SSSS Gridman - Studio Trigger (2018)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Zeta_One
Adam

Re: SSSS Gridman - Studio Trigger (2018)

•      
  •      

Postby Zeta_One » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:15 pm

SSSS Gridman was the second best kaiju/tokusatsu feature of the decade. Shin Godzilla in first place of course.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:52 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I feel stupid for never noticing he was a boy. :|

I could have sworn I saw a reference that "his" character design was inspired by someone from Oreimo.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 am

A few trivia from the final scene : the actress in the final scene is Sakanoue Akane; as well as the Trigger paraphernalia in her room, there is also the Japanese equivalent of a Barbie-doll, called Licca-chan. Now, how would you normally expect that name to be romanized?

Obi Masaya who played Naoto in the original also did some promo work for this series as well as making a cameo as himself

Image Image
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:34 am

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Anime and Manga”