Shin Eva - Official Social Media

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 1712
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:It's almost as if they enjoy tormenting us.

:shinchair:
And yet here we are.
Waiting for the end, 11 years, 4 months and 23 days later...
Visit my blog and YT channel

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 8112
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Location: Playing amongst the stars
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:50 pm

^ It’s almost as if we enjoy being tormented. :wink:

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9001
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Waiting for the end, 11 years, 4 months and 23 days later...

You forgot to add the time waiting for the first film to come out:

http://www.evamonkey.com/new-evangelion-anime/
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 22
Posts: 1616
Joined: Feb 03, 2013
Location: Germany again, before that Spain
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:09 am

I'd say the wait after 3.0 specifically is the one that "hurts". I don't think having such a long wait after 1.0 or 2.0 would have been the same.
It's this new vision of Evangelion Anno has created I need to see continued.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

LightDragonman
Ramiel
Ramiel
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Joined: Oct 15, 2013
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby LightDragonman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:35 am

Seriously, so many other franchises have continued onwards, and the world has seen so many changes and the like, yet Anno and co still have yet to wrap up the extremely bitter finale of 3.0. That's what really gets me, and has made the whole thing out to be a gigantic and bitter joke to me.

I seriously have no idea why you guys keep on worshiping the very grounds that Anno walks on when he has continuously and deliberately put this off for so long so he can work on other projects. It just shows that, as far as I can see, he cares very little about actually finishing the series and would rather do things that he is more passionate about. Like, if any other creator did this, they would be rightly ridiculed, but because it's Anno, he is always right and is always this completely perfect god of a creator who can do no wrong, and doubting him just makes you a salty fanboy.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Giji Shinka
Donor
Donor
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 2629
Joined: Jan 26, 2013
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:34 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:It just shows that, as far as I can see, he cares very little about actually finishing the series and would rather do things that he is more passionate about.

He clearly said in interviews that the reason why it has taken this long is because he overworked and became depressed after finishing 3.0.
I don't see any reason for him to lie about that nor do I see him being bored or disinterested in this film series. If he really was doing this just for the money and didn't have passion, he would have made Rebuild 1:1 remake of the original with better visuals or let someone else make 3.0+1.0 while he was on a break.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: "Anime-lehti" logo

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 1450
Joined: Nov 14, 2010
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:45 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:Seriously, so many other franchises have continued onwards, and the world has seen so many changes and the like, yet Anno and co still have yet to wrap up the extremely bitter finale of 3.0. That's what really gets me, and has made the whole thing out to be a gigantic and bitter joke to me.

I seriously have no idea why you guys keep on worshiping the very grounds that Anno walks on when he has continuously and deliberately put this off for so long so he can work on other projects. It just shows that, as far as I can see, he cares very little about actually finishing the series and would rather do things that he is more passionate about. Like, if any other creator did this, they would be rightly ridiculed, but because it's Anno, he is always right and is always this completely perfect god of a creator who can do no wrong, and doubting him just makes you a salty fanboy.

Because believe it or not, some of us enjoy Anno's body of work outside of Evangelion and enjoy seeing more of that too. You know, that stuff he's been busy making while not working on Evangelion? Because we understand that content creators are humans with needs too and don't exist to cater to our specific whims. Because we understand that Evangelion is first and foremost a commercial property, and always has been, that we ourselves are making the decision to go out of our way to engage with it, and that, being someone else's property and narrative, it's sometimes going going to make creative and narrative decisions that we don't agree with. Because we can separate fiction from reality and don't spin creative choices we don't like into narratives of hatred and oppression directed at us personally and don't allow made up boogeymen versions of the creator to live inside our head rent free for years on end or spend our time carrying out a campaign of drive-by passive aggressive comments and strawmen on any outlet we can find. Because we understand that Rei Ayanami is not, was not, and never will be a real girl and haven't drunk so deeply from the waifu well that we're mortally offended by the very notion that someone might not like her or *gasp* might find other characters more appealing.

And because we can respect the fact Anno is willing to stick to his guns and disengage with Eva when it makes him unhappy. You would do well to consider doing the same if Eva is really making you as miserable as you claim it is and you aren't just baiting for replies. What exactly do you think you're going to accomplish here? You've been at this for years now. If Eva and Anno make you so unhappy, then stop wasting your time with them. Go find something healthier and more productive to do with your time. Nobody is forcing Eva on you but you, and like Ray and Stillborn you seem like you're only interested in repeating yourself ad nauseum and dragging others down with you than engaging in any kind of honest debate or discourse.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 23
Posts: 1066
Joined: Dec 27, 2016
Location: Italy
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Joseki » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am

Merchandise to commemorate Shin Eva releasing in 2020 has been announced, and it's basically just a bunch a bunch of colored "2020" strapped on stuff.

