DISNEY buys FOX

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

Re: DISNEY buys FOX

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:57 am

I mean yeah. That’s one of the main reasons Disney bought them and they’ve made that pretty clear. They get the Avatars and the X-Men’s but they also get that entire diverse history of Fox films.
The Edgier adult fare will go to Hulu (which will likely start being bundled with Disney+) but those sweet sweet titles like The Simpsons, the Ice Age series, the Night at the Museum and the original Star Wars trilogy - like the ORIGINAL cuts of the films previously unable since George Lucas added CG characters into them in the late 90s - are all going to be Disney+ exclusives when the service is launched.
Not to mention Disney can do whatever they want with the entire history of 20th Century Fox’s film library.

P.S. While I don’t give a crap about more Star Wars or Marvel, one of the launch titles did catch my eye. One of the launch titles is a National Geographic series - Disney owns them too I think - called THE WORLD ACCORDING TO JEFF GOLDBLUM so, you know, ah ah act accordingly.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:20 am

If they’re going to destroy art as we know it yadda yadda I hope we get remastered but otherwise unaltered Star Wars at some point.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:32 pm

For those asking, Bob Iger has said the number one reason Disney bought Fox was to populate their streaming services.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/12/disney-wouldnt-have-bought-fox-assets-without-streaming-plans-iger-says.html

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I knew it.

Return to “Film and Video”