Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm

cyharding wrote:According to the author of the manga version of the story, there are going to be "major divergences" from the anime's story. So this raises an important question: can there be a version of the story that is actucally good?

I pretty much anticipated this to happen, but still pleasantly surprised to see it actually come true. Time to take a nose dive back into DitF for me, I guess
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:According to the author of the manga version of the story, there are going to be "major divergences" from the anime's story. So this raises an important question: can there be a version of the story that is actucally good?

I'm happy to hear this because if it has a good author the ending could be way better and they might tackle the issues the anime couldn't be bothered with.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Does To Love Ru have a good story?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:37 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Does To Love Ru have a good story?

n o

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:08 am

This week's chapter has 001 facing off against the 9s, in particular, going head-to-head with 9δ and 9ε in their Franxx, in a mash-up of some of the later episodes of the series.

Edit: post #20202
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:05 pm

SPOILER: Show
Just read the chapter, definitely opens up some interesting possibilities here, especially in regards to giving the 9s some actual character. Also, I am very surprised that neither Delta nor Epsilon were killed there.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Welp, so much for that. All but two Nines are dead now, and Hachi has orders to kill Alpha and Delta. Quite a shame tbh, I liked the implications of actual character dynamic they had during those two chapters.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 pm

New chapter feels like we've skipped at least one - Kokoro (as far as I remember) never found that book, but is having flashbacks to it, and everyone is acting kind of off. But hey, at least the story is picking up speed now, the kids are behind what's going on with their comrades being disposed of, and have made an effort to save Alpha and Delta from that fate. Also, going through trunks that aren't yours and Beta/Gamma fanservice.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 am

Newest chapter treats us to Stampede Genista - say what you will, I think this thing looks awesome.

Also Genista with the additional armor cast off

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Makes it feel even more painful that they left all this out from the anime. Dayum.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 am

It does, yeah. Would have loved to see those forms in the anime as well; especially since Genista started going berserk in one of the earlier eps, but they stopped it before it really happened

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:08 am

I just recently saw this one.

I saw someone compare it to Evangelion (or at least, that it borrows a lot from it). So that was my mindset when watching it. Kept expecting the kids to end up with gruesome deaths, but even the girl that got crushed in 1st episode appeared to be safe and sound. The only ones who died were either specifically added to story to die, or they were assholes at some point.
I kept thinking, this is way too sweet (especially the slice of life-like eps), I kept bracing for when it would all go down the drain. It didn't, kind of dissapointing. It stayed sweet until the very cheezy ending.

It's so full of letdowns (mostly missed opportunities), yet I kinda like it... hmm. It does have appeal, but nothing is explored properly. It kept things really safe and simple. Like what was the deal with the Hringhorni spear, or the semi-HIP, what happened to the people? Who was involved in that? And did they get freed in the end, or something? Weird plotholes all around. Also disapointed that the giant hand wasn't explained or used further (so it was just another klaxo machine? thats it? mehhh).

Lot's of eva references or even blatant plagiarism, but not comparable to eva at all (tone, setting, drama etc).

At the very least I would love to see it redone properly when the Manga is further / completed, similar to what happened to Full Metal Alchemist.
Especially seeing the stuff you guys post. More Stampede would be very cool (even tho its a simple Eva-berserk ripoff).
I want to hate on it so much, but for some reason I just can't. So here's hoping for a remake.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 am

> Like what was the deal with the Hringhorni spear,
It was a Chekov's Gun that didn't fire.

> or the semi-HIP, what happened to the people? Who was involved in that? And did they get freed in the end, or something?
This bit we did see : VIRM ripped out the souls of all the adults and took them away to add to their collection; the ZeroTwo/Hiro's kamikaze strike released all of VIRM's collected souls.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:I just recently saw this one.

It's so full of letdowns (mostly missed opportunities), yet I kinda like it... hmm. It does have appeal, but nothing is explored properly. It kept things really safe and simple. Like what was the deal with the Hringhorni spear, or the semi-HIP, what happened to the people? Who was involved in that? And did they get freed in the end, or something? Weird plotholes all around. Also disapointed that the giant hand wasn't explained or used further (so it was just another klaxo machine? thats it? mehhh).

Yeah, best not to think about anything that happens past Episode 18. Just about the only non-technical thing that last Eps did well is bringing the individual character arcs to an end that makes sense for the characters
The remaining Nines die somewhat heriocly, Ikuno gets her yuri ship with Naomi, Futoshi moves on from Kokoro, restless spirit Goro becomes an explorer, the rest mostly settle down, and Hiro and Zero Two of course get their heroic sacrifice together in death ending.
The overarching story to all of this is kinda stupid to say the least, but taken individually, it's the logical conclusion to each arc, so kudos to the writers for at least getting that right.

As far as the manga goes - things are definitely speeding up there, I'm very much looking forward to where this goes.

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:17 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:>
> or the semi-HIP, what happened to the people? Who was involved in that? And did they get freed in the end, or something?
This bit we did see : VIRM ripped out the souls of all the adults and took them away to add to their collection; the ZeroTwo/Hiro's kamikaze strike released all of VIRM's collected souls.

I kinda figured that, but why not Hachi / Nana and the rest? And why only the adults? Did they need to be prepared for this beforehand (the immortality treatments, that weird orange sack on their chest)? etc > its was just too vague, it all happened in a few seconds and was never spoken about again.
The souls were released at the end, so now what? They get to be reborn like Hiro and ZeroTwo did?

The more I think about it, the more questions arise. And the answers could be so simple, could have been covered with a single scene of explanation. Ah well.

So even tho it was cheezy as hell, I find myself interested and wanting to know more (like with Eva).
Maybe I'll pick up the manga.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:14 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:I kinda figured that, but why not Hachi / Nana and the rest? And why only the adults?

The kids were all genetically modified for piloting and as former pilots, Hachi and Nana are included in that category. Seeing how they were never supposed to be anything more than canon fodder who die young, I can totally see the process intentionally ignoring them to leave them behind to die.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 am

The manga so far definitely is worth a read, do check it out if you're interested

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:The kids were all genetically modified for piloting and as former pilots, Hachi and Nana are included in that category. Seeing how they were never supposed to be anything more than canon fodder who die young, I can totally see the process intentionally ignoring them to leave them behind to die.

They were also supposed to die quickly because of their altered aging, not just because theyre cannon-fodder.
So apparantly, Hachi and Nana went through immortalization later.
Which is another unexplained exception. Some kids apparantly do become adults (afaik, this was the big plottwist Zorome was after).
And then there's the rest of the adults, at least one we've seen: the new Nana.

But whatever, I could probably go on for hours.
Which shows this show affected me quite a bit ... I just wish it was better.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:29 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:But whatever, I could probably go on for hours.
Which shows this show affected me quite a bit ... I just wish it was better.

You're speaking my mind there, buddy. 10-15 were sooo good, but after Ep18, everything just went to crap so quickly

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Things are getting real in the manga. Can't wait to see where this is going

Return to “Studio Trigger”