Star Wars Episode II - A New Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Star Wars Episode II - A New Thread

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:34 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I predict that in this movie, the rebels will build their own Death Star to defeat the empire but the Empire will whip out a much larger Death Star that’s black, has three turbolasers not one, and has a cloaking device.

Several Resistance Death Stars entering the First Order Super Death Star to blow it up.

They're hinting Palpatine because they blew their wad on their previous "arch villain" figure in Snoke already.

Which shouldn't be a problem, because the way TLJ set it up Kylo was now the final boss, so to speak. Palpatine, unless they come up with something awesome, will be a distraction.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Snoke was a dud of a character, an off-brand Palpatine wrapped in a mystery box. Having him be a red herring that's offed by Ben was, imo, the smartest thing they could have done with him as he was. Kylo Ren doing what grampa Vader couldn't and claiming the big chair by offing his master was a refreshing direction and I hope they don't backpedal on it.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Agree.
I mean I liked Snoke, how he looked and his presence in the scenes he was in. But he just wasn't a true character. And that is honestly no different from the Emperor in the OT.
Why people were so angry that he was killed I just don't understand.
Gotta love how he looks ridiculous after his death, with his tounge out and all, and what's left of his body falling over.
Man you can feel Johnson did that stuff on purpose and was having fun. That's what I liked, the film had personality.
IX looks (judging by the trailer they showed us) like it'll be "everything the fan community ever wanted", which would be a failed idea because there doesn't exist such a thing as a Star Wars movie every fan wants. Sure, you can please a majority (or rather attract it with clever marketing). But I'm not interested in that. And other Star Wars fans won't like what I like, etc.
VII was very enjoyable for its characters and for Han being Han, but that is not enough for a final installment.

It's like TLJ knew where the sequel would go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyIPvIjVMYo
4:30
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Now I'm wondering if snoke really was palegis and Palpatine will be using kylo as a vessel.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat May 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Probably no to the first one (the writers have been notoriously coy about Snoke's backstory, and it's unlikely that they want to identify him with a pre-existing character), but the second is a possibility. We know Palpatine died in Episode VI, but there's nothing stopping him from "possessing" another character and using him to carry out his will from beyond the grave. And Kylo Ren would be the obvious candidate for that.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

The Mandalorian teaser - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw

And a leak of the extended sneak peak from a few months back - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Loving everything about this.

Obi Wan Kenobi series is confirmed and will start shooting next year.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:18 am

I'm just going to leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1qZ6oLV3hg
And now I'm going to run as fast as I can.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:20 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I'm just going to leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1qZ6oLV3hg
And now I'm going to run as fast as I can.

But seriously, there is not a single chance on this earth they will make Rey go genuinely bad after they have made such efforts to present her as a inspiring feminist figure for little girls & female fans.

That leaves us with 3 options...

(1) This is a force vision of a potential future.

(2) Palpatine is possessing Rey.

(3 & my preferred theory) Rey's true origin is that she was created by Palpatine with cloning tech (perhaps a clone of Shmi Skywalker) and one of the clones was stolen and left on Jakku and another was raised to be Sith by Palpatine and good Rey + Kylo will have to team up to fight her.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:17 pm

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Dude, WTFs up with Darth Threicious?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 am

Someone already came up with this, but the title of the movie probably refers to Kylo.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:10 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Someone already came up with this, but the title of the movie probably refers to Kylo.

God, I hope not. Kylo Ren CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be redeemed.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:20 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:God, I hope not. Kylo Ren CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be redeemed.

I don't like it either, but chances are that's what's gonna happen :|
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:God, I hope not. Kylo Ren CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be redeemed.

I third that and there should be zero romance between them as they were pushing that bullshit like hell in the last movie and it was utterly gross...I don't need to say the reasons why as it's long standing issue in media that bad abusive boys/girls just need a nice kind man/women to make them better when in the real life scenario this leads to abusive/toxic relationships. Also Ren killed Han Solo this is enough reason he deserves to die with a light sabre across the stomach..
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:07 am

I have no emotional response upon viewing this trailer. Well, except for when 3PO seemed like he’s seeing his friends for the last time, during which I felt more cringe. JJ is really stretching this material thin, huh?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I have no emotional response upon viewing this trailer. Well, except for when 3PO seemed like he’s seeing his friends for the last time, during which I felt more cringe. JJ is really stretching this material thin, huh?

If there gonna turn him in to an infiltration unit I will laugh my head off because in the classic films those are silver with red eyes and he's gold so everyone would recognise him instantly, and I've always felt after first film in the classic three A New Hope the empire would become well weary of any golden models and have them busted up for scrap.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 am

New Mandalorian trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

Still loving it.

Agreed.

New trailer was good, love the music. You can say I am falling for the bait but I am interested in the Palpatine stuff. The Saber duel out among the waves looks fantastic.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:01 pm

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/making-a-star-wars-film-is-difficult-due-to-a-lack-of-comics-and-novels-says-lucasfilm-president-a171739

R E A L L Y ? ? ?

God she is so insufferable with this IP. You literally just have to take what fans went ape shit over in the EU and add it to your own canon; how can she not comprehend this? You could probably rip off other stories from other space titles and no one would be none the wiser. Here's a Star Wras movie with a plot ripped straight out of Gundam:

Taking place a few years after RoTJ, a remnant of Imperial loyalists led by Admiral Thrawn steal a prototype hyperdrive from the Kuat ship yards that was manufactured at the Maw Installation using black holes as a power source and plan to use it as a makeshift bomb to terrorize New Republic systems. It's up to the now-Jedi Master Luke and his old gang to stop them.

See? Star Wars literally writes itself. She has no excuse.

ANYWAYS, how's everyone enjoying The Mandalorian? It's literally the best thing to come out of Star Wars since Lucas owned the franchise.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Return to “Film and Video”