Can any of you Find it? (Rare Asuka statue)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AlfTheMelmacain
Embryo

Can any of you Find it? (Rare Asuka statue)

•      
  •      

Postby AlfTheMelmacain » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here. I Joined EvaGeeks to ask this Question.

In August 2016 (15th-19th) I Traveled to Kyoto Japan. One of the things I had the pleasure of seeing was the "Kyoto International Manga Museum".
Now in this museum near the gift shop there was a Large scaled Asuka Statue. I would approximate around 18 inchs (45 cm) however on the Glass enclosure it had a note that said no pictures. So my self being in a foreign country I complied with the Sign and neglected to take a photo.

I was wondering if anyone Had a photo of this statue 3 years have passed and I still think about it lol. I'm starting to forget what it looks like.

I've searched Ebay, Yahoo! auctions and Google images with no luck

From memories:
it was large around 18inch
had a glossy crimson lance of longinus (almost darker than normal)

Has anyone seen this statue in person before?
even if you don't have a picture maybe you could help me fill so gaps in my memories
"I don't quite remember which version of the plug suit she was wearing"

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Can any of you Find it? (Rare Asuka statue)

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 am

We may be able to help you, but not really without a picture. Even a rough sketch of the pose would help, with just that bit of written info, this is just about impossible with the abundance of Eva merch out there.
One tip that generally does help: Try using proxy buying sites like buyee or neokyo, you find a lot of rare stuff on the Japanese market that you have no hope in hell of tracking down anywhere else, let alone at a reasonable price
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gydafud
Embryo

Re: Can any of you Find it? (Rare Asuka statue)

•      
  •      

Postby Gydafud » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 am

Not really many statues I know of with Asuka holding a lance (seeing as that is mainly Rei's deal)

Is it either of these 2? The top one seems a lot more common.

"We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound fine?" - Mirror Ash

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”