Height Chart Leak (Whoops...)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Height Chart Leak (Mistake or Otherwise)

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 am

There's no conspiracy behind the accidental leak & it was not a ploy to build up hype. This is Eva, the anime that people have not stopped talking about since 1995, and the hype is strong. The new movie doesn't come out for at least another full year so there's no need in mid-to-late February to drum up excitement for the film. They'll have a whole year of proper marketing to do to drum up excitement for the film. I know this is 2019 & the world is insane but not everything is conspiracy.

A mistake was made. That's to be expected with social media where often a tweet can be a spontaneous thing. The best course of action for Khara would have been to just delete the tweet and act like it never happened. It took them a few days but that's what they're doing now.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 am

View Original PostZeruss wrote:Even the apology thread seems to have been deleted now...
All the tweets related to/acknowledging the incident have been scrubbed from the account.

Yeah now that they removed everything it looks like a mistake that was poorly managed. Thankfully it was fairly minor and it didn't spread too much.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 am

I actually don't think it was that crazy of an assumption that it might have been intentional. Especially so shortly after inviting Hikari's actress.
Though I now also think it was just a mistake with all the deletions happening.

We were there when it happened fellow EvaGeeks.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Height Chart Leak (Whoops...)

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:15 pm

If we hear anything more about the Twitter account itself, it will be about Khara actually hiring a Social Media Manager. Firing someone for this social media debacle suggests that someone was hired to do that to begin with instead of just one or more studio members pulling double duty. (I still doubt that Khara’s Twitter account is very structured in its current state.)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 pm

View Original PostZeruss wrote:Even the apology thread seems to have been deleted now...
All the tweets related to/acknowledging the incident have been scrubbed from the account.

It's a conspiracy I say, a conspiracy!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”