FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1044
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
Location: Above or below sealevel
Gender: Male

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 pm

I once had half a front tooth break off while eating fries...

In other news, P-N appears to be off his meds again and cranky as hell. And P-N-Girlfriend is back, spending her time vacuuming their apartment (for hours) and having (loud) sex with P-N :facepalm: .

Oh well, perhaps soon some new people will be able to 'enjoy' them, as a serious option for a new house has shown up...
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

robersora
Seed
Seed
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 3722
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:52 am

^
You should take that opportunity, even if it means I don't get gradeA horror-entertainment from your posts any longer.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1209
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:07 am

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:I once had half a front tooth break off while eating fries...

In other news, P-N appears to be off his meds again and cranky as hell. And P-N-Girlfriend is back, spending her time vacuuming their apartment (for hours) and having (loud) sex with P-N :facepalm: .

Oh well, perhaps soon some new people will be able to 'enjoy' them, as a serious option for a new house has shown up...


I really hope you are able to move away as I've been reading this whole story and you deserve better and should be happy.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1781
Joined: Aug 01, 2016
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Camembert is cheese. Do you know Brie? Camembert's similar, but a smaller round, a bit runnier inside, and much smellier (ammoniacal, if properly ripe).

For retro (1970's) bad-taste points, you get a very small one (sold for the purpose) and deep fry it...

Oh, I love Brie! It was the best part of French Club back in high school.

Shamsiel-kun wrote:Oh well, perhaps soon some new people will be able to 'enjoy' them, as a serious option for a new house has shown up...

TAKE IT! For your own sanity, like robersora said, mental well-being (and sleep) is more important than fun posts about crazy neighbors.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1044
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
Location: Above or below sealevel
Gender: Male

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:56 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:TAKE IT! For your own sanity, like robersora said, mental well-being (and sleep) is more important than fun posts about crazy neighbors.


Starting to look like it...

Just will have to survive Psycho-Neighbour's Christmas and New Year party (last year it was close to 10 days of continuous noise...)...fortunately they are not into fireworks.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1781
Joined: Aug 01, 2016
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 am

10 Days...? Jesus Puerto Rican Christ... he must have buckets of adderall laying around... though its good that they won't accidentally burn anything down, so that's pretty nice, I mean... at least that's something...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1781
Joined: Aug 01, 2016
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Ugh... this class I'm in now has a very shitty professor. They nitpick every bit of grammar (basically the whole reason they take off points next to "your argument could be longer") and think a forum post needs like three different sources and should be far longer than it needs to, and follows the rubrics way too closely. Though, they never let us know what grammar rules we're breaking... :headscratch: Honestly, I'm putting in the same level of work I usually do into this class, which has always gotten me A's and B's, even with tough teachers, and I have a low C, so I'm just frustrated with the lack of good grades given what I'm putting in.

Also, they like us to put our "bottom line up front" which makes me think they're skimming everything we write in the "support your argument" bit of the posts and papers, so if they don't see the key words they're looking for, they take off points :emogendo: Guess it's time to brush off the "I love baby seals" line and insert it a few times into my next case study to test that theory.

Anyway, I'm in class right now, and I just needed to vent...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Princess Asuka
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1122
Joined: Oct 10, 2013
Location: With Sousuke Sagara.
Gender: Female

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 am

I'm pissed off and I need to vent.

I'm pissed off at my dad for giving into my mom by letting her get a real Christmas tree again. Yesterday we bought an artificial tree from a thrift shop, my mom couldn't put it together and instead of asking my dad or anyone for help, she then donates the tree to another thrift shop. Anyhow, we spent the whole weekend looking at artificial trees and the ones that we wanted were either too expensive or sold out. -_-

And finally my parents keep enabling my sister by letting her talk on the phone with and facebook messenger and even hang out with this creep. -_- She's 23 and very naive and he's 19. He looks like a young Weird Al Yankovic if you ask me. XD Anyhow, they are not dating mainly cause everyone in my family hates this creep. Then again most of the guys she's liked before him were creepy. Anyhow, young Weird Al is a horndog, he's mentioned sex to her in a conversation and my parents have caught them locking lips once we ended up driving behind his parents and my mom caught my sister and young Weird Al Yankovic making out in the backseat of his parents' car, the second time was at a bowling alley on a group date and my parents saw them kissing and her making out with him again. Also, last year young Weird Al bought her a back massage wand as a Christmas gift which is totally inappropriate. I'm pissed off cause my parents keep enabling her by still letting her have contact with and see this creep. If I had my way his phone number and facebook would be blocked and she'd never be allowed to see him or talk to him again. Even though my sister isn't the brightest bulb I still love her and I just don't wanna see her get hurt by this creep. To be honest, I don't even know what she sees in this guy. :/
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"Anta Baka?!" Asuka Langley Soryu
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm a specialist!!" Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun


http://www.silvermillenniumfalcon.com

robersora
Seed
Seed
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 3722
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 am

^
I don't understand what's the problem with a 23 year old engaging in sexual activities. Also, it's her relationship, unless she's in immediate danger it's not your place to decide for her.

I also don't understand why a fake Christmas tree would be better than a real one.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1781
Joined: Aug 01, 2016
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am

^ I'm a fake Christmas tree owner, it's prelit and comes in three sections and stands just over 7ft tall. I don't have to water it and it stores away nice and easy, plus no mess or disposal, so I'll be using for a great long while.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

robersora
Seed
Seed
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 3722
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:21 am

^
well, that makes sense.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland
User avatar
Age: 72
Posts: 10030
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby pwhodges » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:04 am

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:my parents keep enabling my sister by letting her talk on the phone with and facebook messenger and even hang out with this creep. -_- She's 23

Are you seriously arguing that a 23-year-old should be subject to parental control? If she wants to make life choices that you disapprove of, then that's up to her, not you or your parents.

