Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 pm

so things are really moving, hm....

Also, how time flies, Anno was definitely not going grey the last time I saw a pic of him.

I really hope the tiffany grant thing does NOT happen, shes probably doing this because she met her at conventions and gets along with her and also probably because all American English sounds equally over the top top her, though far be it from me to throw a tantrum if it does happen.

It may still not be much better, these days everything's expected to be out fast and may think that pandering to subculture trumps organic translations. The German Rebuild dub was so half-assed; even the american cartoons just get churned out without love or attention. (Alas, since the US of A seem to have stepped up their animation game at long last and produced a lot of at least half-decent material lately, though much of it still remains kid-focussed)

...actually, does this mean they're reddubbing it in ALL languages? (Except Japanese of course)

if it does turn out decent it might be interesting to have various renditions / interpretations/ translations to compare since youd have two blind men trying to describe the same Elephant, so to speak.

ill kinda miss Erich Räuker as Gendo...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 am

Hey everyone, please keep the Netflix redub stuff in the appropriate thread. Thanks.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 am

In about 1 hour and 5 minutes on Abema TV there will be a Jo and Ha marathon, after that Ogata and Takahashi will host a special program. It could be absolutely nothing or something interesting.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 am

Here's the page about that program: https://abema.tv/channels/anime-live/sl ... ToRySShCv3 It sounds like some kind of voice actor talk show?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 am

I'm watching the stream right now using Tunnelbear (can I say it?), they are currently showing Ha and they are at the Dummy System part, so it should start in 40 minutes or so I think.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I'm watching the stream right now using Tunnelbear (can I say it?), they are currently showing Ha and they are at the Dummy System part, so it should start in 40 minutes or so I think.

So... What happened?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Yeah, tell us, we wanna know ;;-;;
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:42 pm

They basically talked for 1 hour and 30 minutes, I don't speak Japanese but it seemed to be all about Evangelion, at some point Ogata was asking question to Takahashi and then they started showing off merchandising.

At some point I closed it. :lol:

The stream is still there on their website, it's geoblocked but you can see it with any basic VPN.

https://abema.tv/channels/anime-live/sl ... ToRySShCv3

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Melkor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:44 pm

So they only showed 1.0 and 2.0 as part of the marathon, but not 3.0? Jo and ha are 1.0 and 2.0, right? So what is 3.0 called?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 pm

^

Yes the marathon was just Jo and Ha played one after the other. There was no change from the home video release as far as I could tell, but they could have been the theatrical cuts too since I don't know the difference between the two.

3.0 is called Q in Japanese, and it's currently not streamed on any service in Japan for whatever reason.

The stream was quite popular, there were more than 800.000 viewers watching Ha.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Joseki wrote:3.0 is called Q in Japanese, and it's currently not streamed on any service in Japan for whatever reason.

There must be one hell of a reason not to be able to stream it in its country of origin... maybe something to do with the Khara/Gainax lawsuit?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 am

The lawsuit was over and done with by 2.0, though.

Streaming video services are still struggling to catch on in Japan, for whatever that's worth: https://soranews24.com/2018/02/05/what- ... g-service/
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:54 am

Before Q came out it was thought that Q and Final would be one two-part experience. They may be intending to make it that way when completed, and so are holding back streaming Q until then.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 pm

^ So they'll play the two of them as one film once Final is available for streaming? I guess that makes sense.

Reichu wrote:The lawsuit was over and done with by 2.0, though.

Streaming video services are still struggling to catch on in Japan, for whatever that's worth: https://soranews24.com/2018/02/05/what- ... g-service/

But I'm impressed/surprised video rentals are still so popular in Japan, I wasn't surprised Amazon had a hold on the market, because if you have Prime, the streaming is included, so its not an additional cost like Netflix or Hulu.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:53 am

I can't make sense of the tweet but "publishing plan" is written on the paper.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Possibly they've mapped out how the marketing of the film is going to proceed from here on out. What dates they need to have posters, trailers and other things ready to share with the world?

Could they likely drop a full title & more concrete release period (Summer or Fall 2020) on April 1st, maybe?

OR

Studio Trigger's new movie, Promare, has just been confirmed for a May 2019 release in Japan and that studios relationship with the Khara & original Gainax crew + timing would make it an ideal candidate for releasing something new about Final.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Studio Trigger's new movie, Promare, has just been confirmed for a May 2019 release in Japan and that studios relationship with the Khara & original Gainax crew + timing would make it an ideal candidate for releasing something new about Final.

And Promare is distributed by Toho as well. Makes sense. Hadn't thought of it.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:43 am

1.0 and 2.0 streaming live on NicoVideo at the end of the month. They're putting these everywhere they can, huh?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:

1.0 and 2.0 streaming live on NicoVideo at the end of the month. They're putting these everywhere they can, huh?

You can't blame them, the gaps between movies have grown so large that they almost became irrelevant...
Best way to counter? Put Evangelion Every-f***ing-where! :emogendo:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:You can't blame them, the gaps between movies have grown so large that they almost became irrelevant...
Best way to counter? Put Evangelion Every-f***ing-where! :emogendo:

It's almost as if they enjoy tormenting us.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”