Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:05 am

∆ Finally that subject can be put to rest.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

Would definitely be my reaction in that situation
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm

Chuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

I like that, in context it kinda fits
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ghdust
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ghdust » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm

The members of SEELE are actually surviving members of the First Ancestral Race in disguise, and the HIP is just an attempt to bring the rest of their race back from the dead.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:22 am

@Ghdust: You haven't been lurking in the EGF Discord under another name by any chance, have you? :nyao: This sounds so much like a "tin foil hat conspiracy theory" I've been rambling about for fun over the past couple of days as to be unnerving.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Garl Vinland
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Garl Vinland » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm

I don't know if this one counts, but how about the "Do you love me" theory (here's a video explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA)

At first I was pretty skeptical, because it seems strange that Asuka/Shinji's relationship wouldn't experience some sort of easily identifiable change, but it would be awfully Evangelion for there to be little clear difference. Especially when you consider how inconsequential their kiss ultimately was, and how Gendo/Ritsuko's relationship progresses.

My headcanon/Fanwank is basically that the show was originally planned to be more explicit, but was shot down due to censorship issues, so Anno had to be a lot more vague in his presentation by dropping subtle clues. This also explains why we see Shinji/Asuka having intercourse in EOE, as EOE was bereft of a lot of those restrictions (Cue:" I'm so fucked up").

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 am

The conflict between adamite and lilin factions of the first race originally began because Adam life forms kept stepping on lilin life forms.

Are we allowed to use stuff that we were going to use for fanfiction?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:28 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

Omg, wow! :rofl: :clap:
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:25 am

Kiel Lorenz is a cyborg naga-fishman-thing left over from an antediluvian race created & destroyed by Lilith.
*His spine goes on much farther than a human's could and suggests that he has no legs.
SPOILER: Show
(note also the similarity in structure to the discarded prototype Evas)
*This would explain his hatred for Lilith and his nihilistic despair.
*In Rebuild there are Seven Seele members, again left over from a prior creation, who instructed our civilization. This clearly refers to the Seven Sages of the Sumerians, the Apkallu, who were, indeed, fishmen. Could the like not apply in some respect to the original?
*A lamia is a creature with a snake's tail instead of legs. Lamia is also the translation of Lilith in the Latin Vulgate.
*His name, Kiel. The underside of a boat. What could this mean, but that his lower half is aquatic?
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:15 am

Oh god. I never paused on that still before. The hell are those anal bead things?
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Kiel Lorenz is a cyborg naga-fishman-thing left over from an antediluvian race created & destroyed by Lilith.
*His spine goes on much farther than a human's could and suggests that he has no legs.
[spoiler]

I think the imagery offers itself well to this theory (not much a "crazy one" as your ideas actually are a certain amount of sense here...), but there' son way that could be literal in Eva's story logic...I think this meant to show that Kiel is merely augmented in a lot of ways to the point that he'd become more and more mechanical to the point that much of his own humanity had been lost, both figuratively and literally. Plus, this augmentation always stuck me as life support in that he'd pushed himself well past his biological expiration so that he could see 3rd Impact/Instrumentality come to fruition.

Interesting theory all the same though!
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Tomballian
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tomballian » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 am

Hot take

NGE is just a vr game made by a 25 kensuke living in his parents basement, but it becomes popular enough that hes able to move out and develops a true ending which is EoE, and thats why theres a frame of Misato merch in that one scene.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”