How did you first get into Evangelion?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelion217
Lilith

Re: How did you first get into Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion217 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:16 pm

An online buddy named Eva Yojimbo recommended the anime to me and I heard about all of the praise and critical acclaim that it got. So I bought the Platinum edition and I was immediately blown away by it’s brilliance. I think NGE is arguably the greatest work of art ever made and it got me into art and literature as a whole.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

"Komm Susser Todd" is the most up-lifting song about depression"- Evangelion217

It's stange that "Evangelion" became such a hit. All the characters are so sick!- Hideaki Anno

Amalgam429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amalgam429 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am

This is actually a great story

I was watching a "meme compilation" youtube video but it's like, trumpet sheet music. It's pretty much play along to meme songs and the like, I'm a trumpet player but I usually didn't watch that stuff but I was kind of just killing time. All of a sudden, Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze pops up as one of the songs. Keep in mind, its pretty much just crappy trumpet midi. Regardless, I kinda thought to myself "thats kind of a kickass song. I wonder what it's from!" So I google the song and watch the op.

I watched the entire series, the rest is history. It was my first ever introduction to anime. No regrets :D
"How's it goin?"

"Aha, well, it's going, I guess"

- Kaji

shinryujimikihiko
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shinryujimikihiko » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 pm

A friend who was getting into something esoteric called "AMVs" showed some of us this video, among others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTftkNwWZP8

Clearly these two lovebirds were the couple of my dreams: childhood friends who were both inducted into this cool giant robot army to fight the foes of mankind, and who can't quite admit that they love one another, but really obviously do to everyone else around them.

Yeah, I had no idea.

Blockio
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:42 am

View Original Postshinryujimikihiko wrote:Clearly these two lovebirds were the couple of my dreams: childhood friends who were both inducted into this cool giant robot army to fight the foes of mankind, and who can't quite admit that they love one another, but really obviously do to everyone else around them.

Yeah, I had no idea.

"Cool robot" was my initial reaction to seeing Eva snippets for the first time, too. Hoq innocent I was :P
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:47 pm

View Original Postshinryujimikihiko wrote:A friend who was getting into something esoteric called "AMVs" showed some of us this video, among others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTftkNwWZP8

Clearly these two lovebirds were the couple of my dreams: childhood friends who were both inducted into this cool giant robot army to fight the foes of mankind, and who can't quite admit that they love one another, but really obviously do to everyone else around them.

Yeah, I had no idea.

I'm not even going to look at the link, but let me guess... It is the everything you want AMV?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

shinryujimikihiko
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shinryujimikihiko » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:05 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm not even going to look at the link, but let me guess... It is the everything you want AMV?

Correct. It could hardly be the "I used to love her" one could it?

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:40 pm

View Original Postshinryujimikihiko wrote:Correct. It could hardly be the "I used to love her" one could it?

:cringe: I love Asushin but so cringey shit.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”