fest. Cant imagine how it might feel to have your head stabbed thru the eye and don't even want to. Where did I heard that? " I've still got 12,000 plates of fortified armor! There's no way I can lose!/They couldn't really hurt me because of how heavily armored Unit 07 was."

It is kind of funny because I still wear a wig when I cosplay redheads. My own hair is darker shade. I guess it could pass for the shade she has in some episodes but I still like wig better since it is styled more easily. Lenses on other hand are big no no for me. Can't stand anything in my eye. When I have to cosplay someone other than blue eyed person I use filter on pictures.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:05 pm

The Mass Production EVAs and Angels I fought in the dream didn't have Spears like they did in the End of Evangelion movie, not to mention Unit 07 seemed to be able to function without needing to be hooked up to a power cable (an internal S2 engine perhaps), so that's probably why it was so easy for me to take them all out. My guess is that Unit 07 was supposed to be some kind of improved/upgraded version of what Unit 02 was, which is probably why it had that special type of LCL in it. The body of Unit 07 looked vastly different from Unit 02 though, the only similarity being the red color. Unit 07 was probably seen as defective by NERV or Willie, since it seemed to have a mind of it's own and often refused to sync with the pilots, but they didn't want to scrap it after all the work that went into making it, so Willie just left it sitting there at the base. Seriously though, whatever did happen to the real Unit 07 in the Rebuilds? We see Unit 06 and Unit 08, but not the one inbetween.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 pm

My dream was sort of an homage to the Martian Successor Nadesico tv series ending in which this time around, Shinji and Asuka are told that in order to stop Third Impact they have to kiss. They of course have an argument about it but my main man Shinji made the first move and shut Asuka up with the kiss of life which given how much she secretly digs Shinji she enjoyed and of course, Third Impact was stopped.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 am

I recently had another interesting and somewhat vivid dream about Evangelion, this one being about what Shinji and Asuka did after waking up on the beach in End of Evangelion. After Shinji stops choking Asuka, he gets up and starts to walk away, leaving Asuka behind on the beach. When Asuka wakes up, she finds a message Shinji left in the sand that said something like "Don't come looking for me. I've failed as a human being." From this it seems that Shinji feels a mixture of both guilt and shame towards Asuka, both for masturbating over her while she was unconscious, and for trying to choke her, and so he can't bring himself to face her. Deciding that Asuka would probably be better off without him, Shinji goes off to survive on his own in the post-apocalyptic landscape, and Asuka does the same.

A large amount of time then passes, roughly 20 years, and Shinji and Asuka are both shown living by themselves in makeshift homes they have created. The two have not spoken to each other at all during that time, and avoid going near each other if they can help it. The dream didn't show much of what Asuka's makeshift home looked like, but it showed a glimpse of Shinji's, where he appeared to be growing a patch of watermelons (I guess some of Kaji rubbed off on him). Shinji being able to grow watermelons shows that at least some plants have returned, and possibly some animals as well, but more complex organisms such as humans have not yet returned from the sea of LCL. As a pastime, Shinji would use the leftover rinds from the watermelons to make little sculptures, some of which resembled Angels he has defeated. Shinji also kept a headless scarecrow in his watermelon patch, likely a representation of Kaworu. In these 20 years they have been apart, Shinji and Asuka seem to have both matured and regressed in various ways. With nobody else around to talk to, Shinji and Asuka find various outlets for their loneliness. Shinji keeps a severed white arm with him that he often talks to as though it were a living person, possibly a remnant of Rei, (most likely it’s the same white arm he was holding onto in Last B unused ending), and Asuka similarly has a hand puppet she has crafted which she often talks to (this seems to imply that she has gotten over her hatred of dolls). It was just sad, seeing how Shinji and Asuka have been talking to these inanimate objects for 20 years. I would imagine that they've probably started to go a little insane from it.

The fact that humans have still not returned from the sea of LCL after all this time seems like it could be a sign that there is something more that might need to be done. Maybe there is one final step that needs to be undertaken in order to fully undo Human Instrumentality and set humanity free from the sea of LCL so they can start to regain their forms, and the only way to do that is for Shinji and Asuka to work together. The problem though is that the only two people left on Earth who can do this refuse to talk to each other and have actively avoided one another for 20 years. Shinji and Asuka being the only two people left on Earth also kind of serves as a parallel to Adam and Lilith and how they were the first two beings on Earth, Shinji representing Lilith in this case and Asuka representing Adam.

Eventually this changes when Shinji and Asuka cross paths one day while scavenging for supplies in the ruins of Tokyo 3, both of them now full grown adults. If they were both 14 years old when Third Impact occurred, then 20 years later they would both be around 34 years old. As the two silently pass by each other, Shinji tries to ignore Asuka and leave. Unexpectedly, Asuka then breaks down into tears and says to Shinji: "Would you just say something already!", finally breaking the silence between them. Shinji is surprised to hear Asuka speak to him for the first time in 20 years, and it is then that the sad irony of the situation comes to light. Shinji reveals that he thought Asuka hated him and would not want to see him anymore, which is why he avoided her for 20 years, and Asuka likewise reveals that she thought Shinji hated her and would not want to see her anymore, which is why she avoided him for 20 years. That right there just destroyed me. This whole time, the two of them were basically living under the exact same assumption about the other, one that easily could have been resolved if they had just tried talking to each other. The dream ended there, so I can only imagine what would have happened next. Hopefully something positive, like Shinji and Asuka maybe opening up to each other now and starting to repair their bond.

scorpew
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scorpew » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:36 am

Just had one yesterday. Can't remember much.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”