Image

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-5725.html
「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017 - 20/07/2018

The Cruel
Ramiel
Ramiel
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 316
Joined: Feb 19, 2014
Location: Hope Disposal Plant
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Cruel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:46 am

^

Honestly guys,

I admit that I wasn't calm too in my previous posts.

But like LightDragonman here I can't lie to myself that none of Evas and 3.0s controversies happened, that I shouldn't be careless when I'll watch FINAL.

After all I won't do the mistake to expect and want a better ending for Rebuild than how EoE was.

That it ends is all I want and it should stay that way.

I get it that we're all tired to repeat ourselves over the years how scared and unsure we are of what could happen.

You have my word that I said enough about it and that I won't waste a bad word more when FINAL is there.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

My Warning Level: [1], Now people should start to get serious with me here. Thanks Sachi.

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 1450
Joined: Nov 14, 2010
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Merchandise to commemorate Shin Eva releasing in 2020 has been announced, and it's basically just a bunch a bunch of colored "2020" strapped on stuff.l

Purple and green? ZOMG Unit 01 confirmed!! Good marketing tactic but I think I'd rather buy Eva merch that won't be dated in two years. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9001
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:56 pm

I'd like to think that this is a good guarantee that the film won't get delayed, but... ugh... please just let it come out, I'm getting to old for this.

Still, it seems like a very Japanese thing to make merch geared specifically around the slated release date for a thing.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Gendo'sPapa
God
God
User avatar
Posts: 4718
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Everywhere
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Toho & Toei are involved with the film now.
There's no playing around.
2020 is the release year.
Anno can deliver the film he wants to make but that's something he can't not deliver on.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1992
Joined: Aug 01, 2016
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:07 pm

^ I'm calling the release date now - December 31, 2020. It's still technically 2020, but only just...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

robersora
Seed
Seed
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 3827
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Purple and green? ZOMG Unit 01 confirmed!!


Yeah, I also think the colors are chosen on purpose. What is the "rainbow-color" in Evangelion about though?
It's Blue, Violett, Red, Yellow, Green
have those been chosen for Units 00, 01, 02, ?? and ?? respectively?
Then again, they've already advertised with Mari, so shouldn't there be pink in it as well?
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 1450
Joined: Nov 14, 2010
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 am

View Original Postrobersora wrote:Yeah, I also think the colors are chosen on purpose. What is the "rainbow-color" in Evangelion about though?
It's Blue, Violett, Red, Yellow, Green
have those been chosen for Units 00, 01, 02, ?? and ?? respectively?
Then again, they've already advertised with Mari, so shouldn't there be pink in it as well?

Blue: Mark.06
Violet: Unit 01
Red: Unit 02
Yellow: Unit 00
Green: Unit 05

It's the Kids' first Evas? ^_^

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Toho & Toei are involved with the film now.
There's no playing around.
2020 is the release year.
Anno can deliver the film he wants to make but that's something he can't not deliver on.

Plus they waited this long to even announce a year. I don't think they would have done that if they weren't confident they could deliver.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9001
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:35 am

Anyone care to translate some of the latest tweets from khara, Ogata, and the official Evangelion Twitter?



One tweet suggests these photos and videos were from their New Year's celebration.



Because a single tightening is a color annual event. The New Year's party hit the launch employee travel etc.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 22781
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 am

Seems like a New Year's party they got together for. If I'm reading things right, Ogata mentioned the voice recording is still ahead of them. She said how "the beginning of the end" is an appropriate term. (I swear Mitsuishi's rockin' a Sailormoon purse there, unless my eyes are just that bad.) She wants everyone to enjoy it, but to please wait.

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 1450
Joined: Nov 14, 2010
Gender: Male

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 am

That's certainly exciting news! ^_^ Do they do voice work before or after animation? I know a lot of anime studios don't do it the way western studios do but I can never remember which way that works.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9001
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Do they do voice work before or after animation?

After, and Ogata said that "recording is ahead".
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
Posts: 23187
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

The tweets reference 打ち入り (uchi-iri), which is an anime industry term for an informal social gathering held to mark the beginning of voice recording work. (Props to this page for explaining it.) The latter is called "afureco" ("after-recording"), and is the same word used in Japanese for what we call ADR and dubbing, though in the case of anime it seems almost a misnomer; the film can still be in a very rough state when it happens.


Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest