How do I download the wiki?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

vlad
Embryo

How do I download the wiki?

•      
  •      

Postby vlad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:47 am

Hi all!

I’m new here, so apologies if this is a dumb question or has already been answered and I didn’t find the thread, but is there a way for me to download the wiki? The reason being is that I’m making my roommate watch the show and he has quite a few questions I want to answer so I want to have easy access to the wiki for me to best answer them. I know I can export the pages but I’m not sure of the exact procedure. Anyways, I appreciate any help and I’m glad to meet you all.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: How do I download the wiki?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 am

Finish watching show first, ask/answer questions later.

vlad
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vlad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 am

I've already finished the show and seen EoE, the Rebuilds etc. its my roommate who hasn't seen it. So downloading the wiki is for my own access as I read up more on the lore etc.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:07 am

You don't download the EvaGeeks wiki, just as you don't download Wikipedia or any other wiki. You browse it on line by searching and following links.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Amalgam429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amalgam429 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:54 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:You don't download the EvaGeeks wiki, just as you don't download Wikipedia or any other wiki. You browse it on line by searching and following links.

You can download wikipedia! It's a pretty common thing to do in no-inernet debate rounds. It's actually, super useful. I'm with OP here, is there a way to do this?
"How's it goin?"

"Aha, well, it's going, I guess"

- Kaji

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am

I stand corrected. However, there is no such provision set up for the Evageeks wiki, and I'm pretty sure no one on the Evageeks staff has the time to dedicate to making such a download available. In any case, if time were available, updating the current wiki software and moving it to a different host is a higher priority at present.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm

View Original PostAmalgam429 wrote:You can download wikipedia! It's a pretty common thing to do in no-inernet debate rounds. It's actually, super useful. I'm with OP here, is there a way to do this?

http://www.httrack.com/

Boom. Mission accomplished in only 30 seconds in Google. Go nuts.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:29 pm

I believe httrack is being blocked by the wiki. It appears the line that blocks the user agent was put there like 5 years ago, so it may not be needed anymore. At one point probably something like 99% of all requests to the wiki for a month straight was people running httrack so it got blocked. One of the problems with it is that it downloads all of the images, and there's a lot of images in the wiki.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”