AAA WUNDER was built by the FAR?!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkovitch
Sachiel

AAA WUNDER was built by the FAR?!

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:31 pm

The very bottom of the Nadia portion of this page
https://wiki.evageeks.org/Gainax:_Evang ... 3.82.A2.29
states that the AAA WUNDER was built by the First Ancestral Race, in reference to Nadia's Neo Nautilus being built by Atlanteans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXzEcwYs8Eo

WHERE on EARTH could this borderline guesswork have even potentially come from? The Evageeks wiki page for AAA WUNDER itself doesn't mention this at all. Literally the only things we know for certain about the ship is that it's massive, it runs on Eva or other Seed power (if Mark.09 even is derived from one of the Seeds), and it may have been originally designed to retrieve the Adams from Antarctica, with guns and flight added as defense and evasion. As far as speculation goes, I've only ever seen it theorized that the ship was built by either NERV, SEELE, or that Eva Protection Agency group I can find nothing on for some reason, and then stolen by WILLE. Someone please, what the hell is this?
I've reached a point where I just generally don't give a fuck anymore. In a good way.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: AAA WUNDER was built by the FAR?!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 pm

The Wunder is clearly a case of humans attempting to harness found technology rather than something they came up with on their own. The biggest clue to this is the Mark 09, referred to as a "Vessel of the Adams", attempting to regain control over the Wunder as its original master. The Adams themselves were salvaged by Nerv and Seele to create Evangelions 06 and 13, and it's very likely Unit-01 is an Adam as well. Whatever the original form of the Wunder and Mark 09 was, it was something that was associated with the Adams and probably found along with one. If one can accept that the Spears are ancient FAR technology containing their own souls, it shouldn't at all be a stretch to believe the Wunder is the same and that it was discovered by humanity and experimented on. The core was stripped to create Mark 09, and the remaining body was repurposed into the AAA Wunder which then required Unit-01 as an alternate energy source.

To suggest that the Wunder was entirely man-made, one would have to ignore everything we know about Mark 09, its role as the Vessel of the Adams and as the original master of the Wunder.
- Sachi

I host an unofficial EGF discord server. The usual suspects are here. https://discord.gg/Djzkh8Q

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:51 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:WHERE on EARTH could this borderline guesswork have even potentially come from?
It appeared in the last significant edit to that page, just over 2 years ago. There's nothing that recent on the discussion page.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

The FAR and the Seeds cannot be assumed to exist in the new movies. It's rubbish speculation that doesn't belong in the wiki. Or really anywhere, for that matter. Killing it.

(There IS a joke in the Eva2 game where something implied to be the Nautilus has been found and gets attributed to the FAR, but that's neither here nor there...)

On a side note, many Nadia reference in Q that have been pointed out on the forum never made it to the page, including the very egregious ones to the Tower of Babel. I have my hands full right now, but if anyone else wants to tackle it...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”