Shinji Ikari Raising Project Game image files extraction...help?

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

scenikeight
Embryo

Shinji Ikari Raising Project Game image files extraction...help?

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 am

Mods, I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, I'm new to posting on EvaGeeks (I'll delete the thread right away if this isn't the right place! Sorry!)

I'm making an English patch for the Shinji Ikari Raising Project game, and it's going along well, but I have a slight problem. I don't know how to decompile the image files in the game ^^;

I'm kind of...bad at working out how to do things like this without instruction. I'm using the Girlfriend of Steel Special Edition and LB5 tools, I think made by someone on Eva not End, for the text. These files also work for SOME of the images, but SIRP seems to be using an improved version of the '.bp3' format from the last two Girlfriend of Steel games, (these being '.bp4' in SIRP). This ISN'T a question about how to get the CGs out of the game, before anyone links a CG pack. The images I actually need to edit, the menu button pictures, are almost entirely stored in .bp4 and the tools can't read them. Unfortunately, these files seem to be specific to Evangelion games so the only resources online are about the ones from earlier Eva games...
I know they ARE convertible, because there was a Russian patch a few years ago. The guys who made that seem to have disappeared though, but I have also asked on Eva not End's SIRP thread (no response yet, and I figure asking here might be helpful too)

Does anyone here know how to convert these .bp4 files to .bmp and back again, and could explain it to me, as someone who isn't even remotely competent with coding? It's kind of a pain to not be able to translate the images. Thankyou in advance to anyone who could help, and I'm sorry again if this isn't the right place to ask.
I also hope this wasn't too long, I felt like I needed to explain everything

(edit, I have managed to get some of the .bp3 files translated, and have worked out how to compile them correctly since posting this. Still don't know how to deal with the .bp4 files!)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”