I was married with a child at that age FFS.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Suki da, Yano" - Bokura ga ita ep.21 (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1209
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm pissed off at my dad for giving into my mom by letting her get a real Christmas tree again.


You know Xmas is about having a good time so, so what if your mum wants a real tree.

my parents keep enabling my sister by letting her talk on the phone with and facebook messenger and even hang out with this creep. -_- She's 23


I mean no offence but in your past posts you say you've dated some really bad guys whose girlfriend you've constantly cussed with mean spirited words so trying to control and tell your sister who she should and shouldn't be dating makes you look very bad as its none of your concern. I think maybe now its time to stop throwing hated and malice at the people around you and look inside yourself to what's really bothering you and maybe escape from your situation.

Also your parents level of control sounds very bad as normally parents let go around 18 its not normal for them to be following around and dictating love interests at that age. Maybe you should talk to someone outside your family a therapists or councillor because right now you come off as some one who hates the world and everybody in it hence why your attacking everyone and that crap might make you feel good but its not real emotional power its an illusion and makes you a bully, long term you have to have self love and feel complete as a person.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Princess Asuka
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1122
Joined: Oct 10, 2013
Location: With Sousuke Sagara.
Gender: Female

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:You know Xmas is about having a good time so, so what if your mum wants a real tree.



I mean no offence but in your past posts you say you've dated some really bad guys who girlfriend you've constantly cussed with mean spirited words so trying to control and tell your sister who she should and shouldn't be dating makes you look very bad as its none of your concern. I think maybe now its time to stop throwing hated and malice at the people around you and look inside yourself to what's really bothering you and maybe escape from your situation.

Also your parents level of control sounds very bad as normally parents let go around 18 its not normal for them to be following around and dictating love interests at that age. Maybe you should talk to someone outside your family a therapists or councillor because right now you come off as some one who hates the world and everybody in it hence why your attacking everyone and that crap might make you feel good but its not real emotional power its an illusion and makes you a bully, long term you have to have self love and feel complete as a person.

Yeah, you're right. My most recent ex was way too much for me to handle. Anyhow, despite me and my sister being adults we still live at home. We both have Asperger's and other issues, so we're not normal adults. I will admit that I do bully my sister, cause I'm jealous cause she's the favorite and she's thin. I'm just really on edge cause my time of the month is coming any day now and I have really bad PMS. I vented about my sister only because I have nowhere else to vent about it. I do love her, but I don't want her to get hurt this creep. Whenever I try to tell her to be careful around this guy she gets all pissy and won't listen to me. Also, she's very naive and doesn't really know anything about sex. Anyhow, I'm probably gonna end up discussing this with my therapist on Monday. Also, I don't hate the world and everybody in it. I just hate the fact that I have Asperger's and other issues that don't make me normal. I just wish that there was a cure for Asperger's and all the other issues that I have.
"Winds in the east, Mist coming in, Like something is brewing, About to begin. Can't put my finger on, What lies in store, But, I feel what's to happen, All happened before..." From Mary Poppins
"For Love and Justice, I'm the pretty sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Sailor Moon
"Anta Baka?!" Asuka Langley Soryu
"We fall in love, our hearts may break, we lose sleep longing for someone, but that's how we know we're alive." Usagi Tsukino from the Sailor Moon S movie.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm a specialist!!" Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic.
"Trying to make sense of what a cat does is like trying to make sense of what Chuckman posts." - Nuke-kun


http://www.silvermillenniumfalcon.com

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1209
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: FML general thread [8]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:37 am

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:Yeah, you're right. My most recent ex was way too much for me to handle. Anyhow, despite me and my sister being adults we still live at home. We both have Asperger's and other issues, so we're not normal adults.


Okay this makes more sense of your situation.

I will admit that I do bully my sister, cause I'm jealous cause she's the favorite and she's thin. I'm just really on edge cause my time of the month is coming any day now and I have really bad PMS. I vented about my sister only because I have nowhere else to vent about it. I do love her, but I don't want her to get hurt this creep. Whenever I try to tell her to be careful around this guy she gets all pissy and won't listen to me.


You bullying her because she's your parents favourite is not right you should be talking to your parents about that issue not taking it out on her there's an old saying blame the game not the player you should take that on board. She proberbly gets pissy because your bullying her and she picks up on the vibe that the thing about being a bully is people don't respect you, they fear you. Also having a go at her body size because she's thin is just an added layer to that as it makes you look shallow and vindictive and she proberbly picks up the vibe.

Also, she's very naive and doesn't really know anything about sex. Anyhow, I'm probably gonna end up discussing this with my therapist on Monday. Also, I don't hate the world and everybody in it. I just hate the fact that I have Asperger's and other issues that don't make me normal. I just wish that there was a cure for Asperger's and all the other issues that I have.


Then educated and protect her and don't be an asshole to her, be the bigger sister doing so might change her reception towards you. In life we are sometimes handed crappy cards that don't make us normal that suck like we can't fit in we are social out casts loners or have disabilities that we can not cure, what matters is how you behave as a person and rise above it. Instead of waiting for a cure that will never come strive to be a better person because I'll tell you now wallowing in self hated and self pity gets you no where you just hate yourself even more and fall deeper in to that rabbit hole.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3


Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests