Misato the slut?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot
Age: 28
Posts: 2091
Joined: Feb 24, 2014
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby movieartman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 pm

my thoughts on various points

is she a slut? ---- if she slept with men already in a relationship or made men believe she loved them or cared about them more than she did only to use them then dump them... MABYE
if she just went about having strictly freinds with benefits relationships for her own physical and by default emotional pleasure absolutely not.

Hyuga ---- i genuinely believe Misato to be a true professional in regards to her job at nerv, i don't think she wanted to mix business with pleasure on any level. her home life she lets herself go and have a drunken ball of fun, but the job is the job and beyond her casual friendship time with ritsuko she takes it very seriously and does not let the 2 intermix.

there was a line by ritsuko "back when you could get a date".... that kinda puzzles me.
i came up with the idea that mabye Misato around the time when she came to work with nerv, was trying to keep herself obstinate, right after leaving Kaji she probably went on a guy bender but now i think she was trying to force herself to maintain stability on her own.

taking on duties as Shinji's guardian ---- one might think this might counteract the mindset i suggested above, but its something completely new, it allows Misato to take care of a man in a very different way then she ever had before, it allowed her to try and be a mother, something she had zero experience in, but something she obviously wanted. and it allowed her to have a family without having to risk getting back with a guy that reminds her of her father.
of course it was not just selfishness i think she was immediately attached and sympathetic towards Shinji dew to his own issues with his father.

Misato's relationship and sexuality in regards to Shinji
Shinji & Misato wanted to have a mother / son relationship, its what brought on her taking him on as guardian in the first place.
for Shinji after the pain and suffering he endured in the series by the time of Rei's death
Its....
Simply....
NOT....
good....
enough.....
Shinji went what 8 years with no mother figure? he isn't going to respond to that kind of comfort anymore he has been without it too long.
he needed a partner or a equal who could also command him leading to his attraction to Asuka.

by the time Rei died Misato knew this, truly helping him from now on was going to require something more meaningful and more tangible.
she was NOT taking advantage of him, she was doing exactly the opposite she was sacrificing her obstinance/progress in order to allow Shinji to know he could take advantage of HER if thats what would help him, if thats what it would take to make him realize she would do anything to care for or help him on any level.
her line "this is all i can offer you', is factual it was all she had left to give him.
it did not work... its what he needed... but it was too sudden and out of nowhere and above all he was so distraught he really did need to just be alone IMO, mabye a few days later it would have been more successful after it really settled in how alone he was now without Rei as Asuka sure as fuck would not have helped him mourn.

Shinji did need sexual release/comfort, but instead of taking Misato's offer which would have allowed it to be a possibly happy, emotionally boosting and bonding experience with the 1 person who truly cares for him, he instead commits a violation against the girl who despises him and he gains nothing from the act but more reason to hate himself and the world.

Misato's comments later that she might have made the offer only cus she herself was lonely, i don't buy, i think thats her just being her normal self doubting self punishing self, not a true fair assessment of her mindset and intentions.

if at first you don't succeed try try again...
now going back to her knowing that "he needed a partner or a equal and not a mom"
there final meeting by the elevator once she bashes some sense in to him, her last act as his parental figure.
she changes gears she approaches him as a man instead of a child, and inspires him from that level with the kiss & promise as her prior parent like advise was only half enough to motivate Shinji and was not meaningful enough for there final goodbye.
and it was very very meaningful.
his face when she pulls hers from him is not afraid, not even shocked, its awe and wonder.
when she pushes him in the elevator his face turns very sad...
and then he cries (as it was recently pointed out to me on another thread), he cries for the only time in the entire series when he knows he will never see Misato again.
you don't know what you have until its gone

Gendo'sPapa
God
God
User avatar
Posts: 4753
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: Everywhere
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:47 am

Being a slut is more fun.

But no, Misato was not a slut. She presented one image of herself to the world to hide the real her.

LukeMM95
Adam
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 56
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby LukeMM95 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:32 am

I agree and disagree with your post movieartman

You nailed Misato's reasoning for trying to sleep with Shinji, but I don't think it was the right thing to do or that it's what he needed. Shinji was sexually frustrated and in desperate need of comforting but having sex with the closest thing he had to a maternal figure wouldn't have helped that. It would have just made their relationship more awkward and distant. Shinji knew this, which is why he rejected her.

In fact if they did end up having sex, Shinji would probably be in the exact same boat that Misato's in. A boat where they rely on sex to get through their emotional turmoil. They wouldn't just have sex once, they'd have to do it constantly just to make it through the week. They'd probably stop talking to each other and the only form of contact the two would share would be when they eat and when they have sex.

Misato may have had good intentions but she was a terrible mother. Even having a sexual relationship with Asuka wouldn't have helped Shinji. When he masturbates to her comatose body, he's not only disgusted by his actions but also realizes that what he did accomplished nothing. He just needed people to be there for him, not to feed his sexual urges. That's why he loved Kaworu so much. He was there for him, when no one else was. Now I'm not going to go into the whole "Did Shinji want to have sex with Kaworu?" thing but let's just say, he filled the void that Misato, Rei and Asuka failed to do so.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot
Age: 28
Posts: 2091
Joined: Feb 24, 2014
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby movieartman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm

View Original PostLukeMM95 wrote:1.) You nailed Misato's reasoning for trying to sleep with Shinji
2.) but I don't think it was the right thing to do or that it's what he needed. Shinji was sexually frustrated and in desperate need of comforting but having sex with the closest thing he had to a maternal figure wouldn't have helped that. It would have just made their relationship more awkward and distant. Shinji knew this, which is why he rejected her.
3.) In fact if they did end up having sex, Shinji would probably be in the exact same boat that Misato's in. A boat where they rely on sex to get through their emotional turmoil. They wouldn't just have sex once, they'd have to do it constantly just to make it through the week. They'd probably stop talking to each other and the only form of contact the two would share would be when they eat and when they have sex.
4.) Misato may have had good intentions but she was a terrible mother.
5.) Even having a sexual relationship with Asuka wouldn't have helped Shinji.
6.) He just needed people to be there for him, not to feed his sexual urges. That's why he loved Kaworu so much. He was there for him, when no one else was. Now I'm not going to go into the whole "Did Shinji want to have sex with Kaworu?" thing but let's just say, he filled the void that Misato, Rei and Asuka failed to do so.

1.) thank you ^_^
2.) mabye, but i think he rejected her more out of surprise and indecision than anything else.
3.) that is a very logical and valid possibility and risk, however... i think 2 things lead to it being less likely.
__A.) Misato genuinely cared about Shinji long before she had any sexual feelings towards him, her previous sexual partners other than Kaji, probably not.
__B.) i think she matured past her sex = emotional satisfaction stage, i think she would keep things from becoming just about the sex or at least would try to.
is the risk too great, possibly. but i think them forming more of a permanent connection would have been worth taking it for following reasons
__C.) Misato has never ever been abusive or demeaning towards Shinji like Asuka is
__D.) Misato is full of emotion, fun, hopefulness unlike Rei
__E.) Misato's not a angel lol
4.) i disagree with this, when she made her first offer she ceased trying to be a mother.
up to that point, beyond forcing Shinji to live with Asuka and of course having to make him pilot the eva, i think she did a good job, she let him be himself, let him cook clean, never demeaned him for his obvious flaws, she encouraged him to change or evolve past some of his issues but never demanded he do so or demeaned him for them and his inability to move past them
5.) without question... well... mabye... depends on when in the timeline, had it happened sooner rather than later, them forming a bond solidified by sex might have prevented Asuka from becoming too competitive towards him and prevented her eventual downward spiral.
6.) your reasons for thinking this make sense for sure, and your correct in that, what kaworu was offering him would have been nice but him and kaworu never would have worked... and kaworu had a problem of just aways telling Shinji what he wanted to hear (well... until he didn't lol), rather than what he needed to hear. im sure Shinji could be happy alongside kaworu, im not sure if he would grow or mature as a person with him however.

LukeMM95
Adam
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 56
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby LukeMM95 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:1.) thank you ^_^
2.) mabye, but i think he rejected her more out of surprise and indecision than anything else.
3.) that is a very logical and valid possibility and risk, however... i think 2 things lead to it being less likely.
__A.) Misato genuinely cared about Shinji long before she had any sexual feelings towards him, her previous sexual partners other than Kaji, probably not.
__B.) i think she matured past her sex = emotional satisfaction stage, i think she would keep things from becoming just about the sex or at least would try to.
is the risk too great, possibly. but i think them forming more of a permanent connection would have been worth taking it for following reasons
__C.) Misato has never ever been abusive or demeaning towards Shinji like Asuka is
__D.) Misato is full of emotion, fun, hopefulness unlike Rei
__E.) Misato's not a angel lol
4.) i disagree with this, when she made her first offer she ceased trying to be a mother.
up to that point, beyond forcing Shinji to live with Asuka and of course having to make him pilot the eva, i think she did a good job, she let him be himself, let him cook clean, never demeaned him for his obvious flaws, she encouraged him to change or evolve past some of his issues but never demanded he do so or demeaned him for them and his inability to move past them
5.) without question... well... mabye... depends on when in the timeline, had it happened sooner rather than later, them forming a bond solidified by sex might have prevented Asuka from becoming too competitive towards him and prevented her eventual downward spiral.
6.) your reasons for thinking this make sense for sure, and your correct in that, what kaworu was offering him would have been nice but him and kaworu never would have worked... and kaworu had a problem of just aways telling Shinji what he wanted to hear (well... until he didn't lol), rather than what he needed to hear. im sure Shinji could be happy alongside kaworu, im not sure if he would grow or mature as a person with him however.

1. No probs :wink:
2. The way he rejects her sounded more like he was disgusted, rather than surprised. I don't even think Shinji thought about Misato sexually up until that point. Even the kiss that they share in EoE makes it look like Shinji's more disturbed by Misato's actions rather than mildly stunned.
3 & 4. Misato is a good person but she can't really help Shinji or be the mother figure he deserves. She has too many problems of her own. This is the same woman who has sex with a guy who reminds her of her father. The same father she supposedly hated. Not to mention that she's a alcoholic. The fun side of Misato is mostly just a front. It's the person Misato WANTS to be but is unable to become due to her own issues. Giving him independence was nice but like any good parent will tell you, too much independence can be a bad thing, which it was in this case. Maybe if the events of EoE didn't happen, she would eventually find a way to comfort him, but having sex with him would have probably just led to further problems between the two.
5. If the two started spending more time together early on, I think they could have been perfect for each other. They both have similar problems and if they were there for each other, they could have overcome them. The problem is both were extremely distant. It's the hedgehog dilemma at maximum. Asuka was too aggressive and Shinji was too much of a wuss. A purely sexual relationship wouldn't accomplish anything (for the same reasons it would be with Misato), but if the two managed to open up to each other (which is what I believe happens at the end of EoE), it could have worked out.
6. I'm not saying Kaworu is perfect for Shinji, I'm just saying the Kaworu provided him with something the girls didn't. He's there when Shinji needs him the most and he treats him like his equal rather than a lesser person. Which is also why Shinji was so pissed when Kaworu was revealed to be an Angel? He felt betrayed because the one person who he thought was on his side, turned out to be just using him. If Asuka was a little more like Kaworu, I'm sure he would have grown to love her the same way, maybe even more so.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot
Age: 28
Posts: 2091
Joined: Feb 24, 2014
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby movieartman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:31 pm

View Original PostLukeMM95 wrote:1.) The way he rejects her sounded more like he was disgusted, rather than surprised.
2.) Even the kiss that they share in EoE makes it look like Shinji's more disturbed by Misato's actions rather than mildly stunned.
3.) If the two started spending more time together early on, I think they could have been perfect for each other. They both have similar problems and if they were there for each other, they could have overcome them. The problem is both were extremely distant. It's the hedgehog dilemma at maximum. Asuka was too aggressive and Shinji was too much of a wuss. A purely sexual relationship wouldn't accomplish anything but if the two managed to open up to each other, it could have worked out.
4.) which is what I believe happens at the end of EoE
5.) I'm just saying the Kaworu provided him with something the girls didn't.

1.) you refering to the original voice acting or the dub?, ive only seen the dub, to me i did not get any disgust from it, but his voice was firmly putting his foot down when he said "leave me alone Misato" but that could have been less to do with her faintly implied offer, and more to do with just that he really could not take anymore of anyone being around him in his state.
2.) sorry strongly disagree with this.
his face right here looks to be in awe IMO
SPOILER: Show
Image
Image

and then here this face has a subtle sadness to it, and i think is a reaction to falling into the elevator not the kiss.
he seems like "no please don't leave me again"
SPOILER: Show
Image
Image

thats at least how i take it, at worst i think he was perplexed by the kiss (probably the promise more than the kiss), but not disturbed, had he been disgusted or disturbed i think he would not have broke down in tears when he sees the blood (again only time he cries in the entire series, that has to say something about how much she meant to him, and how much her final speech and actions got to him)
3.) agreed
4.) i can't see that, mabye mabye she tried to hence the face touch, but honestly she ruined it with her final line.
5.) agreed

sorry we don't fully agree

LukeMM95
Adam
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 56
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby LukeMM95 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:42 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:1.) you refering to the original voice acting or the dub?, ive only seen the dub, to me i did not get any disgust from it, but his voice was firmly putting his foot down when he said "leave me alone Misato" but that could have been less to do with her faintly implied offer, and more to do with just that he really could not take anymore of anyone being around him in his state.
2.) sorry strongly disagree with this.
his face right here looks to be in awe IMO
SPOILER: Show


and then here this face has a subtle sadness to it, and i think is a reaction to the shove not the kiss.
he seems like "no please don't leave me again"
SPOILER: Show


thats at least how i take it, at worst i think he was perplexed by the kiss (probably the promise more than the kiss), but not disturbed, had he been disgusted or disturbed i think he would not have broke down in tears when he sees the blood (again only time he cries in the entire series, that has to say something about how much she meant to him, and how much her final speech and actions got to him)
3.) agreed
4.) i can't see that, mabye mabye she tried to hence the face touch, but honestly she ruined it with her final line.
5.) agreed


1. Yes, I'm referring to the original audio. I just rewatched the scene in both languages and Shinji does come across as a little more shocked and disgusted in the Japanese version. That how I saw it anyway.
2. Maybe you're seeing something that I'm not but I always thought he was at first stunned by the kiss and then when Misato pushes him into the elevator, saying they'll do the rest when he gets back, he looks confused and disturbed by what just happened. Shinji deeply cared for Misato and loved her platonically, so of course he's going to start crying when he realizes she's going to die. Also just for the record, this isn't the only time Shinji has cried.
4. Well if she was referring to Shinji masturbating over her, I see that as just Asuka's way of trying to keep her tough exterior. Even if she is truly disgusted by what he did, I think she'll forgive him pretty quickly. Since they're currently the only two people still alive, who else are they going to talk to and interact with? They'll be forced to settle their differences and hopefully will become closer because of it.

sorry we don't fully agree

Don't worry about it, that's what this forum is for :wink:

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot
Age: 28
Posts: 2091
Joined: Feb 24, 2014
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby movieartman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:22 pm

View Original PostLukeMM95 wrote:1.) Yes, I'm referring to the original audio. I just rewatched the scene in both languages and Shinji does come across as a little more shocked and disgusted in the Japanese version. That how I saw it anyway
2.) Maybe you're seeing something that I'm not but I always thought he was at first stunned by the kiss and then when Misato pushes him into the elevator, saying they'll do the rest when he gets back, he looks confused and disturbed by what just happened.
3.) Also just for the record, this isn't the only time Shinji has cried.
4.) Well if she was referring to Shinji masturbating over her,
5.) I think she'll forgive him pretty quickly.

1.) ah ill watch the original scene when i get the chance and see how i take that version of it
2.) agree to disagree
3.) other times in the original series? i have no idea, i was just told it was the only time in another thread could not recall any others, so i expected it was true.
4.) oh yeah its a perfectly valid and fair reaction to that act, but it was just at the absolute 100% worst moment possible.
5.) i do hope so

LukeMM95
Adam
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 56
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
Location: England
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby LukeMM95 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:39 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:1.) ah ill watch the original scene when i get the chance and see how i take that version of it
2.) agree to disagree
3.) other times in the original series? i have no idea, i was just told it was the only time in another thread could not recall any others, so i expected it was true.
4.) oh yeah its a perfectly valid and fair reaction to that act, but it was just at the absolute 100% worst moment possible.
5.) i do hope so

3. He cried after killing Shamshel in Ep.3, when being dragged onto the train in Ep.4 and when he was glad that Rei was still alive in Ep.6. I think he cried a few other times but I can't really remember them. The moment he cries over Misato's death is a significant one though.
4. Well it's decent way of breaking the ice while a fourteen year old boy sobs on top of you.

Figo
Embryo
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 15, 2019

Re: Misato the slut?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Figo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 am

Old thread but I love how everyone is arguing if she's a slut based on her relationship with Kaji because that is just stupid.

To me, she's a slut for trying to spread her legs for Shinji, he was just a kid and saw her as a guardian and that's how she acts, no amount of mental gymnastics is gonna get around that.

SpaceCowboy35
Embryo
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 02, 2018
Gender: Male

Re: Misato the slut?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SpaceCowboy35 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:49 am

She is not a slut, she uses it to cope but it is only with 1 sex partner.
Shinji was just her pathetic attempt at comforting him as that is the only way she was comforted.
It is all she knows

Ambiant23
Tunniel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 16, 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male

Re: Misato the slut?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ambiant23 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Reads discussion thread:
The fuck?!


Return to “Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest