About the Pre-Renewal DVDs

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
calculon559
Embryo

About the Pre-Renewal DVDs

•      
  •      

Postby calculon559 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:24 am

It's relatively easy to find copies of the Renewal DVDs, the Archive DVDs, and the Blu-Reis online :shifty: .
However, it seems the original DVDs are MIA.
[Edit: The Japanese DVDs, these ones: http://svenge.evamonkey.com/evasite/jpolddvd/JPOLDDVD.htm ]
Is there a particular reason for this? Is it just because they came out before broadband internet? That there wasn't as much interest in NGE back then?
Or is it because, between the Blu-Reis, the Archive DVDs, and the ADV Director's Cut DVDs, everything on those discs is available in the same or much higher quality, rendering the OG DVDs obsolete?
Genuinely curious, as it's the only digital version of NGE that, afaik, is not 'preserved' online.
Last edited by calculon559 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This signature needs work.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: About the Pre-Renewal DVDs

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am

A search on Nyaa for "Evangelion Perfect Collection" brings up two copies, one with dual audio - but both have zero seeds (which doesn't always mean that you can't get them, in fact one of them started downloading immediately on a test). I haven't tried tweaking the search to find more.

EDIT: Actually, scrub that - these downloads are labelled "Platinum Perfect Edition", and I think are actually the Platinum edition.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

calculon559
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby calculon559 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:A search on Nyaa for "Evangelion Perfect Collection"

My understanding was those are based on the broadcast masters, as opposed to the 'finished' versions on the Japanese DVDs.
This signature needs work.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:31 am

Half and half, I think.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”